Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2013, 07:54 PM   #1
twinnersmama
Mouseketeer

3 families ... under 1 reservation?

We are 3 families hoping to get rooms in close proximity to each other at POP. Would it be to our advantage to book all 3 rooms under 1 name ... or would that make a mess for charging to the room, dining ressies, etc.

One of the families suggested this thinking that would help to put us closer together. I am kind of hesitant, thinking this will end up making a bigger mess than we planned for.

I think it would be easier just to reserve in my own name and hope for the best (getting close rooms) when we get there.
twinnersmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:00 PM   #2
3honzes
Earning My Ears

our past trip we went with my parents and requested being close and we got adjoining rooms, our upcoming trip we are going with friends and we called and requested that we be close. they could not guarantee it but they would put it in our preferences. Both families were also given a travel with number as part of our reservations.
3honzes is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-28-2013, 08:07 PM   #3
disneypunch
Earning My Ears

I have stayed with extra family up to 4 rooms about 5 times. They have always put us together. I usually am the one to call but I book each room to the person and with their credit card information. Each room gets a separate reservation number with an email confirmation. That helps too if they cancel or have changes, it will be separate reservations but linked. Disney will need each room's information. Who is staying there full names, ages, addresses, and payment info. Maybe you can book next time you are all together in case they had a question. A couple times when we had an add on room our family gave Disney our reservation number so they could link the rooms together. So that's another option if you are a family that do not live close together.
disneypunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:15 PM   #4
sadossey
Mouseketeer

We stayed at Pop a couple weeks ago with three different rooms under 3 different res's. We requested to be close when we made the res and then again upon arrival. We got 3 rooms in a row with 2 of them connecting. We did check in about 10 am so that may have helped too.
sadossey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:31 AM   #5
VroomVroomLightning
DIS Veteran

Last year we were traveling as a party of 10, and had four separate rooms at AOA. We requested we be as close to each as possible. Once we got there we asked about our closeness, and they said it was all taken care of. Sure enough all four rooms were right by each other. We had two sets of connecting rooms right by each other!
Old 04-29-2013, 01:01 PM   #6
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Do separate reservations and ask for "traveling with" to be included on the reservations. That should keep you relatively close to each other.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: