Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 06:30 AM   #31
Rosie
Doughnut researcher

I am also back in the shareholders club
Just bought 81 shares with a little windfall that I wasn't expecting. Thanks people who have posted here and I do hope the board do something for the DLP fans who aren't able to commit to up their shareholding at the moment. I appreciate that some people have abused the system but now the scale of it is known it seems harsh to punish long term investors rather than tackle the misbehaviour.
January 2006 DLRP Sequoia Lodge, May 2007 DLRP Hotel Cheyenne, April 2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge & Hard Rock Hotel Orlando, August 2008 DLRP Adagio Apartments Val D'Europe, October 2008 DLRP Hotel Cheyenne, April 2009 Newport Bay Club, August 2009 Disneyland California (offsite), April 2010 Orlando Offsite Condo, May/June 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel, iAugust 2011 DLP Hotel New
York. July 2012 DLP Hotel New York.
[/img]
Rosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:30 AM   #32
zinderella
Surely they make special allowances for mad Mummys

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan View Post
I have just bought another 45 shares, just need 35 more but I still have 12 months to buy them before I need to renew. Glad I didn't purchase them a while back as the price has now dropped below €5 a share so I have saved.
Yay! You are nearly there! It's well worth waiting. I feel the price is quite good, and may go up more once Ratatouille ride is opened and the profits start rolling in! I'd rather be buying this year than next.

Trip Report 2010-Day 1 Day 2 Day 3

2007 Halloween- Santa Fe, 2009 May 1/2 Term- Newport Bay, 2010 Halloween- Sequoia Lodge, 2010 Christmas - Newport Bay (the trip we Won!) 2012 June 1/2 Term - Sequoia Lodge, 2013 May 1/2 term - Newport Bay
zinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2013, 11:42 AM   #33
nl's mummy
DIS Veteran

Bought our extra shares today :)

Bought the 80 to top it up today don't need to renew for a year but we've been keeping an eye and hubby thought it was a good time as commission only £3.95 today too

Happy days! Love that we'll still be part of the magic and although it will take a while to make back our money now through discounts and trips to salon mickey we love having them and owning a lightbulb!
Old 04-30-2013, 11:47 AM   #34
nl's mummy
DIS Veteran

I just bought our 80 today to top it up!

Does anyone know if you can transfer name on them?? They are in husbands name so therefore card is in his name too but we want it in my name ideally...
Old 04-30-2013, 12:38 PM   #35
zinderella

Quote:
Originally Posted by nl's mummy View Post
I just bought our 80 today to top it up!

Does anyone know if you can transfer name on them?? They are in husbands name so therefore card is in his name too but we want it in my name ideally...
the shareholder club have responded to my emails pretty quick, I suggest you ask them the best way forward.

2007 Halloween- Santa Fe, 2009 May 1/2 Term- Newport Bay, 2010 Halloween- Sequoia Lodge, 2010 Christmas - Newport Bay (the trip we Won!) 2012 June 1/2 Term - Sequoia Lodge, 2013 May 1/2 term - Newport Bay
Old 04-30-2013, 12:40 PM   #36
zinderella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie View Post
I am also back in the shareholders club
Just bought 81 shares with a little windfall that I wasn't expecting. Thanks people who have posted here and I do hope the board do something for the DLP fans who aren't able to commit to up their shareholding at the moment. I appreciate that some people have abused the system but now the scale of it is known it seems harsh to punish long term investors rather than tackle the misbehaviour.
Oh great news and I totally agree regarding the 20 shares holders, I expect quite a few people have sold them though which is a shame

Old 04-30-2013, 12:47 PM   #37
HFJohnson
DIS Veteran

I was going to buy my extra shares today but completely forgot and now the markets are shut Oh well, there's bound to be another cheap dealing offer soon and hopefully the share price won't go up to much in the meantime!
Old 04-30-2013, 02:10 PM   #38
netimka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFJohnson View Post
I was going to buy my extra shares today but completely forgot and now the markets are shut Oh well, there's bound to be another cheap dealing offer soon and hopefully the share price won't go up to much in the meantime!
I couldnt buy today as well plus we are taking our car for a repair tomorrow so try to save on other things in the mean time... so let hope for a good price on share next time Halifax got this offer.... they have them now nearly every months... and congrats to those who have now 100 shares and dont have to worry abut renewing...
Old 04-30-2013, 03:32 PM   #39
nl's mummy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinderella View Post

the shareholder club have responded to my emails pretty quick, I suggest you ask them the best way forward.
I think it will prob need to be changed at Halifax where we buy the shares rather than Disney but ill try asking them thanks
Old 05-01-2013, 01:43 AM   #40
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Yes, it's at Halifax you do it, not with the shareholders club. You'll need to open a Halifax sharedealing account in your name then he needs to complete this form. Once the shares are showing in your name just apply to join the shareholders club in your name. You will need to load some money up with a debit card when you open the account (think it's £100) but once it's all up and running you can withdraw it.

I've been saving a bit here and there ever since we heard the news about the increase to 100 shares so bought some more yesterday and when DH transfers his over to me I'll have enough. We've talked about it and to be honest we don't really need to both be members as we always go together and in the unlikely event one of us were to visit on our own it would probably be me rather than him.

I also bought some more for DD, we'd given her 25 for her 18th birthday and as yesterday was her 21st it seemed 'meant to be'! She still needs another 25 but she's got Christmas and another birthday before her membership expires.

I wasn't particularly happy with the rate - would have preferred nearer 4 euros a share but at least it was under 5 euros which is what I've been waiting for and as my membership is expiring soon I decided not to risk waiting any longer ..... and I'm certainly no longer going to check the price every time I log on!
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris

Last edited by Ware Bears; 05-01-2013 at 01:51 AM. Reason: Euro sign not working
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:10 PM   #41
nl's mummy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ware Bears View Post
Yes, it's at Halifax you do it, not with the shareholders club. You'll need to open a Halifax sharedealing account in your name then he needs to complete this form. Once the shares are showing in your name just apply to join the shareholders club in your name. You will need to load some money up with a debit card when you open the account (think it's £100) but once it's all up and running you can withdraw it.

I've been saving a bit here and there ever since we heard the news about the increase to 100 shares so bought some more yesterday and when DH transfers his over to me I'll have enough. We've talked about it and to be honest we don't really need to both be members as we always go together and in the unlikely event one of us were to visit on our own it would probably be me rather than him.

I also bought some more for DD, we'd given her 25 for her 18th birthday and as yesterday was her 21st it seemed 'meant to be'! She still needs another 25 but she's got Christmas and another birthday before her membership expires.

I wasn't particularly happy with the rate - would have preferred nearer 4 euros a share but at least it was under 5 euros which is what I've been waiting for and as my membership is expiring soon I decided not to risk waiting any longer ..... and I'm certainly no longer going to check the price every time I log on!
Thank you ware bears its not due for renewal till next summer so plenty time to get it done we were just chatting and I said I might take kids with my mum nearer Xmas as hubby works offshore so might not be a home (I'm hoping for a wee flash sale deal) anyway I was saying how I can't use card as its in his name so we should swap it to me... My mum has a card though (well she will once she buys another 80 and renews) that's great that it can be done though thanks for the info again
Old 05-14-2013, 02:09 PM   #42
netimka
DIS Veteran

just got an email from Halifax, next commission fee offer day is on Tuesday 21st May with fees for £3.95 as last time

hths
Old 05-20-2013, 06:34 AM   #43
zinderella

New shareholders card arrived today, just in time for holiday!!

Old 05-20-2013, 08:28 AM   #44
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinderella View Post
New shareholders card arrived today, just in time for holiday!!
Fab news, does it need a photo on it as that was the rumour circulating at one time

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: