Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2013, 09:40 AM   #1576
jabead
DIS Veteran

Sorry folks but that's all I have time to post this morning. I still have about dozen more updates sent to us last night, so check back later today for more great updates.

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:11 AM   #1577
Wendydagny
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
Next Rachel sent an update from their dinner last night at Epcot's...

"All we asked for was pretzel bread..."

"I liked the maple sugar addition to the butter."

Seared Scallops with English Peas, Red Onion Marmalade, Carrot Puree, Pea Tendrils, and Smoked Bacon Snow

"I ordered the scallops appetizer. I really have never had scallops before. I liked them but not my favorite seafood. I loved the bacon snow on top. The carrot purée was great too."

"Corey ordered the strip steak with potato wedges. Loved the steak but didn't care for the potatoes."

"I had the filet of course. I loved the filet and risotto but didn't like the pickled onions. They didn't go with the steak at all.
Also the truffle butter sauce seemed different, maybe thicker."

"For my dessert I ordered the Coconut three ways."

Coconut Gelee, Macaroons, and Coconut Gelato with Candied Marcona Almonds and Chili-laced Chocolate

"This was one of the weirdest things I have ever had. The coconut gelato was awesome, the macaroons were just ok. I didn't realize that the coconut gelee was going to be the main thing. It was this tofu texture type long thing that tasted like fresh coconut just hardened up. It was so weird I couldn't wrap my head around it. It wasn't bad but I wouldn't get it again."

3 July Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for sign pic
Rachel, the reason the coconut gelee tasted like the texture of tofu, is that it actually WAS tofu. I almost ordered this when we were at Le Cellier last week, and our waiter steered me away from it because of this. He basically said it was tofu with a side of coconut.
Wendydagny is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2013, 12:40 PM   #1578
jabead
DIS Veteran

Time to post a few updates before this afternoon's activities, so let's begin with Couchy's updates from yesterday.

Starring Rolls Cafe

She said, "Finally remembered to take a pic of our morning snack. Two double espressos and a cinnamon roll. Yum. DH arranged the snack in a Mickey Head for the pic."

Then for lunch they were back at their resort to have dine poolside at...

Hurricane Hanna's Bar

Here's what they had this time...

Pulled Pork Sliders with Cider and Apple Slaw

Grilled Chicken Breast Sandwich with Four-Cheese Blend , Tomato, Avocado and Arugula

"Pork again for Wil and chicken sandwich once again for me. Can't go wrong and we spend a lot of time at the pool."

Sea Salt Fries

"We also had a side of fries. I really enjoy this chicken and avocado sandwich and Wil loves the pork slider. This place is a hit."

"We also had Hendricks...both of us."

6 July Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for Wil's photo arrangement

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
Old 07-07-2013, 12:55 PM   #1579
jabead
DIS Veteran

Then for dinner last night, Couchy and her DH went to the Dolphin's...

Bluezoo

Here's what they had there...

"We started with Hendricks martinis."

"Then we had the special appetizer, which was Crab and Slab. This was an awesome crab cake with slabs of sashimi tuna on top. This was the best app ever."

"For his entree, Wil had Pork Collar and truffle fries..."

"He is raving about this meal. He loved loved loved it!"

"I had the Simply Fish with crab sauce..."

"The fish I chose was mahi mahi. This was amazing. So very good."

"We ordered coffee as well as dessert. The coffee was very good."

"We had truffles for dessert and oh my goodness they were delicious!"

"Bluezoo is one of my favs. CA Grill is my fav but this is second."

5 July Game Points Earned

Old 07-07-2013, 01:07 PM   #1580
jabead
DIS Veteran

You may recall that Rachel (rachel09985) & Corey met up with emmebear & Emme for lunch yesterday.

Here is Rachel's update from their lunch at Animal Kingdom's...

First a menu pic...

Here is what they chose from the buffet...

And for dessert...

Rachel said, "I loved the rice with curry chicken and the salmon! Everything was good except the meat was a little fatty."

5 July Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and menu pics

Old 07-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #1581
jabead
DIS Veteran

Rachel also reported on a couple of snacks she had yesterday while at Animal Kingdom.

The first was a beverage snack from...

Frozen Chai Latte

"This was delicious for about half of it. Then I started feeling a little sick as milky things in the heat probably aren't the best idea even if it is frozen."

"Also got the jalapeño cheese pretzel. Awesome as usual!"

2 July Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for sign

Old 07-07-2013, 01:18 PM   #1582
jabead
DIS Veteran

Just a reminder that next up to the Disney Dining Plate is...

stitchaholic

stitchaholic will be in Orlando from 7/8 - 7/16 and will be spending 3 days at Universal plus will be eating at some non-park Disney restaurants. She has volunteered again to do live updates for us!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP, stitchaholic!!!

Old 07-07-2013, 05:12 PM   #1583
SmallWorld71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
Then for dinner last night, Couchy and her DH went to the Dolphin's...

Bluezoo

Here's what they had there...

"We started with Hendricks martinis."

"Then we had the special appetizer, which was Crab and Slab. This was an awesome crab cake with slabs of sashimi tuna on top. This was the best app ever."

"For his entree, Wil had Pork Collar and truffle fries..."

"He is raving about this meal. He loved loved loved it!"

"I had the Simply Fish with crab sauce..."

"The fish I chose was mahi mahi. This was amazing. So very good."

"We ordered coffee as well as dessert. The coffee was very good."

"We had truffles for dessert and oh my goodness they were delicious!"

"Bluezoo is one of my favs. CA Grill is my fav but this is second."

Couchy - Just curious. What is in the glass in the middle of the truffle dessert?

SmallWorld71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:19 PM   #1584
jabead
DIS Veteran

Next we have DonaldDoleWhip's update from the...

Contemporary CL Lounge

He said, "Here are the Atrium Club breakfast offerings:"

Croissants (regular and multigrain)

Cereal

Steel-Cut Oatmeal

Oatmeal toppings, including dried pineapple, banana chips, and brown sugar

"Before heading off to my morning destination, I prepared a bowl of oatmeal and fruit plate for my mom."

"I enjoyed some strawberries, grapes, and a multigrain croissant. The croissant was interesting - it had a slight crunch and nutty flavor."

Old 07-07-2013, 05:38 PM   #1585
lhuggi1
There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow Starting At The End of Every Day...

love love love this thread!

1999 - Best Western Orange Blossom Trail - WDW, 2001 - Quality Inn - I-Drive - WDW, 2004 - Caribbean Beach
2007 - Coronado Springs
, 2008 - La Quinta I-Drive - WDW
2009 - Coronado Springs, 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter
2011 - Coronado Springs, 2012 - Disney's Swan & Dolphin, 2012 - Pop Century
2013 - Pop Century, 2013 - UPCOMING Coronado Springs Free DP

boo'd by valenrandy!
lhuggi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:04 PM   #1586
jabead
DIS Veteran

Our next updates were sent to us by dreamangelx.

First we have Uncle Boo...

"Enjoying some nice refreshing coconut water."

Then we have an update from their dinner last night at...

"Uncle Boo had escargot and said it was delicious."

"My son, mother and I had the salad for starters. While my son liked it I prefer my dressing on the side...it had entirely too much dressing."

"DH had French onion soup and said it was absolutely delicious."

"DD had the hamburger and only ate the bun and fries."

"DS had chicken tenders and liked it."

Vegetable lasagna zucchini, eggplant, bell peppers, onions and tomato baked into thin layers of pasta

"I had the vegetable lasagna and though it looks heavy it was actually nice and light...I liked it a lot."

Beef short ribs braised in Cabernet with pasta, pearl onions and mushrooms

"Uncle Boo had short ribs...he hated this."

Sauteed scallops and shrimp served with gnocchis provencales

"My mother had shrimp and scallops and thought it was really good."

Duck Breast and leg confit with cherries and sweet potatoes puree

"DH had the duck and said it was he best thing on the menu."

Strawberry cake with red berry sauce and sorbet

"For dessert DH had strawberry cake and said it was just good."

"Some of us had profiteroles and it was ok I thought, it was nothing special."

"DS had the sorbet of day, which was berry and mango, and enjoyed it."

"DD had a cookie and enjoyed it but could not finish it."

"We picked these up in Mexico..."

"The package says its hot and salted tamarind flavored candy. This got mixed reviews... My dad loved it but my son hated it. It tastes like salted pepper flavored fruit snacks and I wasn't a fan."

"And neither was Boo."

5 July Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for name pic and pics of Boo and DMom

Old 07-07-2013, 06:52 PM   #1587
jabead
DIS Veteran

Next in last night were some updates from keypooh90.

First one was from their dinner last night at the Art of Animation resort.

"My mom had the surf and surf burger with marinated cole slaw and chocolate gelato for dessert."

"My mom said "The best burger on site. The cole slaw is different, fresh and crispy. The gelato is delicious and creamy."

"I had the butter chicken with basmati rice, naan bread, and sides of acorn squash and spinach with paneer cheese and torrone (honey almond) gelato."

She said, "This tastes like Boma, which I love. The naan was perfectly cooked, the butter chicken was tender with a good spice, and the squash tasted like thanksgiving. The spinach was cooked perfectly but needed a little salt. "

"The torrone gelato is my favorite. I love the honey-almond combination."

"Then my mom and I had drinks Port Orleans Riverside.

River Roost Lounge

"She had the Godiva flight which was white chocolate, caramel, and original with infused strawberry. She loved all three but thought the white chocolate was the best."

"I had the strawberry julep. This was refreshing, delicious and super strong! Perfect for a hot summer day."

"Then for snack we shared two snack orders of macaroni and cheese from Sassagoula. We love this macaroni and cheese! It is super creamy and was a great snack!"

4 July Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for signs, menu, and pics of keypooh

Old 07-07-2013, 07:20 PM   #1588
jabead
DIS Veteran

Then we received this cool update from DonaldDoleWhip.

He said, "This update isn't food-related at all, but there aren't a lot of water park pics around so I wanted to share these!"

"I arrived at Blizzard Beach about 10 minutes before it opened. This gave me just enough time to rent a locker, apply some sunscreen, and join the crowd for rope drop."

"Summit Plummet is the second-tallest and fastest free fall slide in the world. I love it, and I got to ride it twice before a line started building up."

"There are lots of other slides in the park, but most of them are much milder. There's something for everyone here (including areas for toddlers and big kids/tweens)."

"In comparison to Typhoon Lagoon's wave pool (which unleashes a massive wave every 90 seconds), the waves in Meltaway Bay are constant but gentler."

"Blizzard Beach definitely has my approval!"

"After riding Summit Plummet twice, chilling in Meltaway Bay, and taking these pictures, I left the park and headed to Typhoon Lagoon."

"Blizzard Beach has taller and faster slides, but Typhoon Lagoon has its own major draws. The wave pool here is a destination in itself, and I spent a good amount of time in it."

"Off in the distance is Mount Mayday, along with the three enclosed speed slides of Humunga Kowabunga."

"Humunga Kowabunga's drop is only five stories (compared to Summit Plummet's 120 feet), but this ride is more thrilling to me because it's in the dark."

Shark Reef

Castaway Creek

"Another star attraction at Typhoon Lagoon is Crush n' Gusher."

"Located in Hideaway Bay, this water coaster has an amazing theme. It's an abandoned fruit processing factory!"

"There are three different slides - Pineapple Plunger, Coconut Crusher, and Banana Blaster. Last time I was here, the slide that allows single riders (Coconut Crusher) was down, but this time it was working so I got to ride it again!"

"Bonus pic from Blizzard Beach - I've got my eye on that gator..."

10 Bonus Points for Water Park Reviews and pics of DDW

Old 07-07-2013, 07:33 PM   #1589
jabead
DIS Veteran

Then after his water park adventures on Friday morning, DonaldDoleWhip had lunch with his mom at the Contemporary's...

He said, "My most recent meals here have been great, but my mom's last experience here was a disappointing lunch two years ago. I was hoping this meal would show her what The Wave is truly capable of."

"Here's the full menu:"

"If I were still eating beef, I'd definitely order the build-your-own burger!"

"We both decided to start with the Summer Salad (Watermelon, Arugula, Feta, Pero Farms Peppers, and Blood Orange Vinaigrette)."

"Just before we started eating, someone arrived at the table with some bacon, which was apparently supposed to be on top of the salad. We had no idea there was bacon on the salad in the first place (we wouldn't have wanted it), so this went untouched."

"As for the salad, it was quite good, with the sweet watermelon and salty feta pairing well. That said, this salad was less interesting than last year's summer salad, and there was a bit too much dressing. Normally we both ask for dressing on the side to avoid this problem, but it had slipped our mind here."

"For my main, I chose another appetizer - the Sustainable Fish Tacos with Avocado Gelato. I really liked these over winter break and enjoyed them again. This time, they had a slight coconut flavor, and the avocado gelato was still amazingly creamy."

"My mom got an entrée she's had before - the Mediterranean Tuna Salad. This was actually the highlight of our lunch here two years ago, but unfortunately it disappointed her this time. She felt that the greens were "drenched" in dressing. I had some and agreed."

"The Wave can be hit-or-miss for us, and unfortunately this was more of a miss."

10 July Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and menu pics

Old 07-07-2013, 07:48 PM   #1590
jabead
DIS Veteran

And now for our final (and 32nd ) update sent yesterday, we have Rachel (rachel09985) & Corey's three-part update from Downtown Disney.

Rachel said, "We did a split dinner again tonight. I had..."

"Went with the chicken Alfredo with peas and bacon. This was satisfying and hit the spot."

"Corey went to...

"And had the chicken tenders with fries."

"Then we went to..."

"And had the peanut butter hot fudge sundae."

"Corey said the sundae was silly good. Haha. It was delicious. I love their hot fudge."

6 July Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for signs and menu

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: