Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-24-2013, 10:33 PM   #1
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,453

Arrow 5 night dining rotation on the Wonder- questions?

Hi. I have a couple of questions regarding the 5 night dining rotation on the wonder.

I know there is a semi-formal night. Which night of the cruise it it?

Which night of the cruise is the pirate party night?

Is there a better MDR to be in for either of these nights?

Anything else I should know or you wish you had known regarding dining on your first Wonder cruise?


__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:40 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessShmoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 18,145

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Hi. I have a couple of questions regarding the 5 night dining rotation on the wonder.

I know there is a semi-formal night. Which night of the cruise it it?

Which night of the cruise is the pirate party night?

Is there a better MDR to be in for either of these nights?

Anything else I should know or you wish you had known regarding dining on your first Wonder cruise?


Apparently it's called Dress Up night (at least it was in 2012) and it's night 2, the same night as The Golden Mickeys.

Pirate night is usually night 4, but I don't know for sure about that.

We've always just gone with the rotation that DCL has given us. We've never requested to be in a specific MDR for a specific night.

Some people feel it's nicer to be in Triton's for formal night and/or Parrot Cay for Pirate night. It really won't make any difference. The atmosphere within the MDRs will fit the theme of the night.
__________________


13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-24-2013, 11:32 PM   #3
MikeAndNick
If you can dream it, you can do it.
 
MikeAndNick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 745

This is not the Wonder but the Magic on a 5 night cruise. If you look at the Navigators; night 3 is Dress Up Night and night 4 is Pirate Night.

"04/25/12 - 5-Night Key West - Disney Magic (Thanks to 1153rsmith)
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruis...-navigator.htm
__________________
Mike and Nick
Disney Cruise Lines: Wonder Land and Sea – Bahamas 2005, Magic Eastbound Trans Atlantic 2010, Magic Mexican Riviera Nov 20, 2011, Fantasy Western Caribbean June 23, 2012, Wonder Bahamian December 14, 2013
Princess Cruse Lines: Panama Canal 2006, San Francisco Alaska June 19, 2011, Pacific Coast Nov 24, 2013
Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines: Mexican Riviera 2009
Carnival Cruise Lines: Encanta Mexico 2009
NCL Cruise Lines: Mexican Riviera 2008
MikeAndNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:21 AM   #4
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,453

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
Apparently it's called Dress Up night (at least it was in 2012) and it's night 2, the same night as The Golden Mickeys.

Pirate night is usually night 4, but I don't know for sure about that.

We've always just gone with the rotation that DCL has given us. We've never requested to be in a specific MDR for a specific night.

Some people feel it's nicer to be in Triton's for formal night and/or Parrot Cay for Pirate night. It really won't make any difference. The atmosphere within the MDRs will fit the theme of the night.

Thank you! I've been reading little tidbits about people wanting to be in a certain dining room for certain nights but can't figure out why.

Thank you for the info on the formal and pirate nights too. I cannot find a Navigator that fits our cruise and I've looked all over.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeAndNick View Post
This is not the Wonder but the Magic on a 5 night cruise. If you look at the Navigators; night 3 is Dress Up Night and night 4 is Pirate Night.

"04/25/12 - 5-Night Key West - Disney Magic (Thanks to 1153rsmith)
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruis...-navigator.htm

Thanks! It's fun checking out all of the activities. Do you have a preference as to which night you're in a particular dining room?
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:51 AM   #5
Meghatron
DIS Veteran
 
Meghatron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,718

We have found that DCL places us with the best match for both serving team and table mates when we give them the most flexibility for rotation. Where we are eating doesn't mean much if those two things aren't enjoyable.
__________________
Me DH DD (5) DS (2)
Disneyland Annual Passholder; eloped in Snow White's Grotto
Castaway Club Gold; miss having DCL in our backyard!
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:05 PM   #6
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,453

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghatron View Post
We have found that DCL places us with the best match for both serving team and table mates when we give them the most flexibility for rotation. Where we are eating doesn't mean much if those two things aren't enjoyable.


That's very sound insight, thank you. We're changing to late dinner and Joshua is fine sitting with others so that's good. I'm pretty social so I think it'd be fun to be matched with good table mates.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:52 PM   #7
CT Mom of 3
Mouseketeer
 
CT Mom of 3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 204

Our dining rotation on the Wonder 5 night a couple weeks ago was APPTA which had us in Parrot Cay on "dress up" night but we didn't really care.

Dress Up was on the 2nd night (sea day, Golden Mickey's) and Pirate Night was on the 3rd night (Cozumel)
__________________
Cheryl - mom of 3 crazy Disney loving kids - Charlotte (16) Will (13) and Jack (11)

CT Mom of 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:02 PM   #8
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,453

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Mom of 3 View Post
Our dining rotation on the Wonder 5 night a couple weeks ago was APPTA which had us in Parrot Cay on "dress up" night but we didn't really care.

Dress Up was on the 2nd night (sea day, Golden Mickey's) and Pirate Night was on the 3rd night (Cozumel)


Thank you! Do you by chance have any Navigators to share? Is there generally just one Triton's seating? Do you prefer one MDR over the other?
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:08 PM   #9
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessShmoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 18,145

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Thank you! Do you by chance have any Navigators to share? Is there generally just one Triton's seating? Do you prefer one MDR over the other?
The rotation for the dining rooms comes out as a 12231 rotation.

1/3 of the passengers onboard will start each MDR, half of those on early seating, half on late seating.

APPTA
PTTAP
TAAPT
__________________


13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:32 PM   #10
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,453

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
The rotation for the dining rooms comes out as a 12231 rotation.

1/3 of the passengers onboard will start each MDR, half of those on early seating, half on late seating.

APPTA
PTTAP
TAAPT

Thank you. This is so interesting. So two nights in a row we'll dine at the same place?

I'm not sure what the 12231 means though. I'm guessing its obvious and I'll be embarrassed for asking after.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:51 PM   #11
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessShmoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 18,145

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Thank you. This is so interesting. So two nights in a row we'll dine at the same place?

I'm not sure what the 12231 means though. I'm guessing its obvious and I'll be embarrassed for asking after.
The dining rotation on any given cruise will be different. 1233, or 12231, or 1231231, or 1233123, or 123123123312312, depending on the length of the cruise.

The passenger load will be (roughly) divided in thirds.

Each third will start their rotation in a different MDR. That MDR (night 1) will be #1 for each group.

Usually when a MDR is repeated immediately, one of those nights is Pirate night.

Did that help?
__________________


13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:37 PM   #12
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,453

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post

The dining rotation on any given cruise will be different. 1233, or 12231, or 1231231, or 1233123, or 123123123312312, depending on the length of the cruise.

The passenger load will be (roughly) divided in thirds.

Each third will start their rotation in a different MDR. That MDR (night 1) will be #1 for each group.

Usually when a MDR is repeated immediately, one of those nights is Pirate night.

Did that help?
Kind of. I don't understand what the actual numbers mean. Thank you for taking the time to explain it. For example, does 1 mean a certain restaurant?
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:57 PM   #13
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessShmoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 18,145

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Kind of. I don't understand what the actual numbers mean. Thank you for taking the time to explain it. For example, does 1 mean a certain restaurant?
No, 1 means the first MDR in your rotation, 2 means the second MDR, 3 the third MDR.

So, if the rotation is 12231, and, your first MDR (first night) is, say, Parrot Cay (PTTAP), you will eat in PC on night one and night 5. And in Triton's night two and night three. And Animator's Palette night 4.

Sorry, if I'm confusing you. It's not as confusing as it seems.

When you check in your KTTW card will have your rotation on it. As long as you show up in the correct MDR the first night, you'll be fine. Our servers were always reminding us which MDR to be in the next night at the end of dinner.
__________________


13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:03 PM   #14
sweetlovin'
DIS Veteran
 
sweetlovin''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 6,098

Is there character dining on the 5 night out of Miami?
__________________
"If You Are Always Trying To Be Normal, You Will Never Know How Awesome You Can Be" - Maya Angelou

sweetlovin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:08 PM   #15
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessShmoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 18,145

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlovin' View Post
Is there character dining on the 5 night out of Miami?
Right off-hand, I'd say no.

The Character Breakfast is generally only on cruises of 7 nights and longer on the classic ships. Although, they did have it on the 6 night cruises out of Galveston, I believe.

They need at least 3 sea days (or 2 sea days and one late port arrival day) in order to do it.
__________________


13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: