Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 09:32 PM   #31
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

The two different strollers we have and have taken to WDW are the Citi mini and the Peg Perego Aria.

Citi Mini--it steers very easily, has huge sunshade, and folds very easily. But it is bulky and heavy when folded, so not the best on the buses, has a very small basket, and no child cup holder or tray. It didn't have a parent cup holder either but we bought one.

Peg Perego Aria--it was very lightweight(9 lbs), folded easily and stood by itself when folded, which was nice on the bus. It had a big basket and child tray and cup holder. The sun shade was small and doesn't maneuver as easily as the Citi Mini.

They both recline for naps which is nice. I don't think they make the Aria anymore but there are some for sale still at Albee Baby and Peg Perego replaced it with a very similar model, just with a different name.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:41 PM   #32
PocahontasLookALike
DIS Veteran

I would also consider what you want to bring to the parks.

I also have a maclaren quest and love it. Just not for the stage of my daughter (16 mos) we just need to carry more stuff then the sad little basket allows for.

I also have a britax b ready which is sort of a beast but my daughter loves it. Loves that she sits up higher, the basket is awesome, great canopy (canopy on the quest is horrible. I always use an additional shade extender).

But if I had to get something in between I'd get a valco snap. love that the seat floss inward so I can't get dirty.

But if you're looking for the easiest fold out there...prob the city mini.

Strollers are a bug decision!

Ridiculously happy DVC Member
"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good"
WDW 2001 - Sheraton Vistana
WDW 2005 - BWV
WDW 2007 - BWV
WDW 2009 - Beach Club Villas
Childhood Disneyland Trips...too many times to count!
2007 Disneyland trips: January, March and October - VGC
2008 Disneyland trip: 2008 Half Marathon in August!
2009 Disneyland trips: September for the Disneyland Half Marathon, October for a big family trip - VGC
February 2011 Disneyland - PPH
April 2013 Disneyland- PPH
October 2014 Disneyland - VGC
PocahontasLookALike is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2013, 03:48 PM   #33
cherbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconuts View Post
The two different strollers we have and have taken to WDW are the Citi mini and the Peg Perego Aria.

Citi Mini--it steers very easily, has huge sunshade, and folds very easily. But it is bulky and heavy when folded, so not the best on the buses, has a very small basket, and no child cup holder or tray. It didn't have a parent cup holder either but we bought one.

Peg Perego Aria--it was very lightweight(9 lbs), folded easily and stood by itself when folded, which was nice on the bus. It had a big basket and child tray and cup holder. The sun shade was small and doesn't maneuver as easily as the Citi Mini.

They both recline for naps which is nice. I don't think they make the Aria anymore but there are some for sale still at Albee Baby and Peg Perego replaced it with a very similar model, just with a different name.

Hope this helps.

wow, what a great price! http://www.albeebaby.com/pegpe20arsti2.html

Just wish the shade was bigger! Still haven't decided yet. It's a royal pain. If only they weren't so expensive....

WDW in July with a baby?? Am I crazy?!

1983-98--Multiple visits,'01-ASMu,'03-CSR,'06-ASMu; AS Sports,'07; Sept 08 & 09 @ Pop Century. Next visit....???
cherbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:59 PM   #34
Freesia123
DIS Veteran

What about Craigslist??
Freesia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:38 AM   #35
cherbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freesia123 View Post
What about Craigslist??
I had no luck there but I'm checking periodically.

1983-98--Multiple visits,'01-ASMu,'03-CSR,'06-ASMu; AS Sports,'07; Sept 08 & 09 @ Pop Century. Next visit....???
Old 05-09-2013, 02:06 PM   #36
rachael95
DIS Veteran

Here's another vote for the Jeep Cherokee stroller if you're looking for something not too expensive.

http://www.amazon.com/Jeep-Cherokee-.../dp/B004HO5866

We bought one because my regular chico stroller wouldn't fit in the back of my Kia hatchback and I was tired of hunching over with the cheapie umbrella stroller you can buy for $30. The only complaint I have about this stroller is that the cup holder is too small to fit my son's sippy cup. I bought a side-mounted cup holder to hook onto it and now he just puts snacks in the built-in cup holder. It would fit a normal cup or water bottle just fine.

It's tall enough though that we don't get a backache pushing it. (I'm 5'8" and DH is 5'11").

It holds a ton and it's sturdy enough that even with my purse dangling off the back with the mommy hook that my son has still used the stroller to pull himself up and the stroller doesn't tip over. (Though I watch him like a hawk just in case it tries).

*Off Property - August 1999 *AKL - September 2003 *Dolphin - December 2004 *POR - May 2005 *Off Property - October 2005 *1/2 day at AK after conference Oct. 2007*Off Property - September 2014 (DS first trip)
rachael95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:43 PM   #37
mcuoghi
Mouseketeer

We bought our joovy sit n stand from Craigslist. The photos they gave looked nice and I told them I wanted to come see it before I bought. It worked out well as the stroller was almost brand new.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:57 AM   #38
Dbk8784
Earning My Ears

I just purchased a new stroller for Disney. I didnt want to bring my uppababy vista, its too heavy and I was scared it would be stolen. I purchased a Inglesina Trip. It is amazing. I prefer it over my uppababy. Its really light and maneuvers so well. It has a huge sun canopy and can fully recline which I need since my son will be 4 1/2 months on my trip. The canopy has an option to fully cover the baby. I can't say enough great things about this stroller.
Dbk8784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:36 AM   #39
suziespice
Earning My Ears

I have a britax b-ready for my regular stroller, but since we'll be flying in from Canada, I'm planning on renting a double stroller from one of the stroller companies when we are down there.. I also have a maclaren single.. but I have a feeling my 2 kids will be fighting over who can sit in the stroller, and the maclaren doesn't have a lot of storage room.

I purchased a maclaren stroller from craigslist.. it was a piece of crap, I had to spend $50 to get it fixed because there were problems with the wheels, I should have checked it out a lot more before I bought it...so be careful and learn from my mistake!
suziespice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:30 PM   #40
sahoenshell1218
Mouseketeer

Hope y'all don't mind me resurrecting this post!

CherBear - interested on what you decided on and how it worked out for you?

Has anyone had any luck purchasing from Ebay? Considering looking into Britax B-Agile or City Mini through Ebay.....just makes me nervous!
sahoenshell1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:58 PM   #41
mumto4girls
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKL_Megs
We have an Expedition and I LOVE it, however, it doesn't fit in my car, so it's just our neighborhood walk stroller. We also have the The First Years Ignite (they sell it at Target) and I absolutely love it. It's a slightly fancier umbrella stroller.
I love my ignite. We bought it for our last trip to Disney. It is a bigger than a regular umbrella and reclines too. The weeks don't get stuck on everything like some umbrellas. I bought a snack pod to go with it so we could tote around a couple waters.
mumto4girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:28 PM   #42
twinsouvenirs
Mother of Dragons :)

We are taking the Maclaren Twin Techno because it is super lightweight, durable, has plenty of storage (because it is a twin) compared to the used Combi we got. All that said, I am so nervous that it will be damaged! We could rent but I'm thinking we're going to need the stroller for the airport since the twins will be 12 mo and are very wiggly. Any thoughts?

(re: Maclarens--there was an issue but it was fixed in recall, ours was post recall)
Old 07-23-2013, 02:35 PM   #43
cherbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahoenshell1218 View Post
Hope y'all don't mind me resurrecting this post!

CherBear - interested on what you decided on and how it worked out for you?

Has anyone had any luck purchasing from Ebay? Considering looking into Britax B-Agile or City Mini through Ebay.....just makes me nervous!
I certainly don't mind, if it will help someone else!

I got the Britax B-Agile from Babies R Us, and purchased the tray and organizer add-ons from Amazon. I would highly recommend getting the rain cover too! I didn't, and sort of regretted it. But we also went in July! LOL

My mom and sister came with me to BRU and we literally analyzed every last detal of both the BJ City Mini and the Britax B-Agile. I would have been happy with either, they are SOOO similar! But the Britax was cheaper by $20 (with the 20% off friends and family sale) and the accessories are easier to find -- and also cheaper. Having looked at some of the accesories available for the City Mini, I actually prefer the ones that Britax offers, too.

That said, you probably can't go wrong with either. The differences are very subtle and include: strap adjustment, wheel stop, handle, and wheel size (only slight)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: