Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2013, 05:37 PM   #136
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlatina32 View Post
"official" when you know well and good exactly what she meant to say. It was almost like people were making her out to feel stupid just because she has few posts. So What?! Come on Disers. Act like you guys have some sense and some act right. Geez!
When I clicked on the thread I expected the OP to offer a summary of a Disney press release with a link to the complete version.

Have some sense? Posting a CM rumor as an official fact, in a thread title no less.

edited to add I'm not going to go back and read every post, my memory is the comments were relatively mild and informative. Say nothing and the OP won't correct her posting style.
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:23 PM   #137
Rhongepooh
I must ponder this news

OP , I'm sorry for some of the posts here. Recently I posted something and realized just how ugly some people can be online. I hope you don't get disillusioned with the site from a few bad eggs. I found there are some great people here and great info. Just read into some of the bad posts that their lives must be bad if they have to be ugly to someone they don't even know!

BTW, I'd love Fanrasmic but would also love to see World of Color somewhere at WDW. I read about these mouse ears that light up and make up part of the show? Sounds pretty cool!
Register to remove

Old 06-06-2013, 08:32 PM   #138
twebber55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhongepooh View Post
OP , I'm sorry for some of the posts here. Recently I posted something and realized just how ugly some people can be online. I hope you don't get disillusioned with the site from a few bad eggs. I found there are some great people here and great info. Just read into some of the bad posts that their lives must be bad if they have to be ugly to someone they don't even know!

BTW, I'd love Fanrasmic but would also love to see World of Color somewhere at WDW. I read about these mouse ears that light up and make up part of the show? Sounds pretty cool!
Would love to see WOC at animal kingdom
June 2010 BWV
June 2011 VB
June 2011 BC
June 2012 BC
June 2012 THV
June 2014 BC
twebber55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:10 AM   #139
jlatina32
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewisc View Post
When I clicked on the thread I expected the OP to offer a summary of a Disney press release with a link to the complete version.

Have some sense? Posting a CM rumor as an official fact, in a thread title no less.

edited to add I'm not going to go back and read every post, my memory is the comments were relatively mild and informative. Say nothing and the OP won't correct her posting style.
I understand what you are saying. It is very important to let the OP know how to go about posting up rumors or "official" information and having some details to back up whatever claims are being made. However, the "have some sense" comment was directed more so towards those who responded to the post. They were rude and obnoxious to her and I made it my business to point out that "those people" should have more sense and addressed her differently. How is anyone supposed to feel welcomed on the Disboards when others respond so rudely? Just Sayin'.

Art of Animation - Little Mermaid 8/2013
jlatina32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:00 AM   #140
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewisc View Post

I too don't remember any really bad posts but they may have been deleted by a mod. I do remember a few honestly upset people who fell for the Title and expected real info, particularly a few days after the post.

This is the kind of post that only works one day a year.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:09 AM   #141
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartle View Post
I too don't remember any really bad posts but they may have been deleted by a mod. I do remember a few honestly upset people who fell for the Title and expected real info, particularly a few days after the post.

This is the kind of post that only works one day a year.
Same here...but there have been several threads lately of similar nature (X is coming, mark my words, it's official...), some of which there WERE some nasty responses (several threads have been locked for a time for "cleansing" and cool down), but others responses were civilized and still being called rude or uncalled for.

What's even more interesting is that I don't recall a single "X is coming" post actually turning out to be true, either, recently. You'd think by the law of averages at least one would be right...
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:14 AM   #142
Jen0504
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlatina32 View Post
I understand what you are saying. It is very important to let the OP know how to go about posting up rumors or "official" information and having some details to back up whatever claims are being made. However, the "have some sense" comment was directed more so towards those who responded to the post. They were rude and obnoxious to her and I made it my business to point out that "those people" should have more sense and addressed her differently. How is anyone supposed to feel welcomed on the Disboards when others respond so rudely? Just Sayin'.
Exactly!
Old 06-07-2013, 11:13 AM   #143
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Every darn time I see "It's official" it totally throws me off when it's not really official. I've seen this thread a hundred times and every time it bothers me that Disney is taking away Illuminations, but they really aren't.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:30 AM   #144
StephyDee
One day the tag fairy will pity me enough to give me an awesome tag. Until then?.....BACON AND DUCKS! >:D

Okay, I've noticed this thread for ages now, and I've held it in for so long, but I just have to ask. Why hasn't the OP (or even a mod for that matter) changed the title to where it doesn't say "it's official"? It obviously isn't, but people are still being fooled into it, getting confused/excited/devastated/etc. and clicking the link. I mean, keep the topic, but at least change the title to where we discuss what'd happen IF WoC did indeed replace Illuminations?

I want no trouble here, I just don't want more people to be misled.

My Ultimate Dream: To see Walt Disney World during Christmas time...and not worry about how much it costs to reach that dream...*sigh*
StephyDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:45 PM   #145
Disney25th
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael623 View Post
How could you title your post "official" when it is a clearly unsubstantiated rumor? With only 8 posts under your belt your going to develop a reputation very quickly.
HEY MICHAEL!!!!!!!!! GO EASY ON HER SHE IS NEW>..Lighten up!!
Disney25th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:20 PM   #146
flashcal
Earning My Ears

If I hear one more person say "remove the word official because someone could be fooled into believing its true", my brain is going to pop.

Seriously..? We' re worried about someone being "fooled" so much that it keeps getting harped on again and again.

Apparently this is the level on which this board deals, on an all too regular basis. Step away from the keyboard, and go back to playing Halo, and I promise you that no one will be maimed or die because of "official".

No need to beat this dead horse. Just move on if you don't like it.
flashcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:22 PM   #147
DPCummerbund
Mouseketeer

Well, it appears that the OP only made 8 posts total and then disappeared after being flamed to death, so to job well done there...

I think part of the confusion comes from experience. To somebody new to WDW or DIS, hearing something from a cast member qualifies as "official". More experienced people know that just because one CM (out of thousands, who probably doesn't have firsthand knowledge of a project) tells you something doesn't mean it's "official".

Yet how many more experienced people take the word of one CM from 10 years ago as "official" in other ways? For example (just to drag in more controversy, because there's not enough here), many people think that their refillable mugs are good "forever" just because a sign over the drink machine 10 years ago said so? Sure, a printed sign is different than simple word of mouth, but did the CM who made the sign have the official right to do so? Was that something that Disney "officially" offered, or did many CMs and managers just think it was so? Who knows? And how many people continue to refill their old mugs, IN SPITE of signs saying that you shouldn't, just because the CM near the mug station didn't say anything and/or allowed it after a protest, so that makes it officially okay?

Official, when it comes to Disney (or other huge companies) is a very nebulous term. Please stop being so hard on newbies for not understanding this.

Last edited by DPCummerbund; 06-08-2013 at 08:17 PM.
DPCummerbund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:49 PM   #148
jimsanfilippo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephyDee View Post
Okay, I've noticed this thread for ages now, and I've held it in for so long, but I just have to ask. Why hasn't the OP (or even a mod for that matter) changed the title to where it doesn't say "it's official"? It obviously isn't, but people are still being fooled into it, getting confused/excited/devastated/etc. and clicking the link. I mean, keep the topic, but at least change the title to where we discuss what'd happen IF WoC did indeed replace Illuminations?

I want no trouble here, I just don't want more people to be misled.
Agree 100%. I just wasted 10 minutes of my life because of the title.
2014 Animal Kingdom Villas, 2013 Pop Century Resort, 2012 Orbit One Villas/Comfort Suites Maingate East, 2012 (Disneyland) HoJo Plaza Hotel Anaheim, 2012 Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, 2012 Bay Lake Towers, 2011 (Disneyland) Grand Californian Villas, 2011 Windsor Hills Resort, 2010 (Disneyland) Peacock Suites, 2010 The Palms Hotels & Villas, 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas, 2009 Liki Tiki Village, 2008 Magical Memories Villas, 2006 Coronado Springs/Comfort Suites Maingate East, 2006 Comfort Suites Maingate East, 2005 Wilderness Lodge, 2004 Universal Studios Area Hotel, 2003 Wilderness Lodge, 1997 Wilderness Lodge/Niki Bird, 1991 Small cheap motel, 1990 Small cheap motel, 1981 Orlando Area Campground
jimsanfilippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:56 PM   #149
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

The OP has not logged in since shortly after the post. I've reported the thread to have a mod perhaps change it, but obviously they haven't.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: