Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 03:17 PM   #16
laughinplace199
AKA Shrimpo or Flamingo Legs

Another vote for the Ignite. It's a great stroller for the price. We just gave ours away to a family entering AK as we were leaving AK to head to the airport.

My kids will be too old for a stroller by the time we return to WDW, but I was still a little sad to part with it. Weird, I know.

laughinplace199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:39 PM   #17
dsneygirl
My little pirate is here
The mixed drinks always tasted yummy to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringingUpDisney View Post
The reason Maclaren strollers have become less popular is they have a hinge issue that was severing the fingers.

I think they have lost market share to the Citi mini. We had a Quest for 5 years with DS#1 and thought it was great, then I got a Citi mini for Ds#2 and it is way better, easier fold, never tips, bigger sunshade etc.

All the off site rental companies seems to rent the Citi mini and doubles.
FW 1980, 1984, 1988, DxL 1992, Canada Pavillon CM July 1997-July 1998, (Met DH at the BeaverTails shack) Off site Feb 1999 Engaged at Cindy's Sept 2000, DL GC Feb 2001, POFQ Sept 2001, Poly June 2002, Off site March 2003, FW Hallowe'en 2003, GF Xmas 2003, DisneyLand Oct 2004, FW May 2005 Joined DVC June 2005 SSR Oct 2005, OKW Dec 2005, DLH Mar 2006,DS's 1st Trip BCV & CBR Oct 2006, VWL & POR Dec 2006, BCV & POR May 2007, BWV & ASM Aug 2007, SSR Oct 2007 VWL Dec 2007, AKL/VWL Sept 2008, March 2009 Pop/BCV, Disney Wonder and AKV/BCV May 2009, AKL/VWL Sept 2009, OKW Dec 2009,Mar 2010 Disney Wonder and BLT, May 2010 AKL, Aug 2010 VWL/BCV,Dec 2010 AKL, Feb 2011 Disney Dream/VWL, May 2011 BLT, Sept 2011 VGC, Oct 2011 SSR, Aulani June 2012, BCV/VWL Sept 2012, AKV/BLT Sept 2013, Dec 2013 VWL/DisneyDream, Nov 2014 VGC
(me)(DH)(DS 7) (DS 2)

dsneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 03:45 PM   #18
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

We love our Graco Ipo. Its an umbrella stroller but has nice big wheels and holds up to 55 lbs. I can have my 7 yr old dd ride in it and it works great. Has a nice recline and folds nice and small. Nice for the buses. Of course it doesn't have a big basket but we can hang our back pack from the handles and that holds all our stuff. Non valuables so it stays with the stroller. We have had it for quite a few yrs.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:49 PM   #19
tink_n_pooh
my TP isn't going anywhere. I can start the TP underground, anyone who is interested just let me know
I'm happy my underwear are clean

First, congrats on your little one

I saw that you are going in July. We went last September when DD was 4 months old and again in February when she was 9 months old. The September trip was hot and our stroller fan and extended shade were both well used, I suggest both of them!

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...uctId=12353563

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2302843

There are links to both accessories in case you are interested. I can't tell you how many mommies stopped me to tell me what a great idea they both were and that they were going out to buy them for their own little ones

As far as strollers we use and like the Chicco Cortina stroller that I received at my shower (it goes with the keyfit30 seat to make a travel system). It isn't a lightweight stroller but it isn't so bulky that it is difficult to deal with either. We also have a Jeep all terrain stroller, very nice ride but it doesn't fold up as nicely and I think DD is still a little small to really be that comfortable in it.

I also saw you are looking for a new convertible car seat, if you have questions about what seat is best for your LO don't hesitate to ask, I am passionate about car seat safety and have made it a bit of a hobby There is also an amazing group on facebook that can help you find the best seat to last your LO the longest and will fit well in your vehicle, etc.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CarSeatsForTheLittles/
tink_n_pooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:58 PM   #20
cherbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringingUpDisney View Post
The reason Maclaren strollers have become less popular is they have a hinge issue that was severing the fingers.
yikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughinplace199 View Post
Another vote for the Ignite. It's a great stroller for the price. We just gave ours away to a family entering AK as we were leaving AK to head to the airport.

My kids will be too old for a stroller by the time we return to WDW, but I was still a little sad to part with it. Weird, I know.
aww that was so nice!!

Loving all the responses...I'll come back to respond to the rest later on!

WDW in July with a baby?? Am I crazy?!

1983-98--Multiple visits,'01-ASMu,'03-CSR,'06-ASMu; AS Sports,'07; Sept 08 & 09 @ Pop Century. Next visit....???
cherbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:58 PM   #21
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKL_Megs View Post
This will be our first time, but we've used it around town (mall, shopping, etc.) and I love it. So much better than a clunky huge stroller. My only complaint is that the storage is hard to get to, but I don't carry a diaper bag anymore, so for me, it's a non issue. (A diaper bag could easily be hung on the handles).
This is what I thought when I bought the Ignite - however, it is so lightweight that the diaper bag tips it over. Every time you stop you have to take the diaper bag off and put it in the seat. I am so frustrated with the storage that I am now searching for a new stroller for WDW, unless we can achieve potty training before the next trip.

I have a city mini but the front wheel locks every few steps and they won't fix it - their suggestion was to buy another one!

I am looking at the B-agile for us, but every family has different needs and different functions that are most important for them...

me miss J my little princess (2)
BringingUpDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:19 PM   #22
todzwife
There's nothing worse than walking around with a wet butt

My absolute favorite stroller (after trying a LOT, including the city mini) is the Valco Snap. It only weighs 13 pounds, but has all the bells and whistles of a full-size stroller.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:56 PM   #23
twinboysmom
DIS Veteran

Amazon has a red britax b-agile for $185 with free shipping and no tax (at least for now). I order all of my strollers from amazon and have never had an issue and always save much more over babies r us, even with their stupid coupons. That's my recommendation for you. Large canopy, full recline, easy fold, steers great. I do not like umbrella strollers, particularly cheapies. I own a maclaren (and that hinge thing was fixed and they are still quite popular) but I don't recommend one for a baby. Lousy canopy, they do have a decent recline and don't tip with a heavy bag, but they are pricey. That's just my two cents.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:03 AM   #24
squirrel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgraham34 View Post
I have a City Mini and its the only stroller I would use. It collapses in about 1 second. Just pull the strap on the seat and its ready to go into a bus.
I don't have a City Mini but I've heard they are great for WDW.

I purchased a Perego Pliko P3 from www.albeebaby.com back in 2008 for my niece. I have used it 4 times now at WDW. Folds almost flat, has a huge canopy, tray for child (can be taken off completely), can store upright, has a freedom movement 5 point harness (I don't know of another brand that has this) and you can take off the shoulder straps and make it 3 point. Adjustable footrest, parent cup holder, and extendable handles. Had no problem with the backpack over the handle-no tipping.
WDW (Pop) Sept. 5-19 2008 Free Dining
WDW (Pop) Oct. 1-15 2009 Free Dining
WDW (Pop) Sept. 30-Oct. 14 2010 Free Dining
WDW (Pop-BC) Sept. 29-Oct. 13 2011 Free Dining
Wonder and DLR (BWPPI) Sept. 10-20 2012
Wonder and DLR (DI&S) Sept. 9-21 2013

Last edited by squirrel; 04-26-2013 at 02:09 AM.
squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:58 AM   #25
Gracie09
DIS Veteran

If you are looking for one that you can also jog with I would not get the citimini. It's made by baby jogger but isn't a jogging stroller. I have a cybex umbrella stroller I got in a deal a day site. I really liked it when I had one kid. Easy to fold and compact.
Gracie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:50 AM   #26
Figment104
Earning My Ears

We're taking our 17 month old in 2 weeks for his first trip, and we bought a Chicco liteway (I think that's the way it's spelled). It's very light weight, and steers great, and folds up very easily and compactily (similar to a maclaren). The feature that I love the most is that it has a full recline, so DS can actually nap in it, and has. We ended up buying a prior year color so got it cheaper that it's sold for, but I think you can get it for around $100 new, and it's not usually excluded from BRU coupons. It was also rated very well in the Baby Bargins book, so that sealed the deal for us. Good luck and have a wonderful trip!

Oct 2014 WL * May 2013 WL (CL) * Sept 2010 WL * May 2009 WL * Oct 2008 Poly * June 2007 WL - Disneymoon * July 2004 WL * Apr 2000 GF * 84-98 Offsiet
Figment104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:18 PM   #27
cherbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment104 View Post
We're taking our 17 month old in 2 weeks for his first trip, and we bought a Chicco liteway (I think that's the way it's spelled). It's very light weight, and steers great, and folds up very easily and compactily (similar to a maclaren). The feature that I love the most is that it has a full recline, so DS can actually nap in it, and has. We ended up buying a prior year color so got it cheaper that it's sold for, but I think you can get it for around $100 new, and it's not usually excluded from BRU coupons. It was also rated very well in the Baby Bargins book, so that sealed the deal for us. Good luck and have a wonderful trip!
So I'm at Burlington/Baby Depot right now and they have the chicco liteway in red. Anyone else have input on this one? I do love the incline and it's very light weight. However, I've heard that plastic wheels can be an issue??

They have the Expedition here too. Ugh I wish this were easier!

WDW in July with a baby?? Am I crazy?!

1983-98--Multiple visits,'01-ASMu,'03-CSR,'06-ASMu; AS Sports,'07; Sept 08 & 09 @ Pop Century. Next visit....???
cherbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:21 PM   #28
Figment104
Earning My Ears

We've had our's for almost a year now, and haven't had any issues with the wheels. Overall, we've been very happy with it.

Oct 2014 WL * May 2013 WL (CL) * Sept 2010 WL * May 2009 WL * Oct 2008 Poly * June 2007 WL - Disneymoon * July 2004 WL * Apr 2000 GF * 84-98 Offsiet
Figment104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:56 PM   #29
AKL_Megs
I'd Rather Be At AKL!!!
I feel exposed if I'm not covered

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherbear View Post

So I'm at Burlington/Baby Depot right now and they have the chicco liteway in red. Anyone else have input on this one? I do love the incline and it's very light weight. However, I've heard that plastic wheels can be an issue??

They have the Expedition here too. Ugh I wish this were easier!
I wanted the Liteway but couldn't justify the price vs. DD's age/usage. I would have bought it in a heartbeat if she was still 12mo. I have friends who love theirs and have no wheel issues.

AKL_Megs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:10 PM   #30
Angel Ariel
DIS Veteran

The City Mini we have for DD is awesome. The fold is incredibly quick, it fully reclines, and the sunshade is fantastic (you don't need to purchase an extra extender at all). A PP is correct in that it's not actually a jogging stroller, but it is a great stroller for walking/etc. We had one at Disney, and honestly I would not want any other stroller there. DD was so comfy, she took naps in the stroller very easily. I was never worried about the sun because the sunshade is so big. We really like it.

DLR: July '84 (first trip! ), July '86 (family), April '88 (Easter), August 2004 (DCA for the first time!), March 2009,
April 2010 (F&W Festival!), April 2011

WDW: July '87 (first trip to WDW!), April '93 (Easter), April '95 (Contemporary), July 2006 (Honeymoon - GF!), December 2007 (SoG),
March 2013 (SoG, our princess' first trip! ), October 2013 (SoG, F&W festival!), November 2014 (F&W adults only trip!)
Angel Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: