Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 05:18 PM   #16
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Who View Post
Try a glass of Magicale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Who View Post
Oh, that's going to make a couple of my friends really, really happy. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
That is seriously good to know.

OP I would go for as simple as possible. Juice and alcohol are going to be bad enough, but if your blood sugar reacts anything like my husband's, if you get some fruity drink that's blended with some HFCS-sweetened stuff it might shoot your levels through the roof.

I like glow cubes and I like simple. I don't know the name of them, but there are a couple drinks made with organic juices, etc, and those taste really lovely.
You are both very welcome, glad I was able to help. I love me some Rosa Regale!! It's pretty magical. :D

OP the Mojito at Carthay was pretty decent.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:38 PM   #17
Astylla
Disney Fanatic

I had 3 glasses of Rosa Regale at Steakhouse 55 and easily could have downed a bottle alone. Best sparkling wine ever.
Astylla is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 06:34 PM   #18
aliceindisneyland
DIS Veteran

I don't know what the sugar level is but Storytellers carries hard cider in a bottle--refreshing and not like a beer, more like a less-sweet wine cooler. Has anyone found the hard cider at other DLR restaurants?
Do you like Bloody Marys? They just have the basic stuff to doctor it up but the base is respectable at Trader Sam's and Cove Bar. Carthay Circle as I recall uses real horseradish but don't hold me to it--we try out Bloody Marys everywhere we go
I have loved all of the drinks I've tried on the drink menus, but all were super sweet and light on the alcohol. I think they have some sugar free mixers, syrups, etc. So you should be able to find something that appeals to you.

Last edited by aliceindisneyland; 04-25-2013 at 06:40 PM.
aliceindisneyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:53 PM   #19
JalenJade
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
You can ask for soda water instead of Sprite in the cozy cone drinks, so that helps cut down on sugar.
Good to know.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, this gives me more to research and will help me kill time.
JalenJade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:54 PM   #20
LisainCalifornia
DIS Veteran

Sutter Home wine in the little single serve bottles. You can pack it in your luggage easy enough(comes in plastic, not glass!) and it only costs about a dollar plus some change for one serving. Drink it in your hotel room while your kids are taking their late afternoon nap, and you will all be relaxed for an evening of parades and fireworks!
LisainCalifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:12 AM   #21
JalenJade
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisainCalifornia View Post
Sutter Home wine in the little single serve bottles. You can pack it in your luggage easy enough(comes in plastic, not glass!) and it only costs about a dollar plus some change for one serving. Drink it in your hotel room while your kids are taking their late afternoon nap, and you will all be relaxed for an evening of parades and fireworks!
Transporting alcohol across state lines where I live is very, very, very illegal. (I think that's mostly to bringing it INTO the state but I don't want to find out there's some stupid law about going out of the state the hard way.) I'm not going to have a car to shop at a local store while I'm at DLR either.
JalenJade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:55 AM   #22
aliceindisneyland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenJade View Post
Transporting alcohol across state lines where I live is very, very, very illegal. (I think that's mostly to bringing it INTO the state but I don't want to find out there's some stupid law about going out of the state the hard way.) I'm not going to have a car to shop at a local store while I'm at DLR either.
OP is from AZ traveling to CA; would not be a problem as long as there is no open container in the passenger area of the car. Booze is cool; just don't try to cross into CA with an apple!
aliceindisneyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:16 AM   #23
GrandBob
Grand events should not go unnoticed
That's the Disney master plan!
For a carnivore, it was very good indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
OP I would go for as simple as possible. Juice and alcohol are going to be bad enough, but if your blood sugar reacts anything like my husband's, if you get some fruity drink that's blended with some HFCS-sweetened stuff it might shoot your levels through the roof.
I agree. Last time we were at Sam's, DW ordered the Piranha Pool. Sounds great - strawberry, pineapple, Blue Curacao. But she was seriously bouncing off the walls afterward, due to the sugar content. And she's not at all diabetic!

I think you need to be careful with the fruit/rum drinks at Sams if you have blood sugar problems.

-Bob
GrandBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:23 AM   #24
sonnyjane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenJade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliceindisneyland View Post
OP is from AZ traveling to CA; would not be a problem as long as there is no open container in the passenger area of the car. Booze is cool; just don't try to cross into CA with an apple!
JalenJade IS the OP
sonnyjane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:31 AM   #25
scarlet_ibis
"GET UP AND GET ON THE BUS!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinup Mommy View Post
If you are sharing. I usally like to buy a bottles of Dr. Loosen Riesling at the Hearthstone Lounge in GCH ($40.00) It is very refreshing and the markup on it in not bad. You can also buy it by the glass in DCA ($8.00)
The Dr. L is pretty good. Stay away from the Riesling at Flo's, though.

I really enjoyed the frozen mango margarita I got from the pool bar at the GCH. You could probably get that at Hearthstone, too. Tortilla Jo's had a decent classic margarita as well.

We tried to have wine delivered with our groceries from Von's, but it was a huge mess. While my mom was there when it was delivered, nobody attempted to contact her to have her show ID and sign for the delivery, so they took it back. And they didn't deliver our bacon, either, which is probably a bigger sin...
Off-property trips circa 1999, 1991, 1981
scarlet_ibis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:03 PM   #26
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliceindisneyland View Post
I've never had problems with apples, just oranges and sometimes bananas. lol

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:58 PM   #27
Purrkins
Mouseketeer

We drink at UVA wine bar in Downtown Disney.

Flask of Old Overholt rye for the hotel room.

Southern California brews some of the best beer in the world and is known for it's Double IPA (DIPA or West Coast Style IPA) - over hopped, strong and bitter. Worth checking out for you and your beer loving friends.
Purrkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:07 PM   #28
Fuhnuh
Mouseketeer

If you want to try some excellent and interesting cocktails, the Napa Rose lounge has some great drinks and mixologists. I would look at their drink menu and see if the drinks appeal to you. They have a lot more drinks in their basket than that, but it will give you an idea of what they offer. If you go, the bartenders will be glad to suggest a drink. The margarita they serve is wonderful. If you are adventurous, the Last Word is one of my favorite cocktails and they put up a pretty darn good one.
Fuhnuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:06 PM   #29
bcla
DIS Veteran

I'm rather a fan of a brown bag back in the hotel room.
bcla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:11 PM   #30
TigerlilyAJ
DIS Veteran

Flo's V8 Cafe: the organic sangria. It's a ridiculously small glass with ice to boot, but it's less than $7, and really good. Maybe get two.
Mad T Party: Long Island Iced Tea with a glow cube. Beware, though, as they are potent.
TigerlilyAJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: