Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2013, 09:22 AM   #46
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by low-key View Post
I was having an argument with my homie ( I always wanted to say homie ), when getting in the shower , you turn the water on, then do you enter from the back side of shower or where the nozzles are ?
Either one. I have the slider glass doors and have easy access both sides.
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:28 AM   #47
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

At home, I have a glass door so there is no choice. When at a hotel with a tub shower, I get in and out from the back.
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2013, 09:35 AM   #48
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran

I get in and out from the back so I can ease my way in to the water.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:39 AM   #49
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

We have a glass door also, but I don't step in face forward, I back in! This way the water hits my back first. Even though I have tested the temp of the water with my hand, it doesn't feel the same hitting my body.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:48 AM   #50
Soldier's*Sweeties
I WILL walk three miles in the snow, uphill, barefoot for a Pumpkin Spice Latte
I'll take the Palmettos

Am I the only one who just knows what to set the shower on for the perfect temp after doing it everyday, at least know a day? Lol

Hot all of the way on... Cold all of the way on and then turn it lower about a centimeter. I wait a few minutes and then get in.

As for how I enter, I guess I get in on the opposite side from the nozzle.
Bonus book #26- Parasite(Parasitology #1) Mira Grant
2014 Reading Challenge: 35 Books
#1-Bad Monkey Carl Hiaasen, #2- Undead and Unwed MaryJanice Davidson, #3- New Year Island Paul Draker, #4- Belle de Jour: Diary of an Unlikely Call Girl Anonymous, #5-Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers Mary Roach,
#6- Undead and Unemployed MaryJanice Davidson, #7- Infected Scott Sigler, #8- Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex Mary Roach, #9- Flesh Worn Stone John Burks, #10- Uganda Be Kidding Me Chelsea Handler,
#11- The Witness Sandra Brown, #12-Midnight Crossroad Charlaine Harris, #13- Under the Dome Stephen King, #14- Monument 14 Emmy Laybourne, #15- Monument 14: Sky on Fire Emmy Laybourne, #16- The Magicians Lev Grossman, #17, #18, #19- The Strain Trilogy Guillermo Del Toro, #20- A Discovery of Witches Deborah Harkness, #21- Postmortem Patricia Cornwell, #22- The Darkest Minds Alexandra Bracken, #23- The Heist Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg, #24- The Town Bentley Little, #25- The Chase Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg, #26- Relic Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child
Soldier's*Sweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:53 AM   #51
carissa1970
DIS Veteran

Thought this was a bizarre thread topic at first, but then I thought I'd put in my two cents. Lol. I think it depends on age, as well. My 7yo son likes to get in while the water is off, stand under the shower head, turn it on full force, and scream at the top of his lungs when the cold spray hits him. He finds this hysterical. I know I am now going to pay attention to how I enter the shower...

carissa1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:24 AM   #52
Soldier's*Sweeties
I WILL walk three miles in the snow, uphill, barefoot for a Pumpkin Spice Latte
I'll take the Palmettos

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissa1970 View Post
Thought this was a bizarre thread topic at first, but then I thought I'd put in my two cents. Lol. I think it depends on age, as well. My 7yo son likes to get in while the water is off, stand under the shower head, turn it on full force, and scream at the top of his lungs when the cold spray hits him. He finds this hysterical. I know I am now going to pay attention to how I enter the shower...

Low-Key is GREAT at bizarre question threads.

HOWEVER...A lot of the things he brings up will make you think about them(or forget them depending on the topic).
Bonus book #26- Parasite(Parasitology #1) Mira Grant
2014 Reading Challenge: 35 Books
#1-Bad Monkey Carl Hiaasen, #2- Undead and Unwed MaryJanice Davidson, #3- New Year Island Paul Draker, #4- Belle de Jour: Diary of an Unlikely Call Girl Anonymous, #5-Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers Mary Roach,
#6- Undead and Unemployed MaryJanice Davidson, #7- Infected Scott Sigler, #8- Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex Mary Roach, #9- Flesh Worn Stone John Burks, #10- Uganda Be Kidding Me Chelsea Handler,
#11- The Witness Sandra Brown, #12-Midnight Crossroad Charlaine Harris, #13- Under the Dome Stephen King, #14- Monument 14 Emmy Laybourne, #15- Monument 14: Sky on Fire Emmy Laybourne, #16- The Magicians Lev Grossman, #17, #18, #19- The Strain Trilogy Guillermo Del Toro, #20- A Discovery of Witches Deborah Harkness, #21- Postmortem Patricia Cornwell, #22- The Darkest Minds Alexandra Bracken, #23- The Heist Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg, #24- The Town Bentley Little, #25- The Chase Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg, #26- Relic Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child
Soldier's*Sweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:17 AM   #53
My 2 princesses
Can't Wait To Go Back...I've Been Bitten By The Bug:)

I have a standing shower but if I had to step into the bath tub for a shower I would get in and then turn the shower on. I can't be the only one who does that now, could I?
Old 04-27-2013, 11:59 AM   #54
Luv'sTink
DIS Veteran

I turn on the water, put my hand in the stream to check temp. and get in from the nozzle end. Why would you stand at the back and have to reach through the water to adjust the temp. (hot or cold) that seems really odd.
Luv'sTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:16 PM   #55
Kathryn Merteuil
Barden Bella

I tried it the other way today... it seemed really strange.
Kathryn Merteuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:18 PM   #56
Micca
You gotta love a great plan like that
Will be spending some time with George Harrison
I have known whack-a-doodles in my day

I turn on the water, then finish undressing. Our upstairs shower takes more than 30 seconds to get warm. Once the water temp is just right, I step in under the nozzle. As Jimmy Dodd used to say "Cleanliness is next to godliness"
Micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:25 PM   #57
JVL1018
Forever Mickey's daughter
I hate stickers on fruit, it skeeves me.
If someone doesn't like it, tough noogies
"Nakey Boy to the rescue!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv'sTink View Post
I turn on the water, put my hand in the stream to check temp. and get in from the nozzle end. Why would you stand at the back and have to reach through the water to adjust the temp. (hot or cold) that seems really odd.
I never have to adjust the temp. I turn it on, put my hand under, make sure it's good, pull the thingy to make the water come out of the shower head rather than the tub faucet, get undressed, and step in. And when I step in,I'm right where I need to be, where the spray is coming down. If I stepped in at the front, I'd have to move towards the back because that's where I stand to shower.

JVL1018 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:23 PM   #58
aprilgail2
Ikea- Swedish for CRAP

I get in with the water off- take the shower nozzle down and turn the water on, the water is aimed at the floor of hte tub until I ge tthe temp I want then I put the shower nozzle back up until I am finished soaping up then I take it back down to rinse off. I would not get in the front or the back with the water running LOL...I don't turn it on until I am in there and the nozzle is down!
Old 04-27-2013, 02:49 PM   #59
zokaluse
Mouseketeer

I always turn the shower on then get my towel etc ready then pop my hand under the spray yk see if it's ready - then in I step! Regardless of shower set up that's how I do it as no way am I getting gold shower on me!
Old 04-27-2013, 02:57 PM   #60
marlynnp
No take backs, bowing out or other weenie manuevers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zokaluse View Post
I always turn the shower on then get my towel etc ready then pop my hand under the spray yk see if it's ready - then in I step! Regardless of shower set up that's how I do it as no way am I getting gold shower on me!
That's a different subject entirely!

At the back, mainly so the water doesn't spritz onto the floor.

'tis better to remain silent and appear a fool; than to speak and remove all doubt.
marlynnp is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: