DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 11:13 AM   #1
bakalorber
Mouseketeer

Stick of butter

Hi, I am staying in the BLT next week and want to order eggs from GG. Can I purchase a stick of butter from the store in the contempory. THey only sell a pound of butter through GG and I only really want a stick! I just don't want to have a bunch left over to be thrown out. I don't think cleaning will really need/want butter but I would be ok with leaving the extra if need be. Just trying to be Eco friendly.
bakalorber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:19 AM   #2
erionm
DIS Veteran

The order form has salted butter quarters listed, so I would guess that the store would carry them (subject to availability).
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 11:55 AM   #3
tink_n_pooh
my TP isn't going anywhere. I can start the TP underground, anyone who is interested just let me know
I'm happy my underwear are clean

I think the smallest quantity is a half pound. I don't recall a single stick being available
DD (2014)
tink_n_pooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:46 PM   #4
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

And you will probably pay more for the 1/2 pound through Disney than for a full pound through GG. We usually buy a pound at the grocery store and leave any extra for housekeeping.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:28 PM   #5
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....

The butter at the resort stores is sold in these tiny little over priced half stick size things. Having done it before I agree that it will be almost as cheap to order the whole pound of butter from GG regardless of how much you really need. I actually usually just order a small container of margarine because that's more the size of what we use for our waffles & bagels for a week.

Come join me for my 2nd ever trip report now in progress for DisneyLAND and Aulani and Maui 2014. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post52179607

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (ALMOST but not quite finished)

August 2014 - 3 n @ VGC & DL followed by 7 n @ Aulani follwed by 3 n on Maui / Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD

[/url]IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/uploads/21406/ssrgroup.jpg[/IMG] [url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]

[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:57 PM   #6
Best Aunt
"That's the best-est present ever!"

BCV price

I downloaded the Beach Club Marketplace order form. They show Land O'Lakes butter quarters, salted, 1/2 pound for $2.95.

I assume it's the same in the store at the Contemporary.

Best Aunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:51 PM   #7
patsal
I've discovered I don't need to be a control freak...and like it!

Can you just pack a sick of butter. I use a square round tupperware container put a small ice pack in it and pack the stick of butter. Small items like spices and such I pre measure in small bags and pack as well.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:24 PM   #8
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

For items like a stick of butter and a few other misc, items such as small mayo I pack a soft sided cooler/lunch box with a freezer pack in it and put it in my suitcase - we rent a car so luggage is with us upon check in and if room is not available I have bell services put it in the fridge. Of course our flight is less then 3 hours.

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:12 PM   #9
DeerIsleDisney
Mouseketeer

I have done the small soft-sided lunch box and a freezer pack trick on two recent trips and it worked great. Took a stick of butter, pkg of cream cheese for bagels, and a few nice local cheeses. Packed it in our checked luggage. We live in Maine, so it is a LONG flight with layovers, etc but everything was still cold when we arrived.

As reported above, butter is $2.95 for a half-pound at the onsite stores. Don't forget you get 10% off with your DVC membership card. Garden grocer is $5.99 for a pound - so no savings there. If you do your own shopping butter is significantly less - I think around $3/pound at Winn-Dixie.
OKW - May 2011 Star Wars Weekends
OKW, Treehouse Villa - Dec/Jan 2012
Disneyland 1/2 Marathon - Sep 2012
Princess Half Marathon, Beach Club - Feb 2013
OKW - April 2013
Disney Fantasy/Dolphin - August 2013
Thanksgiving 2013 at OKW
Christmas-New Year's 2013/14 at Boardwalk
DeerIsleDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:21 PM   #10
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Or you can be magnanimous and offer it to another guest if you don't use the other stick of butter.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:46 PM   #11
Dano1182
DIS Veteran

That seems like alot of work to save about a dollar on butter?
Dano1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:05 PM   #12
DMKEDM
DIS Veteran

They have those single-serving size "tubs" of butter at the condiments station at the Contempo...can you grab a handful of those when you're over there? (If it were me, I'd buy something to "justify" it...but they're free for the taking)...it's a way to get ketchup, mustard, salt, pepper and syrup, too...
DMKEDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:44 PM   #13
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMKEDM View Post
They have those single-serving size "tubs" of butter at the condiments station at the Contempo...can you grab a handful of those when you're over there? (If it were me, I'd buy something to "justify" it...but they're free for the taking)...it's a way to get ketchup, mustard, salt, pepper and syrup, too...
That sounds like the old people I have lunch with occasionally. They love hoarding all those packets from restaurants and fast food places.

DVC Member at OKW since 1992
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:16 PM   #14
stink
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck S View Post
That sounds like the old people I have lunch with occasionally. They love hoarding all those packets from restaurants and fast food places.

OMG....My Father used to do that (God Rest his Soul) when we would go to Disney. It always embarrassed me to no end ! Also he would always walk out of the buffets at Disney with 1/2 dozen of his favorite cookies wrapped in napkins and jammed in his pockets Must have been a depression era thing.....
stink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:16 PM   #15
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck S View Post
I hear you, in south FL some eating establishements " actual restaurants" have nothing on the tables! (no sugar, no splenda, no napkins) You are offered sugar ect. only if you order tea/coffee and they ask you how many, plus you're given 1 and I mean ONE, napkin! My friend had to explain things to me, it's really odd!

I need a napkin for my lap, I need one to dab at my face, and you have to laugh at the daunting task simply requesting extra napkins becomes!

$5.99 for a lb of butter, Good Gravy!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
BEASLYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: