Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 06:23 AM   #1
ChrisnKim913
DIS Veteran

Princess Fairytale Hall

So after watching the video yesterday Imagineers released of the Princess Fairytale Hall and The Seven dwarfs Mine Train I came across something that raised my brow. When The Princess Fairytale Hall opens, there will be 2 lines, one line to meet Cinderella and a Friend and the other to meet Rapunzel and a friend. The friends are said to be other Disney Princesses but Cinderella and Rapunzel are the ones being promoted. You also can only meet 2 at a time. After the first two, if you want to meet the other two you need to get in their line. My main question is, does Rapunzel really have a high demand? I understand Tangled has its fans, I just find it a little odd that she would be promoted and not a Snow White or Aurora. I am thinking they want to promote a "new" princess since she is current, I just think its a little strange. I still have a hard time accepting Rapunzel as a "Disney Princess" so that might have something to do with it. What do you guys think?
ChrisnKim913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:30 AM   #2
bauer1168
DIS Veteran

She has been very popular, her lines were she used to meet were very long, i'd say they were longer than Merida's lines.
MK has also been the only only were you can meet Rapunzel, as she isn't at any character buffets, I think she made the very rare appearance at CRT. The other princess' appear at multiple locations.
You may find her at EPCOT with new cms training, but that is a random occurence.
If that is how it will be set up with 2 different lines, it may be a strategy if grabbing a FP for one, then doing SB in the other if that is possible, or going straight there at RD for the shortest waits of the day
bauer1168 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2013, 06:42 AM   #3
ChrisnKim913
DIS Veteran

You know I didn't think about the fact she really can't be found anywhere else. That makes sense then if she isn't found anywhere else on property. I still think she should have a meet and greet by her bathroom area though.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:48 AM   #4
bauer1168
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisnKim913 View Post
You know I didn't think about the fact she really can't be found anywhere else. That makes sense then if she isn't found anywhere else on property. I still think she should have a meet and greet by her bathroom area though.
That would have been nice if she was there, inside the magic asked an imagineer why Rapunzel and Flynn won't be there which the imagineer simply stated Princess Fairytale Hall will be were all the royalty gathers.
I think (could be wrong), the Tangled restroom area section is there to help disperse crowds a bit from what wasn't a very wide area and would end up forming a bottleneck situation during the day. If Rapunzel was located in that area it may possibly have made the area more crowded.
I'm looking forward to it all either way!
bauer1168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:59 AM   #5
jmcghee2024
DIS Veteran

Any chance/rumors Merida will be one of the "friends"?
jmcghee2024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:01 AM   #6
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

We actually disliked Tangled and Rapunzel so this is really personally annoying for us. It seems ridiculous to have to line up twice for four Princesses. This is a similar concept to the Circus Meet and Greet.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:03 AM   #7
ktrask
Mouseketeer

Kind of a bummer about the two lines. Any word if you will be able to fast pass one line and wait in the other?
ktrask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:15 AM   #8
ChrisnKim913
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcghee2024 View Post
Any chance/rumors Merida will be one of the "friends"?
No word yet on Merida but I think its a safe bet if Rapunzel will be there, so will Merida. Just might not be every day, probably on a rotation.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:16 AM   #9
ChrisnKim913
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktrask View Post
Kind of a bummer about the two lines. Any word if you will be able to fast pass one line and wait in the other?
No word as of now on fastpass but i think it will
Old 04-26-2013, 07:22 AM   #10
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisnKim913 View Post
I understand Tangled has its fans, I just find it a little odd that she would be promoted and not a Snow White or Aurora.
Snow White has her main M&G in Germany at Epcot. While it's likely she'll continue to appear in MK (either at Town Square or in the Hall), she'll always be at Epcot.

Aurora was tested with a solo line last summer, her popularity was... well.. less than popular. Aurora is also available at Epcot, and even if that changes she is no where near at the same level of Rapunzel popularity.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:24 AM   #11
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post
Snow White has her main M&G in Germany at Epcot. While it's likely she'll continue to appear in MK (either at Town Square or in the Hall), she'll always be at Epcot.

Aurora was tested with a solo line last summer, her popularity was... well.. less than popular. Aurora is also available at Epcot, and even if that changes she is no where near at the same level of Rapunzel popularity.
Brenna, do you know if they will post who the second princess is at each location, or will that piece of it be princess roulette?
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:11 AM   #12
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Brenna, do you know if they will post who the second princess is at each location, or will that piece of it be princess roulette?
Roulette I'm afraid. Of course there will be standards that Guests will notice more frequently (just like Town Square), but they'll never be guaranteed.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:15 AM   #13
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Is Merida being removed from her current location when the new area opens? If so, any info on what will be put in her place?
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:19 AM   #14
pooh4evr
Mouseketeer
In STL we drink soda and eat barbecue, use realators, eat sherbert, and drive on rout farty far

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Is Merida being removed from her current location when the new area opens? If so, any info on what will be put in her place?
some speculate that she will be moved (I don't know where either the new hall or she could end up in Epcot , unlikely thought) and the characters from the new "Frozen" movie will be in the garden area. But who really knows!
Old 04-26-2013, 10:24 AM   #15
PrincessKida
Annual Passholder, Princess Lover, Wilderness Explorer

I doubt Merida will go into Fairytale Hall-She doesn't really fit the theming and I think where she currently is works, so why move her.

While it would be roulette I'd imagine the other 2 would end up being Aurora and Snow White/Jasmine for most of the time. Ariel has her own set meet in MK, same with Tiana. Can't see Mulan and Pocahontas going in. I say Jasmine since she currently "covers" for a missing Princess in Town Square so it would make sense if she pops up in there too.

The bigger question.. How will MNSSHP and MVMCP work with this new situation?

Visit My Personal Character Site/Blog: http://wdwcharacteradventures.weebly.com/
PrincessKida is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: