Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 10:13 AM   #31
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by benji2012 View Post
I loved our dinner experience in March! I haven't tried lunch yet but when we went a few weeks later in April we heard a CM telling people the wait was about an hour and a half at a about 12:30. I'd keep dinner!
That is very misleading on the hour and half wait for lunch unless it was a holiday. The line would have had to be stretched way down the walkway! We have gone on two 10 day trips since they opened and have never seen it beyond a 30-45 min. wait, and that's extending a ways beyond the bridge! That CM was definitely 'off'!

Were there on April 16 and walked right in at 10:45 (about a 30min. wait, line was there at 10am, then was gone a little later). When we came out at 12noon it looked to be about 30min tops. We have been there 3 times and never waited beyond 25 min. (that wait was end of Nov.).

If you pick your times and don't eat right at lunch hour, it is usually no problem during the week days. We cancelled our dinner ressie after enjoying lunch so much!
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:00 PM   #32
benji2012
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Mouse View Post

That is very misleading on the hour and half wait for lunch unless it was a holiday. The line would have had to be stretched way down the walkway! We have gone on two 10 day trips since they opened and have never seen it beyond a 30-45 min. wait, and that's extending a ways beyond the bridge! That CM was definitely 'off'!

Were there on April 16 and walked right in at 10:45 (about a 30min. wait, line was there at 10am, then was gone a little later). When we came out at 12noon it looked to be about 30min tops. We have been there 3 times and never waited beyond 25 min. (that wait was end of Nov.).

If you pick your times and don't eat right at lunch hour, it is usually no problem during the week days. We cancelled our dinner ressie after enjoying lunch so much!
The line had crossed the bridge leading out of BOG, turned the corner heading towards the rest of Fantasyland..,maybe 3/4 of the way to Gaston's. it wasn't a holiday but MK was strangely crowded that day. I have no idea if it was misleading or not as we headed to Pinocchio's...though even that was a 15 minute wait.
benji2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2013, 01:56 PM   #33
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by benji2012 View Post
The line had crossed the bridge leading out of BOG, turned the corner heading towards the rest of Fantasyland..,maybe 3/4 of the way to Gaston's. it wasn't a holiday but MK was strangely crowded that day. I have no idea if it was misleading or not as we headed to Pinocchio's...though even that was a 15 minute wait.
Wasn't talking about your take on the time, 'but' the CM's We saw the line out nearly that far along the stone wall also, but it tends to be 'stragly' there whereas on the bridge they 'tighten' it up a little better. The day we waited for 25 min. we were just barely on the bridge so I 'know' the wait could not have been more than half of what the CM told you.

They're just 'eye balling' it and some are not good about 'eye balling' Week ends and holidays do tend to be much worse though, and I would never even try to get in for lunch then (in fact, we have never, will never, go to the parks on holidays).
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:04 PM   #34
dadofgoofy
Mouseketeer

It's tough

I booked at our 180+10 date, at 7am, and could only get one time for the entire week in October, and that was at 4:30. Didn't like it, but took it. I've checked back every day since to see if I could find a later time and have had no luck.
dadofgoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:12 PM   #35
DopeyDave
Earned one Ear, working on my second!

I just booked this morning for our 180+2 day (A Monday). Was trying for 7pm, but had to take 7:25. That was the only time it offered me.

First Disney Adventure: WaltDisneyWorld Preview Center - 1969 (I've been hooked ever since!)
Next Disney Adventure: Food & Wine Festival (Sep '14-BLT)
Previous Disney Adventures: Hilton Head Island Resort (May '12), DVC Member Cruise/Food & Wine (Sep/Oct '11), Viva Italia ABD (Sep '09) to name a few!

DopeyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:48 PM   #36
LMO429
DIS Veteran

I'm just throwing this out there and I have no solid evidence to back this up. But maybe I had better success because I booked the reservation through the old website..via this link....

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/reservations/dining/

LMO429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:59 PM   #37
danielleyoung0
Earning My Ears

I had a reservation the night of Princess Half Marathon this February (booked on my 180 + 10 date at 7 am, I think) and there were two groups who were able to get a walk-up. They were told there would be a 20-25 minute wait, but that's about the wait I had - with my reservation. So never hurts to try!
danielleyoung0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:19 PM   #38
xipetotec
DIS Veteran

I don't know, but for me I'll be booking at the 180 day mark. Not only do I want a very specific night, but we'll be NINETEEN PEOPLE! 7:00am 180 days out for me.

xipetotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:20 PM   #39
ellyn2000
DIS Veteran
Loves to go Pearl Diving in Japan

We had dinner there the 2nd night it was opened. Was very pleased that ADR's seemed to be running on time and we enjoyed a nice dinner without feeling rushed at all. Have ADR's for our upcoming Oct. trip. My entire family enjoyed it. We were in the Rose Room.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:23 PM   #40
ellyn2000
DIS Veteran
Loves to go Pearl Diving in Japan

Another thing....we are a party of 10, so they had to break us up into tables of 4/4/2 for this trip. That was ok with us. Go out back to the garden and see the statues after your meal.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: