Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 08:39 PM   #1
wtrowbridge
Mouseketeer

BOG confusion

We are heading to Disney in Sept. and I am confused about Be Our Guest. I thought it was a QS restaurant and assumed we would be using a QS credit from our DDP. Our travel agent told me you can only get reservations for dinner and made us 4:00 reservations. Now I think I am understanding that we have to use a TS credit there for a 4:00 seating? And the only character we may meet is the Beast but even that is not guaranteed? If all of the above is right, is it worth it or would be better off trying to get in for lunch instead, just to see it?
wtrowbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:42 PM   #2
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtrowbridge View Post
We are heading to Disney in Sept. and I am confused about Be Our Guest. I thought it was a QS restaurant and assumed we would be using a QS credit from our DDP. Our travel agent told me you can only get reservations for dinner and made us 4:00 reservations. Now I think I am understanding that we have to use a TS credit there for a 4:00 seating? And the only character we may meet is the Beast but even that is not guaranteed? If all of the above is right, is it worth it or would be better off trying to get in for lunch instead, just to see it?
BOG is QS at lunch and TS at dinner. 4:00pm is dinner.

Beast greets at dinner only but does not come to tables. Once you are finished with your meal you are invited to visit with him.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2013, 08:48 PM   #3
Haley
DIS Veteran

I would check out the menus and see what you like better.

You may have a 45-1hr minute wait for lunch so dinner might be more enjoyable. It's hard to get a dinner reservation there.
Disney Trips: Ft Wilderness '83, Ft. Wilderness '91, ASM July'96, Boardwalk/DCL Magic July '98, CBR/DCL Wonder '00, DCL Magic '03, CBR July '04, CBR May '05, AKL Oct '05, Poly Dec '06, DCL Wonder '06, Beach Club May '07, DCL Wonder '07, Pop/AKL Oct '08 Engaged, Ft. Wild. May 09, Poly Oct 09 Honeymoon!, DCL Magic Nov '09, Pop Oct '10, AoA/BCV Oct '12, Pop Century Dec '13!
Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:07 AM   #4
BuzznBelle'smom
There are tomato-ey paw prints all around the stove
I've never had it burn, and I do this regularly

Guest Services informed me that it's tougher to get a dinner ADR at BOG than it is to get breakfast at CRT. So, either be happy you got one, or cancel and make someone else's day. With that early a dinner time, it might be a good day to skip lunch and have a snack during the day to tide you over.

BOG was a favorite of ours on our trip in Jan. We went for an early dinner, the kids loved it, and it wasn't very crowded--we got to enjoy the castle and see the Beast with very little wait. The lines were very long for lunch. But, this is your trip, you'll have to decide what to do about this. It's possible, but not likely, that you can find a "better" dinner time. I thought the food at dinner was much better than a lot of WDW fare, but you might want to look at the menu and see if it's to your liking.
BuzznBelle'smom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: