Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 02:22 PM   #1
jlhill4444
Mouseketeer

Disney Soccer and GET Travel

My son is participating in Disney's soccer camp in June that has the English Premier Players that attend. Anyway, part of the agreement was if you live more than 100 miles away, you have to book your travel through a company GET Travel. Well, we are staying with friends and have annual passes, so there is no travel arrangements that need to be made. I have been contacted by GET travel explaining that I need to book travel through them. I replied that we don't need travel (hotel and tickets) because we are staying with friends. She wasn't happy but took the information and hung up. This was two months ago. I am now getting a voice recording from the travel company stating we need to book our room through them soon.

We have already paid for the camp ($300) and have received confirmation from Disney, but this outside agency keeps harassing us. Has anyone experienced this before or have any insight into this requirement or travel agency. I would really appreciate the help!

My family:

Me , DH , DS10 , DD9 and DD3
jlhill4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:18 PM   #2
DSNY4ever
I am going to keep hunting around
I will cross my fingers for both of us

I do know that this company runs nationwide Graduation party trips, the ones that send kids to Mexico for very wild vacations, foam parties etc. So I am surprised to see that Disney uses them. Sorry that is all I know, but good luck getting around it. I would check the paperwork you submitted and make sure you aren't committed to anything.

Disneyland at the Holidays, here we come!
DSNY4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:26 PM   #3
jlhill4444
Mouseketeer

I am also surprised Disney is associated with them after hearing this. The only thing the site stated was all travel (hotel) must be made through them, but I don't need hotel and the only ones they offer are at ASSp and CS and with my family if five we would not fit in one if those rooms. Mind you none of this has come from Disney, it stated this on the registration site that is doing the camp- Midwest Soccer. They took my money and confirmed payment, so I am not too worried. Just wanted to see if anyone had experienced this before?

My family:

Me , DH , DS10 , DD9 and DD3
jlhill4444 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
get travel, soccer

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: