Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 05:13 AM   #1
Cariadbach
Mouseketeer

Im Confused!!! *UPDATE*

I rang DLP on Tues to make a payment and was told it had gone through to their security and they had to get the bank to authorise it.I have ring back today to make sure it went through only to be told the bank have declined it!I rang the bank but according to them they have authorised the payment and are waiting on Disney to take the money (are you confused yet!?)The money has gone from my account so what do i do?!Do Disney take a while to accept money?I cant afford to phone them back today to ask!!

Previous Trips
*Daytrip 1992* *DCR 1995*
*DCR 1998* *Cheyenne October 2003*
*NPB September 2004* *Cheyenne March 2012*
*Cheyenne September 2013*

Last edited by Cariadbach; 05-08-2013 at 06:15 AM.
Cariadbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:14 AM   #2
sky13
Mouseketeer

I've had something similar happen to me a few months ago (although this was with an online booking) - I'd done a booking online and entered all payment details, only to find out that the transaction was rejected, with no booking done but money put on hold on my debit card.

What I did when that happened:

- I first called Disneyland (I called the French number but used Skype so it was quite cheap to call) and spoke to a few people who told me that no booking was done (with my name for the hotel for the nights of stay), and that if the money had been put on hold it would be returned within the next couple of weeks.

- After a couple of days I started getting more worried, and emailed DLP.GUEST.COMMUNICATION@disney.com . They replied asking for some of my card details including a few numbers of my card (not the full 16 digits), then replied again saying "In order to enable our accounts department to send a fax to your bank to release the amount, please provide me with the name of your bank and their fax number."

- Not too long after I replied to that email (a couple of days at most) the money was released.

Hope this helps - it unfortunately seems to happen every now and again (there have been similar incidents that have happened to people on this forum).

Disneyland 1993 1995 2012 : Tokyo Disneyland 1996 : Walt Disney World 2001 : Disneyland Paris 2007 2008 2012 2013 : Hong Kong Disneyland 2010
sky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2013, 07:59 AM   #3
Lisa_C
Devoted FIANCÉE to Cap'njack.

I usually find that the money leaves the bank, then just sits there in lala land for about 7 days. THEN it shows up again saying Disney haven't claimed it, and it immediately disappears again, showing up at Disney's end.
Its quite normal for it to happen. Give it a few days and see if it appears again. Just don't spend it if it does ;-)

loving me a Pirate
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:05 AM   #4
Cariadbach
Mouseketeer

Thanks guys Its still not come back to my bank or been claimed by dlp so i might give them a ring again today and tell them to take my money!!!

Previous Trips
Old 04-30-2013, 05:58 AM   #5
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

What normally happens with any transaction be it Disney or shops, the money is taken from your account and held in a 3rd party account before moving across to the receivers account. This is why it take a while to show up and why it sometimes takes a while for people to receive refunds as it happens in reverse too.

Unfortunately you don't have the power to authorise Disney to take the money, its possible your bank has given permission but it is now in the clearing process. Its usually a good thing if it hasn't come back and your bank has said it has authorised it.

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:18 AM   #6
Cariadbach
Mouseketeer

Little update,went back to the Bank this morning as the money hasnt appeared in my account or shown up as being taken by Disney,and was told they have until tonight to claim it or it will come back to me!Anyone would think Disney dont want my money!

Previous Trips
Old 05-08-2013, 06:32 AM   #7
aliscrapper
DIS Veteran

We had exactly the same happen to us 2 years' back. Disney saying that there was no authorisation to take the money and the bank giving us the authorisation code that they said if we gave to Disney would mean they could take the money.

After about £30 worth of phonecalls to Disney and untold amount of stress; I cancelled our holiday with Disney and re-booked with my local travel agent.

I have since booked on-site last year and had no problems.

I feel your stress and really do hope you get it sorted out soon!
aliscrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:05 AM   #8
Cariadbach
Mouseketeer

Thanks,i have rung Disney and they have said they wont be claiming it so il have to ring back tomorrow and try again! Annoying to say the least!

Previous Trips
Old 05-08-2013, 07:30 AM   #9
aliscrapper
DIS Veteran

What a nightmare!!! I'll be willing Mickey to sprinkle some pixie dust so you get it sorted tomorrow!

When we had this happen we were asked to take part in a questionnaire about DLP when we were walking into the Studios; the woman who was conducting the survey was unimpressed with what had happened to us during the booking process and said they would contact us to follow up and make sure this didn't happen again. Suffice to say we never had anyone contat us!
aliscrapper is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: