Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 03:48 PM   #31
Spacedog1975
Mouseketeer

I like the idea of a WOC installation at DAK, but I thought they didn't do late shows there (and closed early) for the sake of the animals. Fireworks or no, this would still be a night-time show. Right?
Spacedog1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:56 PM   #32
WDWChloe
WDW Annual Passholder

IF this were true, how does World of Color fit in with Epcot? I can't see it.

IG: @chloelovesdisney
WDWChloe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 04:11 PM   #33
MissPrincessKendall
Earning My Ears

Legit the people on here attacking the OP have no lives.

Listen people this is a public forum to talk about Disney in every aspect and share information, rumors, fun facts, ideas and so on.

The fact that you are legit getting nasty over the word "official" y'all are strung way to tight.

Lay off the poster and enjoy the forum like the rest of us. Comment on anything you want but you do not have to be rude in the process.

So what she/he said its official via a cast member. The poster was just making the rumor known hence the rumor forum!
MissPrincessKendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:19 PM   #34
flashcal
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog1134 View Post
I don't think anyone doubts that the OP was given this information. They are just saying using the word "official" implies a level of confirmation that just doesn't exist in this situation.
So WHAT. Who cares really. It's not a big deal. Move along if you don't agree. Giving them a hard time is unacceptable. Every time. Unacceptable. No exceptions.
flashcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:28 PM   #35
anthony2k7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashcal View Post
So WHAT. Who cares really. It's not a big deal. Move along if you don't agree. Giving them a hard time is unacceptable. Every time. Unacceptable. No exceptions.
So all these "official" announcements by new members should go unchallenged? and there for left for all other members who may not know any better to assume to be true?

That doesn't seem fair on other people. It also doesn't seem fair on disboards itself because it may then get a reputation for spreading untrue rumours as official facts.
anthony2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:52 PM   #36
MissPrincessKendall
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony2k7 View Post

So all these "official" announcements by new members should go unchallenged? and there for left for all other members who may not know any better to assume to be true?

That doesn't seem fair on other people. It also doesn't seem fair on disboards itself because it may then get a reputation for spreading untrue rumours as official facts.
OMG leave it alone already. New members? What is this some club only "cool " kids get Into. It is a public forum for fun and information. This is the Disney rumors section!

The definition of a rumor is " a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth" so the poster did nothing wrong but post a rumor in the rumor section.. Lay off
MissPrincessKendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:56 PM   #37
anthony2k7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPrincessKendall View Post
OMG leave it alone already. New members? What is this some club only "cool " kids get Into. It is a public forum for fun and information. This is the Disney rumors section!

The definition of a rumor is " a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth" so the poster did nothing wrong but post a rumor in the rumor section.. Lay off
Unfortunately, it is also the "News" section. What distinguishes the OP's post as a rumor rather than news?? - especially when it contains words like "its official" in the title!
Old 04-25-2013, 04:59 PM   #38
flashcal
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony2k7 View Post

You have missed the point. The point is Who Cares,really. This is not life or death, no money has been lost or stolen. No one will be hurt. And anyone who believes they or anyone else may be somehow hurt by believing a rumor is a fact, is kidding themselves and just justifying rude behavior for the most part. If no one is getting hurt, then ignore it and don't be rude.
Too many people have been attacked and disillusioned when they simply misspeak or say the "wrong" word.
It isn't right. Leave them alone.
flashcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:03 PM   #39
anthony2k7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You have missed the point. The point is Who Cares,really. This is not life or death, no money has been lost or stolen. No one will be hurt. And anyone who believes they or anyone else may be somehow hurt by believing a rumor is a fact, is kidding themselves and just justifying rude behavior for the most part. If no one is getting hurt, then ignore it and don't be rude.
Too many people have been attacked and disillusioned when they simply misspeak or say the "wrong" word.
I'm not attacking anyone.

People come here looking for information which they expect to have an element of truth to it.

Posting a pack of rumors as official is not helping anyone and generally fits the description of trolling.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:57 PM   #40
DizneyPilot
Earning My Ears

anthony2k7 and those like him take the fun out of visiting this website. So what if the OP is new. There is no caste system here. This is a public forum open to all those who love Disney. Lighten up!
DizneyPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:18 PM   #41
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Sigh...once again, we get an "official" statement that isn't official, people pipe up saying it isn't official, and other people pipe up saying how all the previous people are being mean and have no lives, when only one or two posts are even approaching it...

Yes, this is a public forum. People are free to post what they want, within the rules.

And people have to expect that such a post may elicit criticism, which they may not like. Because for the same reason - it's a public forum.

If you feel a post is against the rules, report it. But trust me...things aren't going to change. This board has been around for years, and it's been that way for years. Other boards are very similar, no matter their size.

As for who can get hurt - well, if an inexperienced person came here, read that post, and went to WDW expecting to see WoC because it was "official", well...

Now, as for the actual content, there are just too many problems with bringing WoC to WDW, as mentioned. They'd have to get rid of the boats that travel between the Showcase Plaza and Morocco/Germany as well, and build a new boat/maintenance facility since the current one is by the African Outpost, and they wouldn't be able to take the boats from Crescent Lake through the lagoon any more.

Thinking out loud...

Where _could_ they do it? Within the parks, I'm not sure.

They could, in theory, cordone off a smaller area of the lagoon, but contamination is too easy from the adjoining water (one of the reason River Country isn't likely to re-open).

There is room for it in the larger water area of AK - but again, keeping it clean could be tough.

Hmm...if they got rid of the Rivers of America/Tom Sawyers Island, they could potentially do it in that area.

Out of parks, Crescent Lake or Buena Vista Lagoon (between DTD and SSR) are big enough. The former has the same boat problem as WS Lagoon. The latter has some boats that could be terminated on West Side. And it would bring more interest to the area (especially with the revamp coming), but how they'd get people to pay for it would be a challenge.

And still, they are all "natural" water areas, which is part of the problem.

But all of those are "natural" water areas.

I really think they'd have to build a "pool" for it.

There aren't many of those in the main parks.

Maybe they could replace Fantasmic, but I don't see that happening, and I'm not sure how much space they need - the Fantasmic area is overall smaller - It's probably short by about 50 feet, and that doesn't include a buffer area (WoC appears to be roughly 360 feet wide). Echo Lake is even smaller.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:21 PM   #42
ramsfootball92
Mouseketeer

2 cents

My thoughts are it boils down to perception...A new poster may inadvertently post a rumor as 'official' without being aware of the firestorm that may follow. True, there may also be trolls but the newbie missteps are most likely the cause for most inaccurate 'official' information.

I am sensitive so a few of the comments have seemed harsh to me. For others, such as my sister, probably not so much. I think that we should all consider our audience prior to posting.

There is a simple, tactful way to say 'Disboards has found that the term official is appropriate if there is a press release or -fill in the blank- to corroborate the information. Thanks for posting and welcome!' Or a variation of this.

To the OP and all posters, have a magical day!

me (39) , DH - (42) , DS - (21) ,DS - (20) , DD - (19) , DS - (14) , DD - (14) , DGD , DDogs - Praline and Ginger

04/81 - off-site, 4/06 - OKW, 4/07 - OKW, 04/08 - SSR, 2/09 thru 3/09 - OKW and BWV, 6/09 All-Star Sports, THV and OKW, 06/10 - AKV, 11/10 - CBR and OKW, 03/11 - OKW, 04/11 - THV, 10/11 - SSR, WL, Poly and BLT, 3/12 - YC and AKV, 5/12 - OKW and BLT, 10/12 - offsite (boo!), 3/14 - AKV

ramsfootball92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:36 PM   #43
Mickfarland4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I have noticed that some posters are very rude to people when there is absolutely no need to be. If you can't say anything nice....
Mickfarland4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:10 PM   #44
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

Is the filtering of water issue because the audience gets sprayed? Or is it because the fountains require it to function?

And what is the deal with the mud slinging in this thread?
Old 04-25-2013, 09:14 PM   #45
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbDave View Post
Is the filtering of water issue because the audience gets sprayed? Or is it because the fountains require it to function?
I think it is more to prevent clogging of valves, mucking up joints, etc.

Quote:
And what is the deal with the mud slinging in this thread?
I've seen more complaints about the mudslinging than the mud itself...which also needs to be kept out of the lagoon

FYI, they did the BIG announcement just a few minutes ago. You know what's coming to Epcot? Nothing. Not. A. Thing.

It was all for 24-hour park day on May 24th, for MK, DL and CA parks. [Edited: got confused]

The only reason it was at Epcot was so they could use Spaceship Earth as a giant Mike Wazowski.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

Last edited by doconeill; 04-25-2013 at 09:19 PM.
doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: