Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 10:45 PM   #31
tvguy
Sailed on:The Mermoz, Norway, Nordic Prince, Sovereign of the Seas, Amsterdam, Magic & Pride of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
Backside. The real reason being my bathroom is really small, and the toilet is mere inches away from the front of the shower (where the nozzle is). Trying to squeeze through that space to get into the shower would be impractical and maybe a bit hazardous.
Same here.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:48 PM   #32
JVL1018
Forever Mickey's daughter
I hate stickers on fruit, it skeeves me.
If someone doesn't like it, tough noogies
"Nakey Boy to the rescue!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by indimom View Post
Turn it on, adjust the temp, then get in from the back (furthest from the faucet). It seems like water would end up on the floor outside the shower if you get in from the front by the showerhead.
I agree. It never even occurred to me to get into the shower from the front.

Regardless, every bathroom I've had, the front of the shower is close to either a sink or a toilet, so there wouldn't be a ton of room to be hopping in and out, and also-no bathmat would fit between the tub/ sink or toilet, so I'd be slipping on wet tile.

JVL1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2013, 10:56 PM   #33
Maridw
DisneyMom to Disneylover0105
Love to Dance
Tinkerbell Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceemys View Post
I turn the water on first then enter furthest away from the faucet.
Same here. No matter how much I adjust the temp of the water, as soon as I put it to the shower I get a a burst of cold water first. So I get in at the far end of the shower with the shower head pointing as far down as possible. Plus the toilet is closest to the faucet.
DL yearly 1969-78, Dec 99, Jul 04, Sept 06, Apr 07 FW 1972 SoG Nov 95, Jun 97, Jul 99, Nov 01 AS Sports Resort - Nov 2000; Apr & Nov 02; Mar & May 03; May & Oct 04, Apr 06 Coronado Springs Resort - Nov 03 Pop Century Mar/Apr, May, & Nov 05, Jan 06, Dec 11, Dec 12 Celebration World Resort Nov/Dec 09

It's A Girl - Natalie Grace! 4 years old now! Our dancing baby!

Maridw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:58 PM   #34
brockash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by low-key View Post
I was having an argument with my homie ( I always wanted to say homie ), when getting in the shower , you turn the water on, then do you enter from the back side of shower or where the nozzles are ?
from the backside...wouldn't water get on the ground if you enter from the front?
Old 04-26-2013, 11:01 PM   #35
disykat
DIS Veteran

All three of these apply to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingWithFlowers View Post
Rotfl! I always enter where the water is, but my homie (aka mother) used to tell me not to do that in case the water is too hot.
Same here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
Backside. The real reason being my bathroom is really small, and the toilet is mere inches away from the front of the shower (where the nozzle is). Trying to squeeze through that space to get into the shower would be impractical and maybe a bit hazardous.
My kid's bathroom is this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdcp View Post
Um, my shower is rectangular with a glass door so there's only one way to get in. I run the water, check the temp and just get in. No way to get in from the back or front. Am I the only one that thinks this is a strange question?
I have a shower stall in my bathroom as well.

Before I married my DH it never occurred to me there were people that get in the front since I've always stepping in from the far end when using a tub/shower combo, so I guess I would have thought it was a weird question!
Old 04-26-2013, 11:16 PM   #36
ahsquared
Mouseketeer

The back so the water doesn't splash out of the shower.
ahsquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:40 PM   #37
Momvic5
DIS Veteran

I alway reach in and turn the nozzle so that it is facing the wall and then turn the water on towards hot. I let it warm up as I undress. I get in at the nozzle so that I can adjust the nozzle and the temp of the water.

Me DH DS DD DS
Momvic5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:17 AM   #38
Art 1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by low-key View Post
I was having an argument with my homie ( I always wanted to say homie ), when getting in the shower , you turn the water on, then do you enter from the back side of shower or where the nozzles are ?
I only have one side, through the door.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:39 AM   #39
Kathryn Merteuil
Barden Bella

DH and I differ on this one too.

I am a firm believer in going in from the back side away from the faucet. If for no other reason, (like mentioned before) it keeps the water from splashing out.
Kathryn Merteuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:14 AM   #40
DawnM
Dawn

Away from the nozzle. Now this could be because I am really short and I would get a face full of water if I enter at the nozzle end.

living with 4 boys (dh included)
DawnM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:45 AM   #41
DisneyFan32WI
Sometimes I just like to be plain and boring

Near the nozzle. I don't know why.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:00 AM   #42
Poohforyou
DIS Veteran

It's so interesting how others do even the simplest things. I've never entered a shower at the nozzle end that I can recall since I don't want a face full of water or water on the floor.
Poohforyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:03 AM   #43
OceanAnnie
I guess I have a thing against maroon food
If they are well behaved I'm okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohforyou View Post
It's so interesting how others do even the simplest things. I've never entered a shower at the nozzle end that I can recall since I don't want a face full of water.
It is! I was thinking the same exact thing. I never gave it a thought as to which end of the shower I enter. Same with butter, never thought people would leave it on the counter. Funny the things you learn on the DIS.

"We do not see things as they are, we see them as we are." -- Anais Nin

"Some lived careful lives and some lived careless lives, and everything that happened could be explained by the differences between them." -- Anne Tyler

"When you are a hammer, everything is a nail." --- Unknown

OceanAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:10 AM   #44
Handbag Lady
Disneyland Bride 2000
If you can't say somethng nice, come sit next to me
Has the wherewithall to save bakery goods from earthquakes

I have a square shower with two doors. I can enter from either side.

I ALWAYS do this: turn water on, adjust to the right temperature, wait for any changes, then step in at the nozzle.

No water splashes out and I had getting in from the back. I like to be all wet at once. My shower is also really powerful, so it wakes me up, too.

But, when we are traveling, I do the opposite! I can't trust hotel showers to not suddenly change temperature and I've had my fair share of cold blasts to last me a lifetime to not enter from the back, just to be safe.
WDW: October 2010: DCL, Poly, and the Grand for the 10th Anniversary Extravaganza!, Oct/Nov. 2008 CBR / Sept. 2007 CBR / Oct. 2006 AKL / August 2005 POR (hello Katrina!) / 1998 Off Campus at the Grosvenor (ENGAGED AT EPCOT )
DL: Twice a month for years / Multiple visits since birth / 1989 CM on Main Street / 2000 Disneyland Fairy Tale Wedding
DCL: Oct 2010 4-Day Caribbean / Nov 2011 Mexican Riviera / Oct 2012 Mexican Riviera
Handbag Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:11 AM   #45
Tinkh
DIS Veteran

From the back and I never even dreamed of going in from the front. If you have a single door entry, I think that qualifies as entering from the back because you are entering behind the spray right? Unless you have a door and nozzle to the side then I guess that is when you would enter in the middle which opens up a whole new realm of possibilities

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: