Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 11:04 AM   #1
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

Only ONE flight per day with Southwest??

So I'm a little nervous about booking with SW since they are only offering one flight per day out of my airport to MCO. I mean...what if so something happens to the plane? I guess there aren't backups around or other flights coming in? Hmmmm.....
Blessed_wth_Triplets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:35 AM   #2
HoosierDisneyDad
Mouseketeer

Are there other Southwest or AirTran flights to a hub though?
HoosierDisneyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 05:10 PM   #3
lost*in*cyberspace
DIS Veteran

If there is a problem which results in cancellation of the flight, you probably won't be traveling that day and will have to be accommodated another day, unless WN can get you on a flight to an airport with a connection to MCO. Either way, it will be a big inconvenience. You might want to consider another airline if you are really worried about this.
lost*in*cyberspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:05 PM   #4
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

They will typically delay the flight if they can. I was on a flight last year that was over 3 hours late leaving MCO due to earlier issues. They gave us a $100 voucher.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:01 PM   #5
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost*in*cyberspace View Post
If there is a problem which results in cancellation of the flight, you probably won't be traveling that day and will have to be accommodated another day, unless WN can get you on a flight to an airport with a connection to MCO. Either way, it will be a big inconvenience. You might want to consider another airline if you are really worried about this.

Omg! That would be awful! We need to travel SW cause we have miles to use.
Blessed_wth_Triplets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:25 PM   #6
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed_wth_Triplets View Post
Omg! That would be awful! We need to travel SW cause we have miles to use.
I wouldn't worry too much about it. Unless they can't get the plane there because of weather, they will most likely delay rather than cancel. They also have people coming to your city on the plane, so that would be two plane loads of people they would have to reschedule. If the mechanical issue happens in your city, they have to arrange to fix it there. I've had flights delayed a couple hours waiting for a part to be flown or trucked in.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:29 PM   #7
rocknroll
Mouseketeer

At the risk of providing too much information...

the link below should take you to the BTS site for on time performance by airports, airline, flight number, etc...and I think the data is up to February 2013. Use at own risk! LOL. I have to look at these numbers for a living and I end up checking it for friends. Cheers! Roehl

Summary Statistics - All and late flights (total number, average departure delay, average taxi-out and average scheduled departure) and late flights (total and percent of diverted and cancelled flights).
•Origin Airport
•Destination Airport
•Origin and Destination Airport
•Airline
•Flight Number

Detailed Statistics - Departure and arrival statistics (scheduled departure time, actual departure time, scheduled elapse time, departure delay, wheels-off time and taxi-out time) by airport and airline; airborne time, cancellation and diversion by airport and airline.
•Departures
•Arrivals
•Airborne Time
•Cancellation
•Diversion

http://apps.bts.gov/xml/ontimesummar.../src/index.xml
rocknroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:18 PM   #8
lost*in*cyberspace
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
I wouldn't worry too much about it. Unless they can't get the plane there because of weather, they will most likely delay rather than cancel. They also have people coming to your city on the plane, so that would be two plane loads of people they would have to reschedule. If the mechanical issue happens in your city, they have to arrange to fix it there. I've had flights delayed a couple hours waiting for a part to be flown or trucked in.
It just depends on why the flight is delayed. Bad weather can cancel a flight. Your flight crew could time out if the delay (for whatever reason) is long enough and if a new crew can't be found, the flight is canceled.
lost*in*cyberspace is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: