Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 03:04 PM   #1
donnaf516
DIS Veteran

Floridays, Holiday Inn Club Vacations or Lake Buena Vista Resort Village

We're really considering making a switch to off site for the first time. Since we're traveling with a group of 8 it just kind of make sense. I think we would have a great time in a condo type place instead of 2-3 hotel rooms.

Right now our options are Floridays, Holiday Inn Club Vacation or Lake Buena Vista Resort Village. It worries me a little that I don't see much on here about any of them. Anyone recently stay any of them?

August 2010 - POR
August 2011 - CBR
February 2012 - Pop
August 2012 - BC
August 2013 - POFQ
donnaf516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:45 PM   #2
Mommytwotwins
Mouseketeer

I stayed at floridays in October of 2011 so not too recent but I would stay there again it was very nice. If you search my posts I took a bunch of pics if you want to look at them. I just stayed last week at bonnet creek and it was very nice also and about $500 less than what floridays was. You may want to look into that as well.

1997 May/June off Property
2009 June POR
2010 August CB
2011 October Floridays/POP
2012 ????
Mommytwotwins is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2013, 09:37 PM   #3
donnaf516
DIS Veteran

Thanks! I'll take a look at your post. I haven't stayed off site since I was a kid so I'm a little nervous about it. I just think we will really like the extra space & a kitchen. It would also be great to be able to hang out after the kids go to sleep.

August 2010 - POR
August 2011 - CBR
February 2012 - Pop
August 2012 - BC
August 2013 - POFQ
Old 04-29-2013, 07:48 AM   #4
donnaf516
DIS Veteran

Looked at your thread. Pretty nice! Lots of space to spread out.

Im really nervous about going off site. We have free dining so I need to make sure it would be worth moving. I would love to get more opinions since that was a couple years ago. Anyone else?

August 2010 - POR
August 2011 - CBR
February 2012 - Pop
August 2012 - BC
August 2013 - POFQ
Old 04-29-2013, 04:21 PM   #5
Lauren81M
Earning My Ears

We stayed in Orlando a total of 7 weeks in 2012. Here's what we liked in order:
1. Wyndham Bonnet Creek
2. Marriott's Harbour Lake (the only reason Bonnet Creek wins over this one is due to proximity to Disney, otherwise they would tie).
3. Diamond's Grand Beach (stayed here twice)
4. Diamond Resort's Grande Villas Resort (NOT Cypress Pointe Resort, they are different)
5. Sheraton Vistana Resort

Any of these were great (and we are kind of picky when it comes to what we like about resorts as far as cleanliness, modern furnishings/finishings, customer service, etc.) lots of space, full kitchen, washer/dryer in unit and all that typical timeshare stuff. We had a couple customer service and cleanliness issues with Vistana, but nothing that would prevent me from staying there again if I had to. I won't tell you what the 6th one was; it wasn't a timeshare, it was a private rental, which I will try to never do again. We rented Bonnet Creek from Vacation Strategy LLC and it all went smoothly. Hope this helps.

April 2005 (honeymoon): PO Riverside
Nov 2007 (surprise from hubby): PO Riverside
Jan 2009 (7 mo pregnant): PO Riverside
Feb 2010: Coronado Springs
Nov 2010 (5 mos pregnant): PO Fr Quarter and Beach Club Villas
Sept 2011: Boardwalk Villas
Feb 2012: Regal Palms and Grand Beach
May 2012: Grand Beach
October 2012: Grande Villas at Cypress Pointe and Sheraton Vistana Resort
December 2012: Marriott's Harbour Lake and Wyndham Bonnet Creek (thus ended our Grand Year of the Annual Passes).
Future plans: 2 weeks October 2013 with 11 family members!
Lauren81M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:58 PM   #6
gskywalker
Earning My Ears

we stayed at the lake Buena vista in a 3 bedroom condo. We really liked it there and plan to stay there if we ever go to Orlando during non free meal plan times. Service was great, condo was great, the pool area was pretty good, just an fyi the water slide through the pirate ship is really quick and goes into deeper water, so its not a slide for little kids(my kids did it but I had to stand at the bottom to catch them. We would have liked to have a pool area with a few more small kid things (ie kids water park) but otherwise it was perfect for us.
gskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:41 PM   #7
donnaf516
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gskywalker View Post
we stayed at the lake Buena vista in a 3 bedroom condo. We really liked it there and plan to stay there if we ever go to Orlando during non free meal plan times. Service was great, condo was great, the pool area was pretty good, just an fyi the water slide through the pirate ship is really quick and goes into deeper water, so its not a slide for little kids(my kids did it but I had to stand at the bottom to catch them. We would have liked to have a pool area with a few more small kid things (ie kids water park) but otherwise it was perfect for us.
That's great to hear! DH is pushing for staying there. Was this a recent trip?

August 2010 - POR
August 2011 - CBR
February 2012 - Pop
August 2012 - BC
August 2013 - POFQ
Old 05-01-2013, 09:00 PM   #8
gskywalker
Earning My Ears

we stayed there in November of 2011, so about a year and a half ago. all the families we talked to liked it there as well. I actually keep looking for a flight deal during other times of the year so that we can go and stay at lake Buena vista again. fyi, they have a shuttle, but if you take it you are there for the day, so if you like to split it up you would need to drive, they have 2 shuttles in the morning, 2 shuttles at night.
gskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote