Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 10:31 AM   #1
beachbumdlo72
Earning My Ears

Favorite disney memory!

I do and have always loved all things Disney but my favorite is my 13 yr old was was such a big 3yr old!
We had already visited Mk hearing how each ride was not scary ! And we get to Ak get on the dinasour ride and he's on the floor ! When he got older he wanted to know why he wasn't in the pic. I told because he was being brave and protecting the souvineers down below!
beachbumdlo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:48 PM   #2
PigletsPal2
Queen of the Realm

One of my favorite memories is seeing 40+ y.o. DD#1 burst into tears when her favorite princess paid special attention to her upon returning from a scheduled meet-and-greet

We were sitting in the little garden near the patisserie and the wine shop in Epcot when Aurora and her minders returned from a scheduled appearance in front of Chefs de Paris. As Aurora entered the garden area, DD caught sight of her, gasped, and said almost reverently "Aurora!" Aurora heard her and came over to her and said "Oh, hello. Have you come to see me? How nice of you to stop by" or words to that effect. DD promptly burst into tears and was rendered speechless (for the first time in her life!).

I tease DD from time to time about this, but she reminds me (correctly) that I'd have the same reaction if I met Cal Ripken, Jr. Nah, I'd probably faint!

Queen Colleen
PigletsPal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2013, 08:30 PM   #3
Fortuosity
That's me byword

Listening to Disney LPs.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:39 PM   #4
low-key
DIS Veteran

late at night when leaving Magic Kingdom I had my Daughter on my shoulder, she was so happy I could see it on her face, every little girl deserves to see Disney from the security of there daddys shoulder
Old 04-26-2013, 08:50 PM   #5
Mokat76
DisKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by low-key
late at night when leaving Magic Kingdom I had my Daughter on my shoulder, she was so happy I could see it on her face, every little girl deserves to see Disney from the security of there daddys shoulder
Awwwww. So sweet.
Mokat76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:01 PM   #6
superme80
DIS Veteran

My kids getting to meet Jake from the Neverland Pirates at California Adventures. DS #1 ran over and gave him a big hug. DS #2 hung back a little, jumped up and down and said, "Hi!!!!!!!! JAKE!" and then gave him a big hug. It was such a special moment.
DH-42 ME-34 DS #1-5 DS #2 3 DS #3 9 months old
superme80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:05 PM   #7
Emteach
DIS Veteran

There are so many but I would the top 3 are:

1) Watching my sister on her first trip at age 6 on the Winnie the Pooh ride, her eyes completely lit up (my mum was also in tears)

2) My brothers pure excitement when he realized in our planning (he at 6 was my mini Disney planner) that he could ride almost all the rides at Disney. He is pretty tiny for his age but had just hit 46 inches so was ecstatic.

3) My sisters experience at BBB at 12. My sister has a rare disorder called PCD with her lungs (similar in some aspects to Cystic Fibrosis) and our FGMIT was such an incredible woman. She had connections to CF and unbelievable knew what PCD was, her and my sister had conversations and by the end of the makeover we were all welling up.

WDW Polynesian (August 2012)
WDW All Star Movies (August 2006)
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort (December 1996)
WDW Off-Property (December 1992)

DDP Review
Party of 5: August 2012 Dining Review with the Queen of Chicken Nuggets (With Pics)
[URL="http://http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2998041&highlight=picky+eaters"]

Disney World - August 2012 - Trip Report
Picky Eaters, Sore Feet, Hurricanes...After 6 Yrs Nothing will get in our way!
Emteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:40 PM   #8
beachbumdlo72
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PigletsPal2 View Post
One of my favorite memories is seeing 40+ y.o. DD#1 burst into tears when her favorite princess paid special attention to her upon returning from a scheduled meet-and-greet

We were sitting in the little garden near the patisserie and the wine shop in Epcot when Aurora and her minders returned from a scheduled appearance in front of Chefs de Paris. As Aurora entered the garden area, DD caught sight of her, gasped, and said almost reverently "Aurora!" Aurora heard her and came over to her and said "Oh, hello. Have you come to see me? How nice of you to stop by" or words to that effect. DD promptly burst into tears and was rendered speechless (for the first time in her life!).

I tease DD from time to time about this, but she reminds me (correctly) that I'd have the same reaction if I met Cal Ripken, Jr. Nah, I'd probably faint!

Queen Colleen
Cal is awesome I word in Towson commons along time ago 20+ yrs and he used to bring his kids in to the movies! awesome Dad!
beachbumdlo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:44 PM   #9
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

Quote:
Originally Posted by low-key View Post
On your shoulders and you could see it on her face? Did you pass a mirror or are you a contortionist?
Old 04-26-2013, 09:47 PM   #10
low-key
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo4x4 View Post
On your shoulders and you could see it on her face? Did you pass a mirror or are you a contortionist?
Old 04-26-2013, 09:57 PM   #11
Cantw8
This is blasphemy. You all need to zip it now
..I'm scared..hold me...
You can run..
I think her signiture makes her butt look big
I do have a life ya know

My daughter at age 4 having breakfast with her hero...Winnie The Pooh. She looked at him like he was a filet mignon
Old 04-27-2013, 12:24 AM   #12
Julia M
DIS Veteran
not clever, not witty, but loyal!

I have so many, but will try to limit it....

Dd (now 18) was just 10 weeks at Disneyland. We met Snow White on Main Street and she picked up dd and held her. The picture is precious.

Another involving dd.....at 6 we went on a tour at MK. Can't remember what it was called, but Captain Hook had stolen something. We ended up in a private garden area with a personal meet and greet with some characters. Everyone pushed to the front. I told my three kids to wait nicely and that everyone would have a turn. Dd was anxious, because Prince Charming was there. Well, everyone who pushed ahead left the garden and our kids got their autographs and photos. But the tour wasn't over.....the characters took us to a ride in Fantasyland but virtually everyone was gone. Dd skipped to the ride, holding Prince Charmings hand and rode the ride with him. She was entranced.

And my all time favorite......we took oldest ds at 15 months. His favorite ride......the tram in the parking lot!!!
August 2004:Vistana & Marriott's Grand Vista.....Hurricane Charley.....what an experience for West Coasters!
Christmas at Disneyworld, 2005: Polynesian
July 2008: Cypress Point Grand villas & Hilton Grand Vacation Club....sharing Disneyworld with friends
January 2010: Boardwalk Villas for a Disney wedding....
February 2010: Saratoga Springs...TWIRLMANIA!!
July 2010: Beach Club Villas & Marriott Imperial Palms
July 2013: a day in Orlando.....what to do????
Julia M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:10 AM   #13
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

~Oh...the Carousel of Progress! "It's a great big beautiful tomorrow" As a little girl it was my favorite. We use to clap to the song as it moved to the next scene. I loved looking at the dog and the girl growing up I found some great videos on YOUTUBE!

~And the people mover. My brothers and I did this ride over and over and my parents never minded because they got to sit.

~"America the Beautiful" the old version of "Soarin Over America" that they have now at Calif. Adventure. I would just turn around and around in absolute awwww. My parents loved it because it was air conditioned.

~Now, my DD14's favorite is "Soarin Over America". She loves the scents that comes out, especially over the lemon groves She loves that I sometimes have to close my eyes like a baby (I'm always surprised when the jets fly over). But I ride it over and over for her.
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western

Last edited by PizzieDuster; 04-27-2013 at 04:21 AM.
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:35 AM   #14
kellyg403
She changes friends like she changes underwear
NEVER GO INTO THE BOWELS OF HELL aka teenager bedroom WITHOUT TURNING ON THE LIGHTS

There are so many!

I would have to say though my favorite moment was with gdd 5 at the time. We were having dinner at 1900 Park Fare. She could not wait to meet Cinderella. When Cinderella came to the table, my gdd was speechless. When she finally did find words, she said "Can I see your glass slippers". Cinderella pushed a foot out from under her dress to show her. The picture is my all time favorite. The look on gdd's face was PRICELESS. Loved that trip with her!

This year we are taking the next two grands that turn 5. One is a boy and one is a girl. I was talking with dh last night about sometimes breaking apart to do things as I wasn't sure if my grandson would be interested in some girly adventures. Dh said no, he didn't want to miss anything. Like the time with Cinderella and other gdd. I never knew it was his favorite moment too!

Kelly
Old 04-27-2013, 03:52 PM   #15
Mokat76
DisKat

It was early December, my birthday actually, and I was on a solo trip. I was having dinner at Cali Grill at the Contemporary and lucked out with a window table since it was kind of early. I was facing the castle in MK and as the sun set all the beautiful Christmas lights came on. I'd never seen the castle like that before and it brought tears to my eyes. What a great birthday surprise!
Mokat76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: