Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 12:23 PM   #1
kcchief
Mouseketeer

Question Shipping stuff to my resort

I am thinking of shipping a bunch of supplies we need for our trip(diapers, formula, etc) to our resort prior to our arrival to help save room in our suitcases. I have read of other people doing this here on the boards and was wondering if anyone can give me tips on doing so. What info do I need to put on the outside of the box? Where can I get the address for my resort(Caribbean Beach)? How many day before my arrival should I ship it to the resort? Etc. Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 04-25-2013, 01:20 PM   #2
disbugsmomma
Mouseketeer

We're also shipping stuff down, via fedex. We're shipping the box today and arriving on Tuesday. Just put your name and reservation number, c/o Caribbean Beach Resort, 900 Cayman Way, Lake Buena Vista FL 32830.
*Offsite ~ 1988*ASMusic ~ 1999*FW Campground ~ 2001*Boardwalk ~ 2004*FW Campground ~ 2005*Boardwalk ~ 2006*FW Campground ~ 2007*FW Campground ~ 2008*SSR ~ 2008 mnsshp *Beach Club ~ 2009*Boardwalk ~ 2010*Boardwalk ~ 2011*POP ~ 2011*POP/Dream/BLT ~ 2012*BLT ~ 2013*Boardwalk/Fantasy ~ 2014
Me Dh Dd Dd

disbugsmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 05:02 PM   #3
Best Aunt
"That's the best-est present ever!"

There's a sticky on the Resort Board.

I have shipped stuff a few times, and I have never put my reservation number on there. No problem with delivery. I used FedEx, and there are a limited number of address lines on the form.

Best Aunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:25 PM   #4
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

Attn: John Doe arriving 01/01/13
Old 04-25-2013, 09:39 PM   #5
kcchief
Mouseketeer

I was going to us postal priority mail to ship it but I see a few of you are saying you used FedEx. Is that the preferred method of shipping? Or does it matter?
Old 04-25-2013, 09:58 PM   #6
SamSam

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief View Post
I was going to us postal priority mail to ship it but I see a few of you are saying you used FedEx. Is that the preferred method of shipping? Or does it matter?
I'm not sure it really matters, but I've always used Fed Ex to ship to WDW.
If someone knows different, please weigh in.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:39 AM   #7
retlaw_yensid
Mouseketeer

If you're not shipping personal items and only shipping items like diapers, formula, etc, I would actually suggest checking to see if GardenGrocers.com sells your brand. They deliver to WDW resorts all the time and take the hassle out of you doing it yourself.
retlaw_yensid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:28 PM   #8
kcchief
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by retlaw_yensid View Post
If you're not shipping personal items and only shipping items like diapers, formula, etc, I would actually suggest checking to see if GardenGrocers.com sells your brand. They deliver to WDW resorts all the time and take the hassle out of you doing it yourself.
Thanks for the idea but they are a lot higher then what we can buy the stuff here.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:38 PM   #9
Best Aunt
"That's the best-est present ever!"

Usps

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief View Post
The Post Office takes mail to a general delivery location at Disney before it goes to your hotel, so you need to leave extra time when shipping. Don't ask me how much time. I have always used FedEx so that I know when my package is supposed to be delivered, and I can keep track of it online. (UPS also would do that, but FedEx has a more convenient location here.)

Best Aunt is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: