Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 10:28 AM   #16
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniegirl19 View Post
if I'm wrong i apologize I'm just saying what someone told me... to me i don't think it seems likely either but who knows with disney we will see
You don't even believe it's true but you claimed "its official"

based on a comment from a CM

Maybe if your source was something credible, like a bus driver.
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:41 AM   #17
Jen0504
Mouseketeer

Wow I feel bad for the original poster!! Last time I checked this is an open forum for people who love Disney to be able to feel welcome amongst other people who love Disney. I'm sure intentions were good, and I'm sure they will now be leery to post anything in the future. I recommended Dis Forums to my sister, and she just joined yesterday. After seeing the reactions to this post she is now hesitant to ever post anything on here. She has stated that she thought this forum was supposed to be "Magical".
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 10:48 AM   #18
Reddog1134
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rteetz View Post
It's hard to give a show to AK because of the animals and the fireworks issue so that probably won't happen. This is exciting but sad at the same time I've always loved illuminations i think it would be really cool to some how combine the two shows at Epcot. Illuminations is just one of those things I always look forward to at Epcot it's one of the best shows around but I have not seen the WoC so idk what to think of this right now. I've also always wanted to see illuminations at Christmas time I've heard for the fireworks are amazing so we will just have to wait and see what happens.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
World of Color has no Fireworks (that I'm aware of) but you would have the same problem at AK as you would Epcot. A stand alone body of water that can kept clean and house the hardware needed for the show.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:59 AM   #19
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog1134 View Post

World of Color has no Fireworks (that I'm aware of) but you would have the same problem at AK as you would Epcot. A stand alone body of water that can kept clean and house the hardware needed for the show.
Exactly AK doesn't have a good sport for the WoC they would need to build something for it at AK

rteetz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:41 AM   #20
DanBoris
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen0504 View Post
Wow I feel bad for the original poster!! Last time I checked this is an open forum for people who love Disney to be able to feel welcome amongst other people who love Disney. I'm sure intentions were good, and I'm sure they will now be leery to post anything in the future. I recommended Dis Forums to my sister, and she just joined yesterday. After seeing the reactions to this post she is now hesitant to ever post anything on here. She has stated that she thought this forum was supposed to be "Magical".
None of the responses to the OP were nasty, they were just pointing out that the information may not be reliable. If you are going to post something as "official news" you need to be sure you can back it up. If the op had titled the thread "Rumor: WOC replacing Illumination" it wouldn't have been so bad.
DanBoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:46 AM   #21
dgramling
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by rteetz View Post
Exactly AK doesn't have a good sport for the WoC they would need to build something for it at AK

Jim Hill Reported a while back that Disney Imagineers did intend to put WoC in the lagoon at AK near the Finding Nemo thearter, but after visiting DCA and talking to the Imagineers there they relized there was no way to keep the water clean enough for the fountains without it being a isolated body of water
Old 04-25-2013, 11:48 AM   #22
twebber55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgramling View Post
Jim Hill Reported a while back that Disney Imagineers did intend to put WoC in the lagoon at AK near the Finding Nemo thearter, but after visiting DCA and talking to the Imagineers there they relized there was no way to keep the water clean enough for the fountains without it being a isolated body of water
thats why if you did it at DAK it would have to be in a new facility maybe near the front of the park
June 2010 BWV
June 2011 VB
June 2011 BC
June 2012 BC
June 2012 THV
June 2014 BC
twebber55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:03 PM   #23
dgramling
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by twebber55 View Post

thats why if you did it at DAK it would have to be in a new facility maybe near the front of the park
They could in theory in ether Epcot or AK do what they did for River Country and have the bodies of water separated by a membrane or a plexiglass tub, river country had a sand bottom and was separated from Bay Lake by a rubber membrane that was only a few inches higher than the surface of the lake they could have something like an infinity edge pool. It would all be how much they want to spend.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:25 PM   #24
Alice Royal
Eighteen, female, Florida resident, Disney addict. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen0504 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBoris View Post
None of the responses to the OP were nasty, they were just pointing out that the information may not be reliable. If you are going to post something as "official news" you need to be sure you can back it up. If the op had titled the thread "Rumor: WOC replacing Illumination" it wouldn't have been so bad.
In every forum, there are rules of etiquette and common sense. For a Disney forum, this is even more so. It is generally accepted that the word 'official' means that there are sources to be cited such as press releases or official Disney communications. CMs and bus drivers are not 'official' sources. The OP made the mistake of A) classifying a rumour as 'official' and B) posting a daring/controversial topic without posting much else or having many posts under their belt. Yes, this seems very odd in comparison to the rules of etiquette in 'real life'; however, the Internet is a very different place.

The OP is not a bad person. The Internet is a hostile-seeming place to those who aren't used to it. Your friend will most likely never encounter this hostility.

THE FAMILY
Me (18) DBF (18)
AP Holders and Proud Florida Residents since 2013!

THE FAM BACK HOME IN NH

DMom DDad DB (13)
Alice Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:23 PM   #25
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgramling View Post

That's exactly it they would really need to put some major money into a lagoon at AK

Old 04-25-2013, 02:37 PM   #26
anthony2k7
DIS Veteran

No offence to the OP, but this thread is very reminiscent of the "confirmed" 5th park coming thread from a couple of weeks ago!

New user joins, within a few posts they post a fairly unlikely rumor as official from a supposedly reliable source.

Just saying.
anthony2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:56 PM   #27
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony2k7 View Post
No offence to the OP, but this thread is very reminiscent of the "confirmed" 5th park coming thread from a couple of weeks ago!

New user joins, within a few posts they post a fairly unlikely rumor as official from a supposedly reliable source.

Just saying.
You have a great point

Old 04-25-2013, 03:19 PM   #28
flashcal
Earning My Ears

Don't worry OP. I believe you. I have heard it too over and over. This forum is full of awful people who have nothing better to do than nitpick and try to shame you. I was called a liar, gay, a high school boy(I'm a 40 yo woman). When I finally had enough I got banned for defending myself and the apparent homophobe bullies went on their merry.
Just let it roll off and know there are plenty of good folks who believe you.
flashcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:41 PM   #29
Reddog1134
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashcal View Post
Don't worry OP. I believe you. I have heard it too over and over. This forum is full of awful people who have nothing better to do than nitpick and try to shame you. I was called a liar, gay, a high school boy(I'm a 40 yo woman). When I finally had enough I got banned for defending myself and the apparent homophobe bullies went on their merry.
Just let it roll off and know there are plenty of good folks who believe you.
I don't think anyone doubts that the OP was given this information. They are just saying using the word "official" implies a level of confirmation that just doesn't exist in this situation.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:42 PM   #30
MinervaMouse
Earning My Ears

If WoC replaces Illuminations, I might as well not go to Epcot at night anymore and make it a half-day visit. That's still an important show, even if it is dated. Maybe if they took a few elements from WoC and recreated Illuminations, the issue of filtering the water still remains. And I've said this before, as much as I love the two, I don't think WoC would be the same at WDW. Long story short, Illuminations is the last thing Epcot needs to invest in renovating right now.

MinervaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: