Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2013, 10:31 PM   #2926
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
Just a reminder that next up to the Disney Dining Plate is...

GrandCalifornian

GrandCalifornian will be at Disney World from 9/6 - 9/15 and has volunteered to do live updates for us!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP, GrandCalifornian!!!
Thank you! We can't wait. We don't arrive until tomorrow night, but there will be a resort QS dinner to report on.
GrandCalifornian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:49 PM   #2927
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdave10000 View Post
There are booths across from bar. They are big and I am pretty sure they would hold six.
Fantastic, thank you!

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04
jenjersnap is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2013, 10:54 PM   #2928
jabead
DIS Veteran

Our First Update of the Day was sent to us this morning by emmebear.

She said, "Here is my update from our pre-park opening breakfast on Monday at..."

First a few (pre-opening) park pics...

"It was very chaotic when we arrived at CRT. We had an ADR for 8:20 and arrived at 8:30. We were told that Cinderella went to tea and would return for a picture after our meal."

"So up we went..."

"They had a birthday placemat waiting for me."

"The princesses were already making their rounds before the CM could get our drink order. I was feeling very rushed and very unhappy."

"Selfie with Aurora and the magic mirror."

"Despite being rushed, the smile on her face made it worthwhile."

"Asian Ariel"

"Now with the princesses out of the way, it was time to eat."

"They got rid of that hard cold biscuit and replaced it with a Mickey blueberry muffin. Emme loved it!"

"I ordered ..."

Lobster & Crab Crepe

"This is my favorite entree at CRT. There was a heaping mound of more crab and lobster this time. The egg was soft poached perfectly and oozed out beautifully. I love an oozy yolk! The spinach had a nice garlic flavor. Yummy."

"Lots of crab meat."

"Emme had French toast sticks, strawberries and a blueberry muffin." (no pic)

"My birthday cupcake that Emme claimed as her own."

"It was a madhouse downstairs."

"This Cinderella must be good at her job, as she's always there."

"After breakfast, we were unleashed into Fantasyland and ran into some friends."

"Overall, it was a very rushed and chaotic meal at CRT. My last experience was bad but not this bad. I always tell myself I'm not returning and then I see a pre-park opening ADR and I book. At least my breakfast was tasty and Emme got to see the princesses. We also got a head start at Magic Kingdom, so that was an advantage."

3 September Game Points Earned + 10 Bonus Points for sign, menu, pics of emmebear & Emme with princesses, misc. pics, and First Update of the Day

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:04 PM   #2929
MaineDisneyDad
Earning My Ears

Hi just checking in, we head out on our road trip tomorrow and will start reporting in on Monday. there will be seven of us this trip, DW, DD5, DS3, DD2, Myself, DMom and my great aunt. we are staying for two weeks the first week is off site and the second week we are at CBR. The first week will be a bit on the slow side for our reports but the second week we have the DxDP with a lot of character meals planned. my DW and I have a few Date Nights planned. cant wait to get down there.

DW(25) ME(29) DD(5) DS(3) DD(2) Tala

ASMo - Sept 2012
Off-site - Sept 2011

MaineDisneyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:45 PM   #2930
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

We are leaving tomorrow!!! So excited! Will go to Universal- IOA Sat and check into Poly CL on Sun!
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:05 AM   #2931
Ohanamoma
Earning My Ears

CRT Question

emmebear: Glad to see the CRT Breakfast report. I have a pre-park open ADR on the 2nd day of out trip. Can you give us any advice? Our ADR is at 8:15. How early would you get to MK gate? Also do you have any ideas why the meal felt rushed? Thanks for any input.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:20 AM   #2932
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohanamoma View Post
emmebear: Glad to see the CRT Breakfast report. I have a pre-park open ADR on the 2nd day of out trip. Can you give us any advice? Our ADR is at 8:15. How early would you get to MK gate? Also do you have any ideas why the meal felt rushed? Thanks for any input.

hello.

i have a love/hate relationship with CRT. for the most part, i've gotten great service and awesome character interactions at CRT. unfortunately, my last 2 visits were subpar. i don't know why i even went back but i know it's something my daughter enjoys.

you can't enter the park before 8am so i would get there at 8am. then you can take your empty park pictures, walk down an empty main street and get to your ADR by 8:15.

you are seated in sections according to time. we were sat in a section that already had princesses rotating. by the time we sat down & before our drink order was taken, we had snow white and aurora breathing down our necks. a few minutes later, ariel and jasmine stopped by. our character interaction lasted about 15 minutes total.

we were out and done with the meal in about 35 minutes. we were the last table to leave in our section and i felt everyone staring at me, wanting me to leave. the quicker the table is turned, the more guests they can seat.

i actually asked for a table by the window as we were seated in a dark corner, but they told me i would have to go downstairs, re-check in and then wait 30 minutes. that's pretty silly and stupid actually.

this was probably the worst CRT experience i have had. my daughter loved the characters but i mean 35 minutes for an $90 meal is pretty ridiculous. normally, our meals there are pretty leisurely and FUN. my daughter didn't even get to eat the frosting of my birthday cupcake as i felt like they wanted me to leave. when the CM stops coming to your table, i think it's time to leave.

also, we had to get our picture taken after our meal. it was so disorganized and chaotic. the photopass people had no idea what to do with those that needed their picture taken after the meal. even cinderella was annoyed and grabbed my autograph book out of my hand and signed it while i waited to see what to do.

but like i said, we've eaten there 6 times total, 2 of which had sub-par service and character experiences. i hope this doesn't discourage you as eating in the castle is a unique experience and i'm sure you will love your experience!

i've just had 2 bad ones and probably not going back again.....or until i see another pre-park adr.
emmebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:01 AM   #2933
sephorachick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
We are leaving tomorrow!!! So excited! Will go to Universal- IOA Sat and check into Poly CL on Sun!
have fun!!! Email me when u get back

Me: Husband: Pacey Minnie Vicky Ginger

Check out my Disney blog!
www.yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Today's entry is on Via Napoli Review & pics!

Facebook page for my Disney blog! Please "LIKE"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yohoyo...99050306822131
sephorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:23 AM   #2934
jabead
DIS Veteran

Just a reminder that next up to the Disney Dining Plate are...

bluejasmine

- and -

Howgreat

bluejasmine will be at US on 9/7 and then Disney World from 9/8 - 9/15 and has volunteered to do live updates for us!

Howgreat will be at Disney World from 9/7 - 9/13 and has also volunteered to do live updates for us!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP, bluejasmine & Howgreat!!!

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
Old 09-06-2013, 09:47 AM   #2935
jabead
DIS Veteran

We had 5 reporters send in 10 updates yesterday, and sadly for two of them it was their final ones. Last night I posted our first one of the day (sent to us by emmebear), so let's proceed with our second update from anniebean.

She and Geoff had dinner Wednesday night at Magic Kingdom's...

"She said, "Late last night, after Wishes, we ate at Be Our Guest. It was wonderful! Sat next to the window where it was snowing."

"Geoff ordered the French onion soup...

...and bought the goblet with lemonade."

"It tasted like lemonade-y sweet tea."

"Bread basket (better than CRT's)."

"I had a glass of yummy Riesling.

"Geoff had the Cabernet Sauvignon."

"I finished his too."

"Geoff had the chicken breast...

...and I had the layered ratatouille."

"I had the lemon tart for dessert."

"Geoff had the lemon raspberry cream puff."

"Both were delicious."

2 September Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign and misc. pics

Old 09-06-2013, 10:17 AM   #2936
Roma
Mouseketeer

Reading this thread is making me so hungry for some Disney food!
Old 09-06-2013, 10:47 AM   #2937
jabead
DIS Veteran

Next in yesterday was our final update from Kim (Kimmy2Disney).

She said, "Our last meal from our short trip was Sunday lunch at Hollywood Brown Derby."

"Another 1st for us and we LOVED this meal! We were sad that in all our trips we haven't before made a visit here - but will now become regulars!!!"

DH and I both had the app size Cobb salad, and we both thought it was the perfect size and delicious!

"Our Famous Cobb Salad" with Fine Chopped Greens, Turkey Breast, Bacon, Egg, Tomatoes, Crumbled Blue Cheese, Avocado, Chives, and Cobb Dressing

"For entrees mom and I both had the chicken sandwich from the lunch menu. Chicken was moist and tasted so fresh! All of the toppings were so complimentary too.. It was wonderful!!"

Andouille-crusted Chicken Breast with Smoked Bacon, White Cheddar, and tossed Arugula on an Onion Kaiser Roll served with Vegetable Slaw

"DH had that crazy wagyu burger with the egg on top, which I never understand , but he loved it. Again, all of the toppings worked together in harmony!"

Grilled Wagyu Beef Burger with Gruyere Cheese, Pastrami, Heirloom Tomato, Avocado and a fried Egg on a Toasted Brioche with Cognac Mustard Aioli and House-made Fries

"DD just had a kids dessert yogurt parfait as her meal and then shared some fries."

"We were all stuffed but decided to share a piece of grapefruit cake for dessert. It was underwhelming, but still good cake - we thought it would be more grapefruitty."

"Typically we aren't fans of Hollywood Studios, but today was a great day and we did everything we wanted to do by the time we were done with lunch. It was fantastic, and dare I say partially due to FP+!!!"

"Thanks for letting me share a few updates from our short visit. I can barely wait to be back for 10 nights starting 10/31.. Free dining, both the Halloween and Xmas parties, Food and Wine Fest, and trying business class at CSR... Yippeeee! Xoxo til next time!"

5 September Game Points Earned + 6 Bonus Points for sign, menus, pic of Kim & DD, and misc. pic

Old 09-06-2013, 10:52 AM   #2938
Ohanamoma
Earning My Ears

Wink Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmebear View Post
hello.

i have a love/hate relationship with CRT. for the most part, i've gotten great service and awesome character interactions at CRT. unfortunately, my last 2 visits were subpar. i don't know why i even went back but i know it's something my daughter enjoys.

you can't enter the park before 8am so i would get there at 8am. then you can take your empty park pictures, walk down an empty main street and get to your ADR by 8:15.

you are seated in sections according to time. we were sat in a section that already had princesses rotating. by the time we sat down & before our drink order was taken, we had snow white and aurora breathing down our necks. a few minutes later, ariel and jasmine stopped by. our character interaction lasted about 15 minutes total.

we were out and done with the meal in about 35 minutes. we were the last table to leave in our section and i felt everyone staring at me, wanting me to leave. the quicker the table is turned, the more guests they can seat.

i actually asked for a table by the window as we were seated in a dark corner, but they told me i would have to go downstairs, re-check in and then wait 30 minutes. that's pretty silly and stupid actually.

this was probably the worst CRT experience i have had. my daughter loved the characters but i mean 35 minutes for an $90 meal is pretty ridiculous. normally, our meals there are pretty leisurely and FUN. my daughter didn't even get to eat the frosting of my birthday cupcake as i felt like they wanted me to leave. when the CM stops coming to your table, i think it's time to leave.

also, we had to get our picture taken after our meal. it was so disorganized and chaotic. the photopass people had no idea what to do with those that needed their picture taken after the meal. even cinderella was annoyed and grabbed my autograph book out of my hand and signed it while i waited to see what to do.

but like i said, we've eaten there 6 times total, 2 of which had sub-par service and character experiences. i hope this doesn't discourage you as eating in the castle is a unique experience and i'm sure you will love your experience!

i've just had 2 bad ones and probably not going back again.....or until i see another pre-park adr.
Thanks That was all good info! Yeah I was thinking that spending that much on a meal is something I don’t usually do but my MIL reminded me we would be in the ambiance of the castle. So I am super excited I will take all your tips & put them to good use. We are going for my DD 5th birthday as a surprise and I can’t wait to see my girls will react to being in the castle and they have a jasmine and belle costume, does belle do the breakfast? I will probably be in tears that my lil baby is 5 that I won’t even be hungry. So we’ll see. Thanks for all the help, can’t wait to report about or experience on the 30th
Old 09-06-2013, 10:54 AM   #2939
jabead
DIS Veteran

And since that was Kim's final update, it's now time to say...

Thanks so much for being a Live Reporter...Good Job!!!

Kimmy2Disney's Total Aug./Sept. Game Points Earned = 42

Old 09-06-2013, 12:30 PM   #2940
jabead
DIS Veteran

Next we received anniebean's update from their lunch yesterday at Magic Kingdom's...

She said, "I had a veggie burger, diet Coke, and chocolate cake."

"I'm extremely picky about veggie burgers and try to avoid them since I am so picky, but this one was surprisingly good...especially with the toppings bar to load it up."

"Geoff got a BBQ sandwich with fries and a root beer slush in a souvenir boot."

"He gave it to me and said he was giving me "the boot"."

3 September Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and boot pic

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: