Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 12:20 PM   #1
scarlett24
Dreamin' of Disney

Stroller or no?

We are going on a Disney Criuse next week. We will be going to the MK the day before the cruise. I am thinking that we should not need a stroller on board or for our excursions (Magens Bay and Bernards Tour). Our daughter is 3. Would love to have the stroller for our day at MK, but is it going to be a real pain in the neck to store in our cabin? It folds up nicely and is compact so I don't know if it will fit under the bed. Should I just rent one for the day at MK? Any thoughts? Thanks
December 2007 Wilderness Lodge

December 2008 Caribbean Beach Resort
May 2010 Polynesian
May 2012 Polynesian
May 2013 Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy-our first cruise! Poly & Yacht and Beach Club
April 2014 Polynesian

scarlett24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:26 PM   #2
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran

How old is your little one? We just got back and used an umbrella stroller. I would not take a full size onboard because of compact spaces. I would recommend at least either baby wearing or using a stroller.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
luvslikepi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 12:30 PM   #3
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Definitely wouldn't want to wear a 3 yo! We took a full-sized Jeep stroller with us on cruises until DD was 6. It was good for up to 55 pounds and if one of the kids fell asleep before dinner we just changed them and put them in the stroller by the table until they woke up and joined us. Definitely wanted something they were comfortable in at the parks since both kids napped while in the stroller during the afternoon while we were at WDW. On the Fantasy the beds are higher up so you can just slip it under the bed folded up. We would store it in the tub when it wasn't being used.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:43 PM   #4
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

Our DD has been on 7 cruises - her first at 3.5 and her most recent at age 6. We've never taken a stroller. Only had to carry her once and that was back to the ship in Key West, but it wasn't bad; plus she's light. (She is still just 39 lbs at age 6.)

That being said, we rarely ever used a stroller and never at MK. We used a Jeep umbrella stroller at outlet malls and occasionally at Animal Kingdom. DD preferred to walk and we let her. We house what we need in a small light backpack also so we didn't count on a stroller for storage, either. Minimalists I guess

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2016 Wonder Jan Southern ~ 2015 Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic Oct Southern/B2B repo ~ 2013 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:34 PM   #5
gunka
DIS Veteran

We purchased an umbrella stroller for our daughter and used it for excursions. It folded up very nicely and was not in our way in the cabin. Glad we had it.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:06 PM   #6
lorenni
DIS Veteran

I second the recommendation to baby wear or bring an umbrella stroller.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:35 PM   #7
ajjcarlin
Earning My Ears

We just came back last week and would definitely suggest an umbrella stroller.
ajjcarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:43 PM   #8
Woodmnky
DIS Veteran

Each family is so different when it comes to stroller use, what works for one may not work for you. We did bring a stroller with us for the cruise & used it to carry stuff on and off the ship (a case of water, diaper bag, ect). Ours folds up pretty compact, so we were able to keep it under the bed. If it hadn't of fit there it certainly would have fit in the bathtub, next to our balcony door, or even next to the desk. My son was 2 & 33lbs, but we either wore him or he walked the whole time. I plan on doing the same thing next month.
Woodmnky is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: