Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 05:21 PM   #1
DisneyChick2013
Earning My Ears

Planning vacation- best moderate resort suggestions please

I am trying to choose the best hotel choice for our family- my husband and I and our 2 teenage daughters. As the girls want their own space- we are going to either need 2 standard rooms or a suite of some kind. I want a Disney resort and think the moderate resorts are the best choice for us. Can everyone share with me which moderate resort is the best for the money? also how is the bus transportation getting to the parks? finally- is it better to do a package deal or arrange room,tickets etc seperately?

Any advice is appreciated!! Thanks!
DisneyChick2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:37 PM   #2
MSSANDRA
DIS Veteran

We really like CSR. The whole feel of the resort is just so calm, yet disney friendly. The bus service is the best of anywhere we have stayed including deluxe. Nice pool, good food and such a pretty setting. We always do a package and in the past mostly done DDP, but are considering maybe a different angle next trip.
MSSANDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2013, 06:15 PM   #3
pieface
Mouseketeer

mod resort

My favorite moderate is port Orleans French quarter little more expensive than others, Coronado springs is also nice 2 queen size beds, Caribbean beach is a little cheaper has 2 full.size beds in rooms.

Art of animation is a value resort, has one bedroom with queen size, living room has a full sleep sofa and full sleep table

Ft wilderness cabins have 1 bed room with 1 full bed and bunk beds in room, little living room has a full size Murphy bed, has a full kitchen living room area and porch.

I think if your getting 2 rooms Caribbean beach is the cheapest out of all moderate resorts. It is a large resort and the rooms are a little larger than most
pieface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:37 PM   #4
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieface View Post
My favorite moderate is port Orleans French quarter little more expensive than others, Coronado springs is also nice 2 queen size beds, Caribbean beach is a little cheaper has 2 full.size beds in rooms.
The cost for the four moderates is basically the same for the same room categories.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:18 PM   #5
maryj11
DIS Veteran

I would let the teens look at photo's of the resorts and see what they like. I have stayed at CSR and POR. I liked both, it really all depends on what theme you like most and of course with the teens what pool they like best. The bus service was a little better at CSR than POR but it was not really a problem at either. I would rather ride the buses then fight the traffic and parking areas at the parks. We are maybe going to try CBR next with a preferred room so we wont have to walk to far.
We did not have a preferred room at either CSR or POR but if I were to stay at them again I would book preferred because after walking in the parks all day it just seems like to much when we have to hike another long walk to the food court and pool. I know preferred is a little bit more but it is worth it to me.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:01 PM   #6
dmiller64152
Mouseketeer

Have you looked into renting DVC points? You might be able to get a ssmall suite in a deluxe resort for the same as two rooms in a moderate, and you'd have a kitchen.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:11 AM   #7
DisneyChick2013
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmiller64152 View Post
Have you looked into renting DVC points? You might be able to get a ssmall suite in a deluxe resort for the same as two rooms in a moderate, and you'd have a kitchen.
No- how do you go about doing this?
DisneyChick2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:30 AM   #8
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Would you be comfortable letting your teenagers go off on their own? If so, I would pick Port Orleans Riverside. That way they could hop the boat to Downtown Disney and shop if they want to. Plus POR has a great gift shop, the best food court at WDW (in my opinion) and multiple pools to enjoy.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:51 AM   #9
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyChick2013 View Post
No- how do you go about doing this?
http://www.dvcrequest.com/
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: