Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 09:23 PM   #151
jabead
DIS Veteran

Next we have auntfrannie's dinner update from the Dolphin Resort's..

Fran said, "I started with a Serenity cocktail: Cucumber vodka, St. Germain elderflower liqueur, muddled strawberries, basil, rosemary and a splash of lime and pineapple juice. This was sooo smooth! It went down way too easily! Very refreshing and not overly sweet."

"With that gone, I tried a Zooberry, their signature drink. Blueberry infused vodka, fresh lemon juice and rock candy syrup. They use the blueberry skins so it has some tartness to it. Nice but I enjoyed the Serenity better."

"Here's is their bread basket. I wish I could remember what was in there....three different breads. I know one was a parmesan crisp (the big thing sticking up), a focaccia and I can't remember what the other one was."

"I started with the Teppan seared Jumbo Sea Scallops with braised beef short rib and pureed cauliflower. Delicious! I love seared scallops and these were very good!"

"For my entree I went with their Simply Fish, which tonight was halibut. I had it prepared with fresh crabmeat in a mustard dijon sauce. It was served with a small salad and a heart of palm (in the upper corner). I don't know if I've ever had halibut before but I enjoyed this. It was a white, flaky fish and the dijon sauce was wonderful."

"For dessert I tried the Banoffee pie. Banana and vanilla cream, shortbread toffee, vanilla whipped cream and banana ice cream. This was light dessert. I love banana and this didn't disappoint."

5 April Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for sign pic

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:25 AM   #152
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
Some interesting menu changes. Thanks for sharing them with us here! Sad to hear though that you have no trips planned in the near future.
It's alright - that's why I love checking threads like these whenever I get the chance.

Just read a few updates, and I'm really impressed with the Boardwalk Bakery expansion! That salted caramel ganache sounds incredible, and I'd love to try the lobster roll or oak-grilled salmon sandwich without the bacon. BW Bakery has always been a good spot for cupcakes and other desserts, but they've really outdone themselves.

It was also great seeing an updated Jiko menu. Some of their newer dishes sound really good to me (Zanzibar fish stew, West African jerked scallops, and the tagine chicken).

Bluezoo also looks great, especially the Serenity cocktail. It's so weird to think that my next WDW trip (whenever it is) will include alcohol, so now I have to start paying attention to the drink reviews. (The avocado margarita is already on my list, since so many of you have recommended it ).
DonaldDoleWhip is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2013, 07:30 AM   #153
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
It's alright - that's why I love checking threads like these whenever I get the chance.

Just read a few updates, and I'm really impressed with the Boardwalk Bakery expansion! That salted caramel ganache sounds incredible, and I'd love to try the lobster roll or oak-grilled salmon sandwich without the bacon. BW Bakery has always been a good spot for cupcakes and other desserts, but they've really outdone themselves.

It was also great seeing an updated Jiko menu. Some of their newer dishes sound really good to me (Zanzibar fish stew, West African jerked scallops, and the tagine chicken).

Bluezoo also looks great, especially the Serenity cocktail. It's so weird to think that my next WDW trip (whenever it is) will include alcohol, so now I have to start paying attention to the drink reviews. (The avocado margarita is already on my list, since so many of you have recommended it ).
I for one would 100% recommend the avocado margarita!

I agree, Blue Zoo looks really great - must get round to trying it one day
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:07 AM   #154
jabead
DIS Veteran

Just a reminder that next up to the Disney Dining Plate is...

podsnel

podsnel will be at Disney World from 5/2 - 5/6 and has volunteered to do live updates for us!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP, Ellen !!!

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
Old 05-01-2013, 08:26 AM   #155
jabead
DIS Veteran

We have already received our First Update of the Day from Jessica (FancyNancy).

This morning they had this breakfast snack from...

Riverside Mill

Jessica said, "I had a cheese danish and it was so good!"

"April had a double chocolate muffin. She loves these!"

1 April Game Point Earned + 1 Bonus Point for First Update of the Day

Old 05-01-2013, 02:57 PM   #156
nicole0992
I was born on Mickey's birthday!

All these wonderful updates but the one I am craving most right now is the cheese danish! It looks so good.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:01 PM   #157
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

DS and have just decided tonight that we will try a cheese danish on our next trip (once I managed to persuade him the filling wasn't cheddar )
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:39 PM   #158
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole0992 View Post
All these wonderful updates but the one I am craving most right now is the cheese danish! It looks so good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
DS and have just decided tonight that we will try a cheese danish on our next trip (once I managed to persuade him the filling wasn't cheddar )

Oh, count me in for a cheese danish too...hold the cheddar!

Old 05-01-2013, 08:02 PM   #159
jabead
DIS Veteran

We received a couple of updates today from Krista (aladdinsgirl).

The first one is from their lunch at Magic Kingdom's...

Here's what they had...

Barbecue Chicken Flatbread

Caprese Flatbread

Krista said, "Stephen and I both loved the flatbreads. Much better than typical WDW pizza. I'd read on a few reviews that the toppings were sparse and didn't reach to the crust. We both felt like there were plenty of toppings. I liked the Caprese slightly better, only because I like the flavor combination. Also, I hate tomatoes and I could easily get them off without losing the mozzarella cheese."

Chicken Nuggets (Adult Portion), Apple Slices, & Breadsticks

"Carter wanted chicken nuggets and the kids menu doesn't have nuggets. The breadsticks were only okay, nothing special. The marinara sauce was really sweet."

3 April Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign and misc. pics

Old 05-01-2013, 08:13 PM   #160
jabead
DIS Veteran

And then Krista sent a snack update from the Wilderness Lodge's...

Roaring Fork

Sugar Cookie

"Really soft, Carter said, "very sugar-y!"

S'mores Cupcake

"This was good, but different. The cake is graham cracker, it had a good flavor. The cake wasn't very moist, but it wasn't dry either. Very dense, but it didn't taste heavy. Hard to explain! The only bad part was we brought it back to the room and I forgot a fork, it was too big and I couldn't get my mouth around it. I had to eat it in sections."

1 April Game Point Earned

Old 05-01-2013, 08:32 PM   #161
erinscreen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole0992 View Post
I am going to have to agree--that looks incredible!!
Old 05-01-2013, 09:03 PM   #162
jabead
DIS Veteran

And guess where auntfrannie went for dinner tonight?

Victoria & Albert's

She said, "Tonight was Victoria & Albert's. What an experience! I'm not even going to try to describe the individual courses because 1) I couldn't possibly do them justice and 2) I would run out of superlatives. However, I will give you the description provided on the menu. Sorry for the poor quality photos. Let me just say the entire meal was absolutely incredible!"

"I started with a vodka martini. Nothing special but I'm not a wine drinker and I really don't care for sweet cocktails."

"The amuse bouche consisted of three bite-size tastes from the sea. Starting on the left, crab roulade with Siberian Osetra caviar, salmon cube cooked three ways, and verrine of avocado, crab and tomato gelee."

"

"This was followed by the first of three bread services. This one was a baguette with unsalted butter."

"The cold appetizer course was Masago Crusted Gulf Shrimp with Ponzu Vinaigrette."

"The hot appetizer was a Diver Scallop with Zellwood Corn Ragout."

"Bread course 2 was a brioche with spring herbs and a butter with the same spring herbs."

"This was followed by Long Island Duck Breast and Sausage with Roasted Cauliflower."

"The last bread service was a multigrain with salted butter."

"For the entree, I had Australian Kobe-Style Beef Tenderloin with Smoked Garlic-Potato Puree."

"Then a cheese course with Gouda Reypenaer XO, Parmigiano Reggiano, Sottocenere Al Tartufo, and Colston Bassett Stilton."

"Celebes Coffee"

"For dessert, I had the Grand Marnier Souffle."

"After all that food they brought out yet another treat! This was a trio of bite-size morsels. From the left, there's a pineapple jelly, an almond & raspberry tart, and a dark chocolate candy filled with rum!"

5 April Game Points Earned

Last edited by jabead; 05-02-2013 at 11:12 AM.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:50 PM   #163
gabzee
DIS Veteran

Hi Barb! I just wanted to thank you for all of the effort that you put into this thread! I absolutely love it and so glad to see that there is a part 2!

I know that it is close to our departure time but I would love to do live updates during our trip (5/5-5/11) if that would be possible. I know it is short notice but I would love to since this thread has been so helpful.

gabzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:56 PM   #164
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabzee View Post
Hi Barb! I just wanted to thank you for all of the effort that you put into this thread! I absolutely love it and so glad to see that there is a part 2!

I know that it is close to our departure time but I would love to do live updates during our trip (5/5-5/11) if that would be possible. I know it is short notice but I would love to since this thread has been so helpful.

Of course, I'll send you a PM with my info.

Old 05-02-2013, 04:13 PM   #165
VillianDiva
Falling in LOVE with Disney!

I am so glad I found the new thread! I cannot wait for my trip in December to hopefully do a live report. I absolutely LOVE this thread. It keeps me in the Disney spirit every day!

'08 (Dolphin) , '09 (All-Star Music),
Disneyland 2011, and 2012 (POP)!

December 2013! (POFQ)
May 2014! POP!!
VillianDiva is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: