Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 05:02 PM   #1
Jemepech
Earning My Ears

Monorail smell :)

Some may think this is just silly or weird but I'm sure there are those who know exactly what I'm talking about. The great smell of the monorail. It has it own smell to me its so disney. I cant explain it but the smell instantly put in a calmer mood, when you smell you know your officially on vacation. I don't knwo if its intentionally or just they way they smell, but i would sure love to get my truck to smell like. Someone please let me know im not crazy cant be the only one. (I hope)......
Jemepech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:05 PM   #2
OrlandoUnited
Mouseketeer

Get an incontinent male cat and your whole house can smell like the Monorail.
OrlandoUnited is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 05:09 PM   #3
JasonDVC
DIS Veteran

Like B.O.?

JasonDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:16 PM   #4
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

I appreciate the smell when I walk into BC or Poly...or the chlorine water smell on Disney rides like POTC & IASW...but the MONORAIL SMELL??? I think it smells like my sons were riding it after a hot sweaty day in the parks. Times ten. I always make sure I use hand sanitizer or put on some hand lotion when I get on it so I can get a whiff of that instead!

Hey to each their own!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:21 PM   #5
sweetcreams
Mouseketeer

Haha! I always think the monorail smells like manure! But I grew up on a dairy farm so that's not a bad thing, believe it or not.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:22 PM   #6
Gantu
Oh,,,,,blitznac!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoUnited View Post

Oh my side hurts from laughing.....

Best reply EVER!!!!

11/09 WL ~ 5/11 SSW POP ~ 8/12 Disneyland / DCA
5/31-6/9/13 AOA- YC - POR

Trip to come!!!! I really won a trip to Disney World!
Gantu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:24 PM   #7
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

I know exactly how you feel. When I smell the monorail, I know I'm finally on vacation!! I have boy cats...and believe me, that smell is not the monorail smell. And it's not b.o. or manure either. It's most likely the carpet and subsequent glue. Add to that the conditioned air and there you have it...monorail odor.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:33 PM   #8
ManyMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Or even better, a barn full of cows will give you the exact same smell.
ManyMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:33 PM   #9
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Odor-rail? Smell-o-rail?

Quote:
that was GOLD - thanks!
Helloooooo, Tag Fairy? I've got one for you...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemepech View Post
Some may think this is just silly or weird but I'm sure there are those who know exactly what I'm talking about. The great smell of the monorail. It has it own smell to me its so disney. I cant explain it but the smell instantly put in a calmer mood, when you smell you know your officially on vacation. I don't knwo if its intentionally or just they way they smell, but i would sure love to get my truck to smell like. Someone please let me know im not crazy cant be the only one. (I hope)......
I know what you mean and you're right that all those distinctly Disney smells remind us of being on vacation at our favorite place.

Now, we once had an older BMW M3 that my daughter would complain smelled like Spaceship Earth, but I love the SE smell, especially the faux fire.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:35 PM   #10
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

Smells like band-aids to me.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:46 PM   #11
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocovrdmicears View Post
Smells like band-aids to me.
Me, too. A massive amount of band-aids.

Not a good smell to me, but everyone's olfactory systems are different!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:02 PM   #12
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemepech View Post
Dd and I watch youtube monorail ride but there is NO substitute for the actual smell! Yes we like it too! We also like the smell as you enter Main Street ,the smell of SplashMtn, etc! The smells of Disney are as important as the sights and sounds.

Ds gets off the plane every time and says "yep, this smells like Disney". (We live in NY)

Thanks for reminding me how much fun I will have smelling everything. Only 6 days until mom n me with dd18!!!
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:51 PM   #13
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

[QUOTE=WDWKOOK;47939926
Now, we once had an older BMW M3 that my daughter would complain smelled like Spaceship Earth, but I love the SE smell, especially the faux fire.[/QUOTE]

ME TOO! Rome is burning! Or the library...or something like that! I work for Yankee Candle & we have a candle that smells JUST like that scene. It's called Emberlight, and I'm often caught sniffing it, just to whisk myself away to Spaceship Earth...

"Code 5 to manager...Tara's in aisle 7 sniffing the Emberlight again...."

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:28 PM   #14
huntconn
"Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile."

Not sure what all of you folks that are saying the monorail smells bad are talking about. I think the monorail smells fantastic!
huntconn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:34 PM   #15
bdcp
DIS Veteran

It smells like manure. Really. I think it's a cleaner, but I really don't like it much.
Shades of Green Nov 08

Shades of Green Oct 11
Shades of Green Nov 13
bdcp is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: