Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2013, 03:31 PM   #1
Hillbeans
If you're bored, please read a book or watch TV...TFs are scared of eyebrowless people
Pulled an "Agony of Defeat" at the mall
"I told them that I liked Michael Bolton!"

Doctor/Dentist appointments and Divorced Parents

When scheduling Doctor (Annual Physicals) and Dental appointments (6 mos and follow-ups), do you both attend every appointment together? take turns and update the other parent?

My ex and I generally take turns with Dental appointments. Doctor appointments (sick visits) can fall on either of us when they occur. I am asking because next week DS12 has an annual physical and when we were married I generally did most of the doctoring appts solo but now that we aren't married I just like to make sure I am there just to be fully in the know.
1977 - 1st Trip, 1982, 2nd Trip & EPCOT, 2003 - AKL, 2004 2 trips - Marriott World and POFQ, July 2005 - Grand Gathering - Emerald Isle - Coronado, Beach Club Villas, Dolphin - Mar/Apr 2007 - Mom's meet June '08, Grand Gathering # 2 - July '08 - Bought DVC July '08- First DVC trip to BWV June '09 - AKV Jambo Poly 2010, BCV June 2011, Disney Fantasy Eastern Cruise 11/2012, Disney Magic 11/2/14
Hillbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 05:31 PM   #2
NEDisneyFans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbeans View Post
When scheduling Doctor (Annual Physicals) and Dental appointments (6 mos and follow-ups), do you both attend every appointment together? take turns and update the other parent?

My ex and I generally take turns with Dental appointments. Doctor appointments (sick visits) can fall on either of us when they occur. I am asking because next week DS12 has an annual physical and when we were married I generally did most of the doctoring appts solo but now that we aren't married I just like to make sure I am there just to be fully in the know.
Most medical appointments (for the people I know) are attended by the custodial parent, with the exception of "urgent care" or "emergency" visits that come up when child is with the non-custodial parent. Then the information is shared with the other parent.

The only time I know of that both parents were in attendance was when there was joint custody, to discuss treatment options.

I guess it depends on what your divorce decree/child custody says.

WDW: AKL & BLT 6/14; BWV 3/13; BWV 3/12; BWV 6/10; AKL 6/09; SSR 1/09; POP 2/07, 3/06, 2/05; BWV 5/04
DLR: Good Neighbor 10/11; GCH 4/08
DCL: Magic 10/06 (Disneymoon!)

2014 Reading Goal: 55 Books
NEDisneyFans is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2013, 05:57 PM   #3
hereyago
DIS Veteran

Unless your ex has given you any doubt that he would hold back anything about your ds, then it really isn't an issue for you to go.

The only time my exdh went to a appointment after we split was for a dental appointment so dd could have a couple baby teeth to be removed because her mouth was small and the adult ones were trying to bust out. And he did it because dd asked him to be there.

I am the custodial parent, but I know he would never not tell me something as I am the same way.

Hope your ds has a good physical.
hereyago is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:04 PM   #4
lauradis
DIS Veteran

Does your ex want to go?

I would ask if he would like to go or just call , email, txt updates

I personally find it wonderful that you are trying to get along.

You also might want to set up rules about school interaction, sporting events how would he like to be notified.
lauradis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:06 PM   #5
Gracie09
DIS Veteran

What does your son want? As long as the other parent is competent and will tell you what's going on, why not ask your son if he has a preference. He may or may not
Gracie09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: