Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 08:46 PM   #1
Aimee810
Earning My Ears

Bashed on FB for planning ahead...

We are planning a trip the week of Halloween to WDW and Sea World. I had posted a question on the Sea World Orlando FB page asking if there was anything special going on ON Halloween. Based on their 2012 Spooktacular dates, the parties are only on the weekends of Sept & Oct but nothing specific mentioned about actual Halloween. Someone commented on my post...

Seriously! It's not even May and you are making plans for Halloween? Hey, SeaWorld, is there anything special going on for New Year's Eve? I am just trying to plan ahead....LOL

She is from Orlando so obviously does not have the issues with PLANNING for a WDW vacation as the rest of us but her comment really honked me off!
WDW/SeaWorld: Oct '13 Westgate Vacation Villas
Disney Magic Cruise: Mar '14 (4-night Bahamas)
Disney Dream Cruise: Dec '14 (4-night Bahamas) + 3n @ Poly
Disney Wonder Cruise: Aug '15 (7-night Alaska)
London/DL Paris: April '16 (10th anniv)
Tokyo Disneyland: Spring '18

Bucket list = visit all Disney parks and cruise all Disney ships

Me DH DD (5) DD
Aimee810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:49 PM   #2
Aimee810
Earning My Ears

Bashed on FB for planning ahead...

We are planning a trip the week of Halloween to WDW and Sea World. I had posted a question on the Sea World FB page asking if there was anything special going on ON Halloween. Based on their 2012 Spooktacular dates, the parties are only on the weekends of Sept & Oct but nothing specific mentioned about actual Halloween. Someone commented on my post...

Seriously! It's not even May and you are making plans for Halloween? Hey, SeaWorld, is there anything special going on for New Year's Eve? I am just trying to plan ahead....LOL

She is from Orlando so obviously does not have the issues with PLANNING for a WDW vacation as the rest of us but her comment really honked me off!
WDW/SeaWorld: Oct '13 Westgate Vacation Villas
Disney Magic Cruise: Mar '14 (4-night Bahamas)
Disney Dream Cruise: Dec '14 (4-night Bahamas) + 3n @ Poly
Disney Wonder Cruise: Aug '15 (7-night Alaska)
London/DL Paris: April '16 (10th anniv)
Tokyo Disneyland: Spring '18

Bucket list = visit all Disney parks and cruise all Disney ships

Me DH DD (5) DD
Aimee810 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2013, 08:50 PM   #3
Blessedwithboys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimee810 View Post
We are planning a trip the week of Halloween to WDW and Sea World. I had posted a question on the Sea World Orlando FB page asking if there was anything special going on ON Halloween. Based on their 2012 Spooktacular dates, the parties are only on the weekends of Sept & Oct but nothing specific mentioned about actual Halloween. Someone commented on my post...

Ignore them!! Hopefully Seaworld will appreciate a guest inquiring about future plans and answer you. Let the haters hate. I say good for you for researching, planning ahead inquiring so you do not miss something you really want to see
Blessedwithboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:58 PM   #4
ericarachel
Earning My Ears

I agree that the comment is really annoying. It really isn't that far away when you have to plan things like travel and getting money together for tickets to special events.
ericarachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:59 PM   #5
folgersnyourcup
Earning My Ears

I begin planning about 1 year prior to a vacation. Don't sweat their comments, never hurts to plan ahead!
folgersnyourcup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:04 PM   #6
juliemcalister
Mouseketeer

I always wonder why people take the time to post rude comments like the one you received.
juliemcalister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:12 PM   #7
Pacha
Mouseketeer

Wow, wonder what they'd say about DW and I? Our next WDW trip isn't until the summer of 2015 and we've already been planning for a few months. I guess I'll have to tell we have to stop and what until it gets alot closer.
Oct 2007-11 nights @ Port Orleans French Quarter / Oct 2009 11 nights @ Port Orleans French Quarter
May 2012 4 nights @ Royal Pacific Resort USO / June 2012 10 nights @ Coranado Springs
May 2015 12 nights @ Old Key West Villas
Pacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:13 PM   #8
cheesemouse
DIS Veteran

I mean really! How rude. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Hope you eventually get your Sea World question answered.
cheesemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:30 PM   #9
andyman8
DIS Veteran

Haters gonna hate. Good thing that your haters are your motivators.
Walt Disney World Resort: June 2014 (GF), March 2014 (Day-Trip), January 2014 (Pop[/COLOR], AoA, & Half-Marathon), November 2013 (YC & W&D Half-Marathon), October 2013 (GF), June 2013 (Polynesian), January 2013 (POR & Half-Marathon) December 2012 (Rosen Shingle Creek), July 2012 (GF), June 2011 (CR), March 2011 (Day-Trip), July 2004 (GF), April 2004 (FW), December 2003 (DoubleTree & MVMCP), October 2003 (DoubleTree & MNSSHP), August 2003 (DoubleTree), June 2003 (WL), February 2003 (Embassy Suites) January 2003 (DoubleTree), September 2002 (AKL), July 2002 (DoubleTree), March 2002 (DoubleTree), January 2002 (CR), November 2001 (DoubleTree), May 2001 (DoubleTree), February 2001 (DoubleTree), January 2001 (DoubleTree), April 2000 (DoubleTree), February 1998 (Quality Inn & Suites)

Universal Orlando Resort: October 2012 (RPR), September 2011 (HRH), July 2010 (RPR), March 2010 (RPR), February 2010 (Day-Trip), September 2009 (HRH), January 2008 (HRH), June 2006 (PBH)

Disneyland Resort: August 2012 (Day-Trip), August 2009 (Day-Trip)

Upcoming: Disneyland July 2014 (GCH), Walt Disney World October 2013 (Dolphin & ToT 10-Miler)

Member of the PeopleMover Appreciation Society, Official MyMagic+ Info & FAQ Thread, and Printable Theme Park Maps
andyman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:32 PM   #10
Mickfarland4
Mouseketeer

Ditto! Nothing nice, move on! I just stuck up for someone a minute ago on another post because I can't stand when people give totally unneeded rude comments to people just trying to help out! There is no reason to be rude when all of us are here for the same reason-to plan a Disney trip!! Ugh...
Mickfarland4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:33 PM   #11
JustAKid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyman8 View Post
Haters gonna hate.
HA! Classic...
Old 04-24-2013, 09:35 PM   #12
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Since you could see her location, did you remind her that many, many people have to plan for months to get time off, to get good flights, etc etc? Maybe it could be a wakeup call for her to put her head in the mind of people who don't live in Orlando.

And wondering if they have anything for NYE is a good question; hopefully they'll answer her.

Maybe someday she'll plan a trip to Chicago, or to Seattle or Europe, and she'll realize that you do actually want to know what might be going on, before making nonrefundable plans.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:36 PM   #13
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliemcalister View Post
I always wonder why people take the time to post rude comments like the one you received.
They do it because they are sad pathetic people that have nothing better to do than hide behind their computers and try to make people they don't know as miserable as they are.

I hope you we finally able to get your question answered.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:42 PM   #14
cuteinnocent
Mouseketeer

She's just jealous since she will have no good plans for Halloween or New Years.
cuteinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:43 PM   #15
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

WHA?? Planning for my vacations is what gets me through LIFE!

To counter-act the nastiness of that poster, here's some info. We live in San Antonio and had annual passes to the Sea World here last year. Not sure if Orlando will do something similar but I would think so. They have a Halloween event that they do all the weekends in October and a few in September (like you found out) as well as on Halloween itself. There are H-themed shows and trick-or-treating during the day and the the "scary" stuff opens around 4pm and goes until the park closes (here that was around 10pm but it might be later in Orlando). We didn't stay for the scary stuff b/c my kids are young but it looked cool. They also have bands that play spooky music on spooky stages. All together, it was a fun experience and my DD's got TONS of candy (not like the few pieces they hand out at MNSSHP...just sayin...)

Hope this helps! Don't let the negativity get you down!

KPetty725 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: