Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 10:30 PM   #1
DisneyStarWisher
Love My DVC!!!

Charter Buses at Disney

Odd question...

Can a charter bus that has traveled from out-of-state with no Disney ties drop off and pick up at the parks? I know for MK it would be TTC, but I wondered if there is a place they can do this. Or are only Disney buses and Orlando-based companies allowed?
Old 04-26-2013, 03:39 AM   #2
joelkfla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStarWisher View Post
Odd question...

Can a charter bus that has traveled from out-of-state with no Disney ties drop off and pick up at the parks? I know for MK it would be TTC, but I wondered if there is a place they can do this. Or are only Disney buses and Orlando-based companies allowed?
I see buses from all over the eastern half of the USA coming in all the time, mostly school bands and athletic teams. I think they just have to go thru the toll plaza and pay whatever the parking fee is for buses.
joelkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2013, 06:59 AM   #3
Kimberle
WL Vet

We were there last week & saw lots of large band groups. I would call WDW and find out the procedure before you leave. Have fun!
Sept 04 CR 14th fl Concierge Aug 06 Royal Pacific, Club Level Aug 07 AKL, Club Level Aug 08, POR Aug 09 Beach Club Dec 10, Xmas in Tahiti Aug 11, WL Aug 12, Hawaii Apr 13, BC July 14, HRH, CR-MK Club Level
Kimberle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:00 AM   #4
DisneyStarWisher
Love My DVC!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelkfla View Post
I see buses from all over the eastern half of the USA coming in all the time, mostly school bands and athletic teams. I think they just have to go thru the toll plaza and pay whatever the parking fee is for buses.
Do you know if we are staying on-site if the bus would be able to get in without paying, or is there still a charge? Just thinking it would be nice for when we move from one park to the next, or when we have an early morning ADR if the bus could just drop us off.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:13 PM   #5
SteveMouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStarWisher View Post

Do you know if we are staying on-site if the bus would be able to get in without paying, or is there still a charge? Just thinking it would be nice for when we move from one park to the next, or when we have an early morning ADR if the bus could just drop us off.
I would enquire with your hotel/meeting contact for your block of rooms.

Each theme park has a parking lot for buses. Disney does not provide sophisticated stalls/queues for external buses like they do for their own resort buses. Each external bus is assigned a space. Some are transient (for offsite hotel shuttles); others are day slots.
SteveMouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: