Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 09:10 PM   #1
redrdeo
Earning My Ears

Exclamation offsite villa/condo/house?

Hi! looking for advice from those who have stayed offsite and rented a house or condo or villa.
It's my family, my husband and I and our 2 girls who will be 15 months and 2 1/2 years old and then my parents (grandma and grandpa).
We want a place we can cook breakfast in the morning and once we are done in the parks be together but separate if needed (if that makes sense).

Any suggestions on places to look?
Nothing toooooo expensive though.

THANKS!
Cory
redrdeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:38 PM   #2
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

We have stayed in and loved Windsor hills. We rented a townhouse (3 bedroom) and it was perfect. Really close to the parks you can almost see AKL. Would highly recommend and not too expensive.
ScotsMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2013, 08:54 PM   #3
dougsmom98
DIS Veteran

We have been staying in offsite villas and town homes for years. If you go to this forum here on the disboards, you will find lots of us who vacation this way.

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15

One suggestion with kids as young as yours is that you may want to find a house that is all on one floor or rent a condo that is all on one floor unless your kids are good about staying away from the stairs that you would find in a town home. The best thing about staying in a villa offsite is that some of them have baby gear right at the home for free - high chairs, playpens, pack and plays, strollers. We rent through www.vrbo.com and www.homeaway.com. It takes some time to sort through all the listings, but it gives you a good idea of what is out there and what you may want in a rental.

Up next - Off Site @ Grand Reserve April, 2015
1st Trip Dec 2002 - Holiday Inn Nicki Bird, 2nd Trip June 2004 - Fantasy World Villas, 3rd Trip Feb 2006 - Windsor Palms, 4th Trip Feb 2007 - Regal Palms, 5th Trip Feb 2008 - Solana Resort, 6th Trip Feb 2009 - Windwood Bay, 7th Trip Feb 2010 - Grand Reserve, 8th trip Feb 2011 - Grand Reserve, 9th trip Feb 2012 Grand Reserve, 10th trip April 2012 Disney Land - Castle Inn and Suites, 11th trip Feb 2013 Grand Reserve, 12th Trip Feb 2014 Grand Reserve
dougsmom98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:33 PM   #4
kammom18
Mouseketeer

Orange Lake Resort

My family of 4 stayed at Orange Lake Resort in November 2010. We stayed in a 2 BR 2 BA Villa. It had been completely renovated, with granite counter tops, all new flooring, furniture, etc. The bedrooms were equal in size (HUGE). The first room had 2 queen beds with an attached double sinked bathroom and the second bedroom had a king size bed with attached bathroom. Full kitchen, Dining Room, Living Room. Patio. Full Washer & Dryer.

The resort has a lot of amenities, none that I can really comment on, because we were so exhausted from doing the parks all day and it was unseasonably cool during the time we were there, so we were unable to utilize the pools, lazy river and water slides. It is close to everything. There is a Target Greatland across the street where we purchased our groceries for the week. We ate breakfast every morning before going to the parks. It was nice to come back and relax between the business of the parks.

Whatever you decide, I wish you the best on your upcoming vacation!
Old 04-30-2013, 09:58 PM   #5
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

We stayed here:

http://tropicalpalmsresortfl.brand.c...ttage-rentals/

We had a 1-bedroom cottage plus a loft where the kids slept. They also have larger ones. Ours was $589 for 8 nights last June, although we actually booked it through VRBO through a private owner. That owner then sold her cabin to the resort prior to our arrival. The resort honored our price, but I have no idea if that was their normal price or not. I would imagine the 6-person cabins are more. Full (albeit small) kitchen with dishes, living room area, and a nice little deck out front.

Nice pool and a few on site activities including poolside movies, though we were hardly there. Best part was the location. It was SUPER close to the parks. Walked out the door and 8 minutes later shut the car engine off in the Epcot parking lot. I think Typhoon Lagoon took the longest, right at 14 minutes door to door. If you don't stay here, do look at other options in this immediate area (Hwy 192 just East of I4) as traffic is low and the parks are literally "right there".
Old 05-01-2013, 05:44 AM   #6
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsMinnie View Post
We have stayed in and loved Windsor hills. We rented a townhouse (3 bedroom) and it was perfect. Really close to the parks you can almost see AKL. Would highly recommend and not too expensive.

We are also staying offsite at Windsor Hills for our upcoming trip after staying onsite for our last WDW trip in 2011. We booked a 3 bedroom condo through Florida Sun Vacation homes and got a really great deal! I've talked to other people who have stayed at Windsor Hills and have been told that it is an easy and quick drive to the parks. We are so excited about our upcoming stay, especially our kids because all four of them will each have their own bed! The condo has a full kitchen, balcony, flat screen television in the living room and each bedroom, full kitchen, and our own washer and dryer. The total combined cost of our condo and minivan rental for this trip is almost half of what it would have cost us to stay onsite at a value resort with the spring discount promo since we would either have to get two rooms or a suite. So we are looking forward to the extras we get to enjoy with the money we are saving!
2Pirates2Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:50 PM   #7
Dallas_Lady
I only work for the vacation money

We did a condo at Windsor Hills twice and really enjoyed it. 3 bedrooms and it was in the $100/night range after taxes and fees. We used www.vacationcentralflorida.com
Dallas_Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:18 AM   #8
BuzznBelle'smom
There are tomato-ey paw prints all around the stove
I've never had it burn, and I do this regularly

We love Windsor Hills. It's very close to WDW--just a few minutes' drive. They have condos, townhouses, and houses. Many options to choose from 2BR-6BR.

A couple of thoughts: Condos are the cheapest, and don't have private pools--they're located very close to the main pool, though, which also has a splash area and a slide.

Townhouses have small (10'x10') pools. All the houses have private pools, usually with a spa attached. If you go for one of these, ask about safety features--the one we stayed in has high locks on the sliding glass doors, as well as a nylon fence/gate thing. I felt my kids were very safe.

Some homes have more than one master suite, which might be nice for you and your parents. Some bed configurations can be changed, some can't--again, if this is important, ask.

It's fabulous having laundry facilities right there! My youngest so I'm past the worst of things, but it seems for ages, I had a "laundry emergency" every vacation. You can pack less, and it's really nice to be able to just throw a load in every day or two.

Some houses actually have a view of WDW fireworks from them. The one we rented didn't, but you might get lucky.

I have 4 kids--they wouldn't agree that the sky was blue. But, they do agree that, on vacation, nothing, NOTHING! beats having their own private pool. This is absolutely the #1 highlight, nothing else comes close. For an extra treat, we let the little guy (I think he was 3 at the time) do a "midnight swim"--it was actually 9pm, but after dark, and past his bedtime. The pool had colored lights that you could turn on. He's now 7, and he STILL talks about how awesome that was. And the best part--it cost me nothing!
BuzznBelle'smom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: