Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 07:17 AM   #1
trewin
Mouseketeer

Apple Stroller Review

We just got back- used Apple Scooter for Stroller. Our first stroller was broke, part of the folding mechanism was broke and stuck out into my daughter's seat- I called, they brought a new one to our resort. Lol, then they forgot the seat inserts w/ the new one so they actually brought them to our table while we were eating @ Epcot. Each time I called, the issues were taken care of within two hours. They come to you, which is nice! You don't have to walk all the way to main entrance. The rain cover wasn't city mini brand and didn't fit right, it was a pain. one step ahead??? I think the brand was.... And they forgot my parent console too. I would probably use them again though, since they took care of the major issues right away and they were really nice about it.
trewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:14 PM   #2
Annie78
Mouseketeer

Ugh, I'm really considering cancelling my upcoming reservation, assuming I can still reserve from another company. I've read so many of these stories about forgotten items and needing to have replacements delivered. The "getting the kinks worked out of a new business" explanation only lasts so long...
Annie78 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 02:24 PM   #3
Momma2PrinceNPrinces
DIS Veteran

I have a reservation with them for our June trip. I had a slight issue (was double charged on my cc for the full rental amount), but the issue was taken care of immediately. Yes they are new to the stroller rental business, but their customer service so far has been top notch. I think the thing to remember here is that they went out of their way to fix OPs situation. So why cancel?

WDW '81, '90, '98,'02, '06 (US day trip after Carnival Cruise),'11 ,'13, '14, '15 (US/IOA)

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/uwdk55avik9l4cm1.png[/img]
Momma2PrinceNPrinces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:42 PM   #4
Annie78
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2PrinceNPrinces View Post
I have a reservation with them for our June trip. I had a slight issue (was double charged on my cc for the full rental amount), but the issue was taken care of immediately. Yes they are new to the stroller rental business, but their customer service so far has been top notch. I think the thing to remember here is that they went out of their way to fix OPs situation. So why cancel?
To me, needing three deliveries to provide a working stroller to OP, and then still leaving out a promised accessory, is not adequate customer service. My upcoming trip is short and I want a complete, working stroller right off the bat. I've seen enough mentions of experiences like OP's on this board or babycenter that the $30 savings of Apple vs the company I used last time just isn't worth the risk to me. The ill-fitting rain cover was the last straw, since rain now looks likely.
I hope Apple works out their growing pains, but for this trip I'm going to stick with someone more established.
Annie78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:13 PM   #5
Schmeck
Funny thing is now my 17 year old naps almost every day and so do I!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trewin View Post
We just got back- used Apple Scooter for Stroller. Our first stroller was broke,
They usually don't come with money...
Aug '05 - BC Aug '04 - PC, AKL
Oct '02 - AKL, POR May '99 - CBR
May '96 - CBR Dec '80 - offsite
Schmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:43 PM   #6
ceemys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmeck View Post
They usually don't come with money...
That comment actually made me Laugh out loud!

ceemys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:49 PM   #7
purpledisneyprncess
DIS Veteran

We used them for our late March/early April trip and for the price we received ($6 a day!) I would use them again. The stroller we got was clean and worked fine. I can understand people having reservations about them though, since they are new in the "stroller" business and might have some kinks to work out.
purpledisneyprncess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:26 PM   #8
Shanna-like-Banana
DIS Veteran

Ou stroller was just OK for us, granted we have rented BOB dullies before.

We have older kids, and we are about 15 lbs away from the weight max, and pushing the Citi Mini, you could feel it for sure.

We did reserve a rain cover, it didn't come with one though. I had already brought a backup, a clear plastic shower curtain with clothe pins, so we just used that. I did call them and tell them it didn't come, they apologized, I told them I had a back up.

The "feet shelf" for their feet is just way to shallow on this stroller, it's maybe 2 inches deep.

If we ever need a stroller again, we'll go back to the BOB, that things is a dream, you can literally push it with 1 finger and turns on a dime !
Shanna-like-Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:37 PM   #9
AngolaHeartsDisney
A a dream is a wish your heart makes

Location: Western New York- On the lake- okay across from it!

Our past trip in December we rented a double from Orlando stroller rental and I had no issues at all. The stroller was in great condition. It came with the stroller cover, and parent console. It was a god sent! I will be using them again in october.
Disney Family:
Me(37)DH(35) DD(8):DS(soon to be 3)
AngolaHeartsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: