Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 10:14 AM   #1
kristenm514
Mouseketeer

Yak&Yeti or Tusker House? Or something else?

I've messed with our ADRs three times since making them (a week ago LOL) and now I'm thinking I'd like to mess with them again!

We are planning to go to AK on a day with no EMH, and easyWDW has it listed as the preferred park that day, so hopefully lines will be low. We are currently booked at Y&Y for 1:30. My thinking was that we'd hit the headliner rides in the morning and early afternoon, have a big lunch, then do shows/parade until it closes at 5. This may be a lofty goal with two little ones.
I'm thinking now that it may work better to do a late breakfast/early lunch at Tusker House -- then we can still knock out a couple rides before we eat, it will be more fun for the kids, and it's food that we can't get at home (Y&Y gets good reviews, but I'm worried it's still just Chinese food that we can get anywhere). Thoughts on this? Is Y&Y worth the price and lack of kid-centered atmosphere? We are doing 2 other character meals, so it's not a big deal to not have them, but I'd hate to spend that much money when we could go somewhere more unique and Disney-ish. I've never seen the inside of Y&Y though, so tell me if I'm wrong!

If we keep Y&Y, should I move it to an earlier ADR? 1:30 sounded good at the time, but I'm thinking it may be awfully late. If we do 9am RD and tour in the August heat all morning, we're going to want AC and food before then, yeah?

Another option would be to do breakfast at Captain's Grille or Cape May (we're staying at the YC), or even Kouzzina -- I love the looks of their breakfast menu! -- and just get CS at AK. Do any of the CS have air conditioned indoor seating?

TIA for the help! I've never done ADRs before, my other Disney trips were almost all CS with an occasional walk-up TS at Rainforest or something, so I am totally drowning in all the decisions (but loving it).
kristenm514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:24 AM   #2
jmcghee2024
DIS Veteran

Love Tusker House! I would suggest a late breakfast or early lunch there. Look at both the breakfast and lunch menu on allears.net and pick the one your family will most enjoy...both are great!
jmcghee2024 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 10:42 AM   #3
VillianDiva
Falling in LOVE with Disney!

I love the Tusker House breakfast and like to do that first thing in the morning. But, I also realy like Yak and Yeti! It would be such a tough choice.

But if I had to choose I would go with Tusker House for the Disney experience.

'08 (Dolphin) , '09 (All-Star Music),
Disneyland 2011, and 2012 (POP)!

December 2013! (POFQ)
May 2014! POP!!
VillianDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:43 AM   #4
DEA
DIS Veteran

Tusker House is my favorite inside-a-park 1TS restaurant at WDW. I would highly suggest having a meal there. The late-breakfast/early-luncn plan is a very good one. I like lunch better than breakfast there, but I know people rave about the juice for breakfast, and so it might be worth getting there before the breakfast service is done.

Pizzafari and Restaurantosaurus both have indoor/AC-ed seating, but Tusker House is better than those, IMO. Kouzzina's breakfast is good, but looks better on paper than it plays, I think, once the food is on the table.

DIS Dads Member #432
DEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:49 AM   #5
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Tusker House is excellent.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:56 AM   #6
sabcook
Mouseketeer

Conside heading over to AKL for a mid day break at Saana. You can get a table by the window and watch the animals on the savannah. It is a very quick bus trip from AK and the reviews seems to be pretty spectacular (we are trying it for the first time this year).
Old 04-25-2013, 02:51 PM   #7
kristenm514
Mouseketeer

Sold! Changing to a 10:10 reservation at Tusker House! It'll only give us about an hour to tour before we eat, but that should be enough time to do a headliner or two, and grab a FP before our ADR. Thanks for the input!
kristenm514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:46 PM   #8
katt789
DIS Veteran

I would suggest an early lunch at Tusker! There's a little more variety in the food than you would get at breakfast, but still lots of stuff that picky eaters wouldn't be afraid to try! I loved lunch there!
Yak and Yeti is neat and delicious, and their food is better than the average Chinese fair when you do TS, but I would prefer TH.

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: