Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 09:52 AM   #136
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvasMommy526 View Post
Hi Barb

I got your pm and am beyond excited for our trip and to send some live updates! I already informed my fiancé that he has to wait for me to snap some pics before he can eat, and he agreed, which means he must be excited too because he does not play around when it comes to his food!

We are eating at a lot of the more popular places: O'hana, Kona, CRT, Chef Mickeys, Crystal Palace (DD 2nd birthday breakfast!!),Via Napoli, H&V, Sci Fi, Y&Y, Le Cellier, Boma. Not too mention all the snacks and drinks I have on my list! And 6 days into our trip (the 27th) we are getting married and having a small private cocktail hour, dinner and wedding cake at BiCE! I can't wait!

Thank you again for keeping this thread going, it's so fun and really helps pass the non Disney time!

Yay, your wedding & trip are almost here Nicole! I remember when you volunteered for May way back when I was first getting the live thread going. To be honest, I really didn't think there was any way that the thread would still be going in May. I guess I was wrong. Well, actually in a way I was right because the original thread is closed now.

Oh, and your plans sound great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchaholic View Post
Jabead , glad to see the universal updates , I can volunteer to do some live updates , we will be in Orlando from July 8th-16th ,3 days at Universal , Seaworld , Aquatica , Discovery cove , we will be staying at Hard Rock and then Sheraton Vistana at Lake Buena Vista , right next to my beloved mouse , my DD does not want to go to Disney , and I am not sure we would have the time anyways , but we will be heading out to some of our favorite disney restaurants , some universal restaurants , joe's crab shack and others

Well hello there, stitchaholic! It would be great to have you as a live reporter again. Definitely want the updates from Universal and the Disney restaurants! The rest will depend on how active the other reporters are that are at Disney World (or Disneyland) at that time. I give first priority to the Disney parks, then Universal & Disney cruise food. If time allows then I'll branch out to the other parks and misc. area restaurants. So I guess just check with me at that time and I'll let you know. Would that be okay?

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - #3
- and - APRIL 2014 REVIEW - My Solo Birthday Trip

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:10 AM   #137
jabead
DIS Veteran

Our First Update of the Day was sent to us this morning by auntfrannie.

And it is our first food review from the newly reopened...

Boardwalk Bakery

Fran said, "I walked over to the Boardwalk Bakery after dinner at the Yachtsman. I picked up a blackberry macaroon, a caramel chocolate ganache torte and a peanut butter, banana & bacon torte. DISCLAIMER: These were not all eaten at once nor were they all finished!"

Blackberry Macaroon

"The highlight of the blackberry macaroon was the little half-piece of blackberry sitting on top. The cream filling between the two meringues didn't taste much like blackberry to me. It just tasted sweet. Meringues don't have much flavor anyway and this one wasn't different. Not worth the calories."

Caramel Chocolate Ganache

"The caramel chocolate ganache was better. It had a creamy layer of caramel under the chocolate ganache. The torte was actually made of chocolate, formed to look like a torte."

Peanut Butter-Banana-Bacon Torte

"Last was the pb/banana/bacon torte. Like the caramel chocolate ganache torte, this was also in a chocolate base. I think this was the winner of the three. The first picture shows the torte whole but I also included a picture of it with a corner cut off so you can see the layer of peanut butter topped with a layer of the rich ganache. I only tasted the bacon on the first bite then all of the flavors seemed to meld together. The banana comes from the little yellow blob in the corner. It was a marshmallow consistency and really tasted like bananas. Not bad at all!"

5 April Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for First Update of the Day

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2013, 10:20 AM   #138
jabead
DIS Veteran

We've also received a couple of updates this morning from another reporter, diskam.

The first one was from their breakfast yesterday at Magic Kingdom's...

She said, "I had somehow missed the scale of the cinnamon rolls. Fortunately we saw someone else with their order and adjusted from two rolls to one. We couldn't finish even the one. It really was as big as her head."

Then for their lunch yesterday they headed to...

"Mals had the chicken nugget kid's meal and I had the grilled chicken sandwich. Both were ok. The fries were fresh and much better than I remember."

3 April Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for sign pics and pics of Mals

Old 04-30-2013, 11:32 AM   #139
stitchaholic
DIS Veteran

[/QUOTE] hello there, stitchaholic! It would be great to have you as a live reporter again. Definitely want the updates from Universal and the Disney restaurants! The rest will depend on how active the other reporters are that are at Disney World (or Disneyland) at that time. I give first priority to the Disney parks, then Universal & Disney cruise food. If time allows then I'll branch out to the other parks and misc. area restaurants. So I guess just check with me at that time and I'll let you know. Would that be okay?[/QUOTE]

excellent , I will send those to you when we finally leave to holiday , will have the 2 kids as well this time , so 4 plates each review
WLV-jan 2nd,2010 , AKL july 2011 , ASMo2012 , AKV 2012 , july 2013 Universal/SW/DC

Last edited by stitchaholic; 04-30-2013 at 11:52 AM.
stitchaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:33 PM   #140
wdwpirates
Don't lose ya soul cuz it's all ya got. - DH

Just finished catching up on the new thread! Awesome as always! Thanks for all of your hard work, Barb!

Our last WDW trip / live report was kibosh-ed due to sinus infections.....can't wait to get our second shot at Live Reporting in June!! Again, thanks Barb!!

wdwpirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:16 PM   #141
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Wow - every time I return to the Dis after a break, it seems like there's a major new development. This time, the live thread got relaunched and it's already at 10 pages! Thanks so much for keeping it going, Barb. I wish we had a trip coming up soon so I could share updates here, but that'll have to wait. Anyway, during my extended study break today, I've found some interesting food news on various sites.

First, Sanaa has some new dishes:

-Peri Peri Shrimp appetizer with avocado, pap, and apple slaw
-Kadhai Steamed Mussels with fennel-infused coconut sauce
-New "Slow Cooked in Gravy" Options (Bison Masala, and Sustainable Fish in Goan Curry)
-For lunch, the burger is now a Bison Burger
-Some dessert changes (such as Tanzanian Chocolate Mousse, Mango-Saffron Mousse, and a new dessert platter that serves 5 people)

Le Cellier has also made some menu tweaks. The most interesting change has to be with the poutine. There are now 3 different options!

-"Le Cellier" Poutine with Canadian Cheddar, Black Truffle, and Red Wine reduction
-Asian Pulled Pork Poutine with braised pork shoulder, spicy kimchi, and sriracha mayonnaise
-New Brunswick Lobster Poutine with butter poached lobster and Meyer lemon crème fraîche

The first time I had poutine at LC (for lunch) it was awful, but the dinner version with truffle salt and cheese curds was a huge improvement. It's nice to see them continuing in a creative and upscale direction (exactly what a signature should be doing, IMO) and they're still keeping some Canadian 'inspiration'.

There are probably more exciting menu changes to share, but these ones really caught my eye.
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:05 PM   #142
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
Wow - every time I return to the Dis after a break, it seems like there's a major new development. This time, the live thread got relaunched and it's already at 10 pages! Thanks so much for keeping it going, Barb. I wish we had a trip coming up soon so I could share updates here, but that'll have to wait. Anyway, during my extended study break today, I've found some interesting food news on various sites.

First, Sanaa has some new dishes:

-Peri Peri Shrimp appetizer with avocado, pap, and apple slaw
-Kadhai Steamed Mussels with fennel-infused coconut sauce
-New "Slow Cooked in Gravy" Options (Bison Masala, and Sustainable Fish in Goan Curry)
-For lunch, the burger is now a Bison Burger
-Some dessert changes (such as Tanzanian Chocolate Mousse, Mango-Saffron Mousse, and a new dessert platter that serves 5 people)

Le Cellier has also made some menu tweaks. The most interesting change has to be with the poutine. There are now 3 different options!

-"Le Cellier" Poutine with Canadian Cheddar, Black Truffle, and Red Wine reduction
-Asian Pulled Pork Poutine with braised pork shoulder, spicy kimchi, and sriracha mayonnaise
-New Brunswick Lobster Poutine with butter poached lobster and Meyer lemon crème fraîche

The first time I had poutine at LC (for lunch) it was awful, but the dinner version with truffle salt and cheese curds was a huge improvement. It's nice to see them continuing in a creative and upscale direction (exactly what a signature should be doing, IMO) and they're still keeping some Canadian 'inspiration'.

There are probably more exciting menu changes to share, but these ones really caught my eye.

Some interesting menu changes. Thanks for sharing them with us here! Sad to hear though that you have no trips planned in the near future.

Old 04-30-2013, 08:28 PM   #143
jabead
DIS Veteran

Let's begin this evening with a couple of updates sent to us by MRYPPNS.

The first one is a snack update from DHS'...

Starring Rolls Cafe

Cinnamon Bun

Red Velvet Cupcake

1 April Game Point Earned

Old 04-30-2013, 08:45 PM   #144
jabead
DIS Veteran

And the other update sent by MRYPPNS was from their lunch today at Animal Kingdom's...

Restaurantosaurus

Chicken Sandwich & Fries

"The chicken sandwich was tasty and moist."

3 April Game Points Earned

Old 04-30-2013, 08:53 PM   #145
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Yay boardwalk pics! I am so getting that bacon peanut butter thing

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:14 PM   #146
jabead
DIS Veteran

The next update in was from a new reporter who just arrived today at Disney World, Krista (aladdinsgirl).

"We just finished breakfast at Chef Mickey's.
Everything was really good, not sure if it was because we've been up since 3:30 a.m. or not!"

"My son's (Carter) plate. Mickey waffles, pancakes, watermelon, croissant, and cinnamon roll. Plate 'o carbs!!"

"My plate. I don't know the real names. DH made my plate for me, but bacon, eggs, quiche, breakfast potatoes, and biscuits & gravy."

"Cheese blintz with cherry topping, doughnut holes, and chocolate croissant."

Carter & Mickey

3 April Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for sign, interior, and Carter & Mickey pics

Old 04-30-2013, 09:33 PM   #147
jabead
DIS Veteran

Our next update was sent to us by Jessica (FancyNancy) from their lunch today at...

Be our Guest

"April and I getting ready to eat at Be our Guest."

"April had the Mickey Meatloaf with fries and a triple chocolate cupcake."

"Mom had the vegetable quiche with salad and a raspberry lemon cream puff."

"I had the braised pork with a lemon meringue cupcake. Everything was delicious!"

2 April Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for pic of Jessica & April

Old 04-30-2013, 09:47 PM   #148
jabead
DIS Veteran

Next we have some more updates from Krista (aladdinsgirl), starting with one from the Polynesian Resort's ...

Mai Tai (left) & Zombie (right) - a powerful blend of Myers dark rum, apricot brandy, fruit juices, a dash of grenadine and topped with Bacardi 151

"The view!!!"

1 April Game Point Earned + 4 Bonus Points for sign, menu, and view pics and new cocktail

Old 04-30-2013, 09:53 PM   #149
jabead
DIS Veteran

Then Krista sent a lunch update from...

Captain Cook's

"Aloha Pork Sandwich with homemade chips. Sooooo good!!"

"Dole whip. It goes without saying, excellent!!!"

3 April Game Points Earned

Old 04-30-2013, 10:02 PM   #150
jabead
DIS Veteran

And then last Krista sent a dinner update from...

Krista said, "Chef's Flatbread of the Day - Veggie Pesto. Haven't tried it yet, but it smells AMAZING!!!"

"Kids chicken nuggets with grapes and cookie. Looks disgusting, but Carter is happily eating it."

3 April Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign & menu pics

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: