Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2013, 10:53 PM   #676
jabead
DIS Veteran

Jen (jenifferf00) was not at Magic Kingdom today but instead at the "other" Kingdom, where they had lunch at...

Here's what she had...

"Ribs and chicken combo with baked beans and cole slaw. Very good. My DH had the Pulled Pork Sandwich (no pic) and really liked it. The girls had hot dogs and loved those too. Kids meals do not come with fries here, so I was able to get them to eat carrots and grapes!"

2 April Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and menu pics

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - #3
- and - APRIL 2014 REVIEW - My Solo Birthday Trip

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:18 PM   #677
jabead
DIS Veteran

We also had a new reporter arrive at Disney World this afternoon, Chris (dvc4life), and she and her family had lunch at POR's...

Riverside Mill

Chris said, "Hi Barb. Made it to the world around 1:00. And we were all starving. Our first meal was at Riverside Mill.
And we all enjoyed it."

"Here is DH's Bacon Cheeseburger and fries. He enjoyed it."

"Here is one daughter's Make your own Pasta. I believe she had penne pasta with pesto chicken and I can't remember what else. She let me try it and it was very good."

"My youngest daughter had the Pulled Pork Sandwich with fries. One of her favorite sandwiches to eat."

"And finally mine. I had the Make your own Pasta with fettuccine shrimp, red pepper, broccoli, and spinach with Alfredo. It was very good. It stayed hot the whole way eating it."

"We would definitely eat there again."

2 April Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and menu pics

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2013, 11:28 PM   #678
jabead
DIS Veteran

Next we have this update from Jen (jenifferf00).

She said, "Dinner tonight was at 'Ohana, which was wonderful. The only picture I got was of this baby"...

Lapu Lapu

"It was yummy! Only problem with it was the kids kept wanting to try it."

1 April Game Point Earned

Old 05-22-2013, 11:40 PM   #679
AvasMommy526
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TARAMEOW View Post
Love the BOG pictures I can't wait to try it! Just curious about the FP for lunch, how does that work?
I hadn't heard anything about them doing that until we got to the ME check in desk and she handed me that little card! I had to follow the instructions go online, type in my reservation number, pick a day and then it gave me 2 available time slots for lunch (15min intervals). Then we picked all our food, desserts, and drinks online for each of us! When we got to BOG there was a looooong line but we went up to a little booth we were directed to, gave them the card and we went down the left side right into the restaurant (just like a fastpass line for rides) then they asked for our room key for payment (according to the card, this is only invitation testing for resort guests) sent us into the restaurant and told us to pick a table and place the yellow flower on it and they would find us! There seemed to be a little hiccup with finding our order but we never had to ask they came up to us asking how long we'd been waiting, and our food was there within minutes of that! It was great, I definitely think they should implement this! And it's so beautiful, next to us was a young woman who was dressed in a Snow White shirt and bow and honestly she should have been one of the princesses and she was just in awe of everything. I went up to her when we were leaving and told her how happy it makes me to see people so happy and appreciative of how amazing Disney really is, it's truly magical! Sorry for the long winded response lol, I was really excited about that Fastpass

AvasMommy526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:44 PM   #680
jabead
DIS Veteran

However, smsraven has you covered Jen, because she also had dinner tonight at...

She said, "We started off with the Welcome Bread...

"DS and I dislike coconut, so we didn't care for the bread."

"Next was the salad...

"It was ok. I'm the only one that ate any."

"Then came the pork dumplings and chicken wings...

"Very good!"

"Next up, the lo mein noodles and veggies...

"The chicken...

"The steak...

...and Shrimp were all great."

"We didn't like the pork...

"The bread pudding...

2 April Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for sign

Old 05-22-2013, 11:52 PM   #681
TARAMEOW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvasMommy526 View Post
I hadn't heard anything about them doing that until we got to the ME check in desk and she handed me that little card! I had to follow the instructions go online, type in my reservation number, pick a day and then it gave me 2 available time slots for lunch (15min intervals). Then we picked all our food, desserts, and drinks online for each of us! When we got to BOG there was a looooong line but we went up to a little booth we were directed to, gave them the card and we went down the left side right into the restaurant (just like a fastpass line for rides) then they asked for our room key for payment (according to the card, this is only invitation testing for resort guests) sent us into the restaurant and told us to pick a table and place the yellow flower on it and they would find us! There seemed to be a little hiccup with finding our order but we never had to ask they came up to us asking how long we'd been waiting, and our food was there within minutes of that! It was great, I definitely think they should implement this! And it's so beautiful, next to us was a young woman who was dressed in a Snow White shirt and bow and honestly she should have been one of the princesses and she was just in awe of everything. I went up to her when we were leaving and told her how happy it makes me to see people so happy and appreciative of how amazing Disney really is, it's truly magical! Sorry for the long winded response lol, I was really excited about that Fastpass

Wow that's so neat! Glad you had this magical experience ! It would be really neat if they had this option for everybody enjoy the rest of your trip...and the food

TARAMEOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:04 AM   #682
jabead
DIS Veteran

I still have a couple of dinner updates (Boatwright's and Flying Fish Cafe) from our live reporters, as well as several more from Gabrielle (gabzee) but it's time for me to call it a night. So good night folks and I'll see you tomorrow!

Old 05-23-2013, 06:52 AM   #683
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlovesC View Post
Let me join in and say WTG VICKI!!
Thank you, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallWorld71 View Post
I'll have a glass of sangria - white - for the toast, please! Congrats!
I think I will be making some white sangria this weekend to celebrate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
Next we have this update from Jen (jenifferf00).

She said, "Dinner tonight was at 'Ohana, which was wonderful. The only picture I got was of this baby"...

Lapu Lapu

"It was yummy! Only problem with it was the kids kept wanting to try it."

1 April Game Point Earned
This is one Disney drink that I have actually never tried. I may have to rectify that in the near future!

Great updates last night, Barb!
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:06 AM   #684
SwirlyGirly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
Yes, we definitely need more July reporters! Thanks so much for volunteering. I will probably have you send updates from Universal too, if you don't mind. I'll get you added to the July list right away and I'll be in touch by PM sometime in late June with my info for sending your updates. Thanks again!
I'd love to include Universal too. They have great restaurants
SwirlyGirly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:25 AM   #685
Ginamarie
DIS Veteran

If anyone else doesn't like their Ohana coconut bread, please feel free to send it here! I love that bread. I still havent tried the lapu lapu either, but I've wanted to for a long time.
1980, 1987, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1997, 2003 (Ft Wilderness); Honeymoon 2002 (POFQ/Disney Magic), Sept 2003 (Disneyland!), Nov 2004 (CBR/Disney Magic), Dec. 2004 (Poly/CS), Aug 2005 (Disneyland), Oct/Nov 2005 (Pop), Olivia's 1st trip Dec 2006 (POFQ); Mom and Baby Trip, Oct 2007 (Pop); Pop/Disney Magic WB PC 5-10-08; Sal's First Trip Apr/May 2009 (POFQ); Big Family Trip Jan 2010 (POFQ); WL/Disney Magic EB TA Repo-4-10-10; Wine and Dine Half Marathon Oct 2010 (POR); Disney Wonder Alaska 6-21-11;Baby Owen's First Trip Aug 2011 (Ft Wilderness/BCV); ASSP May 2012; POFQ/YC Free Dining for our 10th Anniversary Sept 2012; Sisters Weekend Feb. 2013; Family Trip- Kidani Village/Freedom of the Seas Aug 2013; Surprised the kids- Pop Century July 2014; Disney Magic WB TA, Sept 2014 Coming soon: DSis's Disney Wedding Sept 2015- Old Key West

Ginamarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:29 AM   #686
jabead
DIS Veteran

Let's begin today with Chris' (dvc4life) update from their dinner last night at...

"The very dry and hard cornbread...

"This was my Jambalaya. It was very good and not too spicy. The sausage was really good in it."

Jambalaya - a Creole recipe with Spiced Chicken Thighs, Andouille Sausage, Shrimp, Rice, and Vegetables

"Youngest daughter had just a salad and didn't like it. The dressing was not very good. So I shared mine with her and she really liked mine."

Romaine Salad - Romaine, Parmigiano-Reggiano Croutons and Prosciutto served with our House Dressing

"My DH and oldest daughter had the prime rib and loved it."

Slow-roasted Prime Rib with Horseradish Mashed Potatoes and Red Wine Demi-glace

"Our family birthday cake. We all have birthdays this month so we got a cake. It was good. They also sang us happy birthday. Such fun. It really is the simple things anymore."

And then an update from the lounge at Port Orleans Riverside...

River Roost

"Now time for a glass of wine and Yee Haw Bob."

Yehaa Bob Jackson

Note from jabead: For anyone interested, I think Bob performs at the River Roost lounge at POR on Wed. - Sat. evenings from 8:30 p.m. - 11:45 p.m. Please let me know if that info is not accurate.

6 April Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for sign, menu, cake, and Yehaa Bob pics

Old 05-23-2013, 10:15 AM   #687
jabead
DIS Veteran

One more update which was sent last night, this one from 1coolnini.

She and 1coolpapa had dinner last night on the Boardwalk at the...

"For dinner tonight we ate at Flying Fish. Quick walk from our room at the Beach Club. We were about 10 minutes early for our 7:20 reservation and we were seated immediately."

"We both ordered the Pinot Noir wine flight."

The bread...

"They happily split our Caesar salad onto two plates. This is my portion...

1/2 share of Caesar Salad - Hearts of Romaine Leaves, Roasted Garlic Dressing, Parmigiano-Montegrappa Frico, and Pesto-Ciabatta Croutons

"Loved the baked Parmesan crisp. There was more dressing than I like, but it was good."

Then for their entrees, 1coolnini had the "Surf and Surf"...

Pan-roasted Pesto-glazed Epcot Striped Bass and Lemon Myrtle-scented Gulf Shrimp, served with Spring Garden Vegetable Fricassee, Roasted Pine Nut and Herb-laced Exotic Wild Rice, Sun-dried Tomato Coulis, and Meyer Lemon-Basil Oil

"It was wonderful. I especially enjoyed the bed of veggies, pine nuts, and exotic rice that it was served on. Excellent!"

1coolpapa chose this for his entree...

Signature Flying Fish Cafe Entree Duo: NY Strip Steak & Red Snapper
Char-crusted Angus NY Strip Steak (with Fingerling Potatoes, Hericot Vert, young carrots, and Bermuda onions with Classic Sauce Foyot) and Potato-wrapped Red Snapper over a rich Leek Fondue with a Veal Glace de Viande, Red Wine-Cassis Butter reduction

"He said it was excellent and I believe him because he cleaned his plate."

Then on to dessert...

"For dessert, I had the Seasonal House-made Sorbets with Fresh Berries and a Crisp Tuile."

"Now this is 3 tiny scoops of sorbet topped with berries. I absolutely loved this. Light and refreshing but packed with flavor. One of the sorbets was a tropical blend of pineapple and passion fruit...to die for!"

"1coolpapa had the Bread Pudding...

Caramel-Chocolate-Brioche Bread Pudding with Vanilla-praline gelato, spicy pecan brittle, and a cinnamon Anglaise sauce

"He liked it and finished his plate. He did give me a bite, but I am just not a bread pudding fan. Besides, I was in love with my dessert!"

"Final note on Flying Fish...don't overlook this signature restaurant. Food and service were excellent. However, we did notice that the restaurant was very noisy. I am assuming it was because of the design of the restaurant ceiling, but I'm not sure."

5 April Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for sign and menu pics

Old 05-23-2013, 12:10 PM   #688
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Flying Fish was NOT on my radar but 1coolnini's entree looks wonderful!!!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:32 PM   #689
Ginamarie
DIS Veteran

DH keeps asking why we haven't tried Flying Fish yet. I think we're going to have to squeeze that in soon
1980, 1987, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1997, 2003 (Ft Wilderness); Honeymoon 2002 (POFQ/Disney Magic), Sept 2003 (Disneyland!), Nov 2004 (CBR/Disney Magic), Dec. 2004 (Poly/CS), Aug 2005 (Disneyland), Oct/Nov 2005 (Pop), Olivia's 1st trip Dec 2006 (POFQ); Mom and Baby Trip, Oct 2007 (Pop); Pop/Disney Magic WB PC 5-10-08; Sal's First Trip Apr/May 2009 (POFQ); Big Family Trip Jan 2010 (POFQ); WL/Disney Magic EB TA Repo-4-10-10; Wine and Dine Half Marathon Oct 2010 (POR); Disney Wonder Alaska 6-21-11;Baby Owen's First Trip Aug 2011 (Ft Wilderness/BCV); ASSP May 2012; POFQ/YC Free Dining for our 10th Anniversary Sept 2012; Sisters Weekend Feb. 2013; Family Trip- Kidani Village/Freedom of the Seas Aug 2013; Surprised the kids- Pop Century July 2014; Disney Magic WB TA, Sept 2014 Coming soon: DSis's Disney Wedding Sept 2015- Old Key West

Ginamarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:18 PM   #690
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Great FF review, still on my bucket list.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: