Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2013, 08:49 AM   #361
Eureka
DIS Veteran

First of all, LOVE that pic of the little pirate eating a sundae
And that chocolate coconut cupcake looks awesome! The rest of my family doesn't like coconut so much so I would be "forced" to eat it myself
Eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:14 AM   #362
jabead
DIS Veteran

And then Jill sent us a great review from their day (she met up with Jim & Lee Ann) of sampling many of the offerings from Epcot's...

Flower & Garden Festival Booths

Jill said, "First stop was France where we tried the La Vie en Rose slushie. Yum! We also tried the Verrine Charlotte....carmelized peaches with rosemary and light vanilla cream. It was really good."

"Next up on the F&G tour was Morocco where we tried 2 dishes and 1 drink. We had the spiced lamb kabob with vegetable couscous salad. The lamb was really good with a slight kick. The couscous was served cold."

"For dessert we tried Baghrir which is a pancake with honey, almonds and Argan oil. This was really good with a hint of sweet from the honey and lots of almonds."

"We washed it down with a Desert Rose (sparking wine with pomegranate liqueur.) It was light and tasty."

"Up next was Japan which had a lot of choices. We started with the Yakisoba Pan which were yakisoba noodles and veggies on a soft white bun. Loved the noodles but didn't eat the bun."

"We also tried the Frushi fruit sushi. It was fresh and light. Different but very good."

"Last up was the Green tea flan. Very light tea taste...really delicious and refreshing."

"Next up on the F&G food tour was the Smokehouse in America. We tried both the pulled pork and the brisket. Now, I have to qualify that all of us are from the Kansas City area and we are BBQ snobs. Both the pork and the brisket were quite good and were being smoked right on the premise."

"The Rocky Road brownie was amazing! Very chocolatey and rich...We all thought it needed more nuts but a home run for sure!"

"We traveled on to Italy where we tried the panna cotta, a bellini, and the strawberry rossini. The pana cotta was delicious. Very creamy and lemony...I would definitely have another one. The drinks were really good but very pricey for the size of the pours."

"On to the Farmer's Market in Germany for the Savory Bread pudding and the potato pancake with applesauce. The bread pudding was very rich. I didn't care for it but others in my party thought it was good. The potato pancake just wasn't what any of us were expecting. It was good but I wouldn't get it again."

"We moved on to Lotus House in China and tried the Spring pancake with grilled chicken and green apple. This was really good with lots of chicken. We also tried the pan fried Vegetable Bun. This one was ok but wasn't my favorite. We ended with the Candied Strawberries. Our berries were HUGE but really good. The candy coating included sesame seeds and was tasty but hard to eat."

"After looking at the beautiful orchids in Mexico, we stopped for a Tacos de Carnitas and Rosita Margarita from Jardin de Fiestas. The taco was quite small but had a good amount of pork. It was pretty good. The Rosita margarita tasted like a rose would taste. Glad I tried it but a little too floral for my tastes."

"We were getting full by now so only tried the Angel Food Cake with macerated Florida berries at the Florida Fresh booth. This was really good. There was a lot of carmelization on the cake and the berries were all strawberries."

"Last stop for the day was the Pineapple Promenade for a Dole Whip with spiced rum. The Dole Whip was much better once the rum was mixed in."

23 April Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for menus and orchids pics

Ok, that's all for today folks. Need to go pick up the flowers for the wedding. Check back (probably tomorrow evening) for more updates.

Have a great weekend and Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #364
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Barb thanks for sneaking in some updates. I agree with Linda -- it all looks delish!

The polar patio option sounds like their take on "cabana" amenities. Sound like a great option.

And PB&J uncrustables at the Poly CL - I LOVE those!!!

Happy Mother's Day to you as well!

Last edited by emmysmommy; 05-11-2013 at 02:55 PM.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:53 PM   #365
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuffedwFluff View Post
They may have changed the "goo" in the YSH cheese plate. It was pickled blueberries and it went so well with the cheese that it was parred with.
Good to know!! Thanks for sharing that update!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:39 PM   #366
daisymomof4
Mouseketeer

Every time I see "F&G" in this thread I have to remind myself it's not "Food and Garden" lol.

The Polar Patio looks fantastic! I might have to look in to one for October
daisymomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:56 PM   #367
cab0ad
DIS Veteran

looks yummy! how long do the flower and garden food booths last? I am going the end of this month. hope it is still there!

cab0ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:25 PM   #368
Ginamarie
DIS Veteran

Well there you guys are- back and better than ever!!
1980, 1987, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1997, 2003 (Ft Wilderness); Honeymoon 2002 (POFQ/Disney Magic), Sept 2003 (Disneyland!), Nov 2004 (CBR/Disney Magic), Dec. 2004 (Poly/CS), Aug 2005 (Disneyland), Oct/Nov 2005 (Pop), Olivia's 1st trip Dec 2006 (POFQ); Mom and Baby Trip, Oct 2007 (Pop); Pop/Disney Magic WB PC 5-10-08; Sal's First Trip Apr/May 2009 (POFQ); Big Family Trip Jan 2010 (POFQ); WL/Disney Magic EB TA Repo-4-10-10; Wine and Dine Half Marathon Oct 2010 (POR); Disney Wonder Alaska 6-21-11;Baby Owen's First Trip Aug 2011 (Ft Wilderness/BCV); ASSP May 2012; POFQ/YC Free Dining for our 10th Anniversary Sept 2012; Sisters Weekend Feb. 2013; Family Trip- Kidani Village/Freedom of the Seas Aug 2013; Surprised the kids- Pop Century July 2014 Coming soon: Disney Magic WB TA, Sept 2014; DSis's Disney Wedding Sept 2015

Ginamarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:46 PM   #369
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

I really hope the food booths stay with F&G; everyone seems to be enjoying it and I plan to go next May. lol
Old 05-12-2013, 07:30 AM   #370
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
I really hope the food booths stay with F&G; everyone seems to be enjoying it and I plan to go next May. lol
I was at a special TIW event last night and chatted with Marianne Hunnel who is in charge of the F&G Food and the F&W festival and she said that the food booths would be back next year. She said that they wanted the focus to be on spring and not to be a copy of the F&W booths. I told her that I thought they had captured that perfectly.

Jill in CO
Old 05-12-2013, 08:13 AM   #371
BlovesC
home is where the Yeti is!
When the ride attendants ask me to tug on the yellow strap on my seatbelt, I never do it. I just stare at them in defiance

Location: Originally Jersey Shore, now Central FL (hopefully not for much longer)

Just wanted to say HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!! to Barb and Brenda and all the wonderful moms who frequent this thread.
BlovesC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:48 AM   #372
RyMacJ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Oh my gosh we have got some great updates the past couple of days.

Does anyone know where that pink Cinderella dress is?? I need to see that!
Its in Castle Couture--right behind the castle, where we went to have our BBB photoshoot. They also have Sleeping Beauty's dress, and it changes from pink to blue!!

Offisite April 1987**Treehouse Villas June 1993**Offsite July 1998**POFQ (DisneyMoon) May 2007**AoA Nemo Suite May 2013

Planning for June or July 2015 at CBR!

Me DH DD6 DD5
RyMacJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:10 PM   #373
jabead
DIS Veteran

Hello everyone, I'm back! Let's catch up, shall we?

The last update which I posted yesterday was Jill's (jedijill) update sent to us on Friday from her afternoon at the F & G Fest booths. She had some help from Jim (jimnlahaze) and Lee Ann with sampling the many food and beverage items which were included in her update. Following their tour around the F & G booths on Thursday, they got a take-out dinner from...

Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie

Jim said, "Hey Barb, We're still here, yesterday we filled our Garden Passport eating at all the booths around the World Showcase with our friend Jill. We let her take all the pics. We did buy dinner on the way out in France at Boulangerie Patisserie and split the Ham and Cheese Baguette and the Quiche Lorraine in our room."

5 April Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for helping Jill + 1 Bonus for beautiful Epcot pic

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
Old 05-12-2013, 06:32 PM   #374
jabead
DIS Veteran

The next update was from Jill's dinner on Thursday night at the Yacht Club's...

Yachtsman Steakhouse

Jill said, "After looking at the Aging room, I ordered a Caesar Salad. Not your traditional Caesar, it was served with 2 romaine halves and coppa secca. Nice twist on a traditional salad."

Caesar Salad with Crisp Romaine, Parmigiano, Coppa Secco, and Focaccia Croutons

"I enjoyed one of the pull apart Onion rolls. These are so good and I could make a meal of them!"

"Next up was the dry aged ribeye. I subbed the potatoes gratin for the marrow. The steak was cooked perfectly and the potatoes were cheesy and delicious."

16 oz. Boneless Ribeye with Gruyere Potato Gratin

And for dessert...

"I tried to save room for dessert and tried the Peanut Gianduja cake. This was much like a very rich candy bar with layers of chocolate and caramel and pretzels. It was served with a salted caramel gelato. Very rich and delicious!"

3 April Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for menu pics

Old 05-12-2013, 06:55 PM   #375
jabead
DIS Veteran

Then the last update sent to us on Friday was from Jim (jimnlahaze) & Lee Ann's lunch at the...

Hollywood Brown Derby

Jim said, "Today we had lunch at the Hollywood Brown Derby. Lee Ann had the Brie, Midnight Moon, and Prosciutto Cake appetizer and I had the Cobb Salad appetizer."

Brie, Midnight Moon and Prosciutto Cake with Tete de Moine Petals, and an olive-roasted vegetable salad

Our Famous Cobb Salad - with finely chopped greens, turkey breast, egg, bacon, tomatoes, crumbled bleu cheese, avocado, chives and Cobb dressing

"For our entrees Lee Ann had the Charred-glazed Filet of Beef, she substituted broccoli for the green beans and ate every bit of it."

"I had the Roasted Breast of Chicken stuffed with Sweet Pepper."

Free-range Ashley Farms Roasted Breast of Chicken - stuffed with sweet pepper, chorizo, and smoked cheddar cheese over a celery root puree, coriander-dusted jumbo asparagus and a roasted red pepper sauce

"For dessert Lee Ann had the Banana-white chocolate Toffee Tower and I had the Warm Seasonal Cobbler, the seasonal fruits were mixed berries (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries) and a coffee."

Banana White Chocolate Toffee Tower on Cocoa-Almond Cookie and Bananas Foster

"We had excellent service from Dennis and our meal was very good. A nice relaxing meal on a warm day."

3 April Game Points Earned

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: