Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 09:23 PM   #46
tvguy
Question anything the facts don't support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesia View Post
Well, tvguy is the expert...
Not the expert, just work at the station that runs Jeopardy here, and checked with the people at Sony who produce and distribute the show. They certainly could be wrong, I'm just repeating what they said.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:25 PM   #47
tvguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad madam mim78 View Post
Man jeopardy is still on?
Good lord yes, and the 4th most watched syndicated show on TV (behind Judge Judy) with twice as many viewers per show as Dr. Phil and Ellen.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...4-2013/179231/
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2013, 09:28 PM   #48
crashbb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvguy View Post
She said she thought it was tomorrows show. Since the shows are sent out the day of, of course, no way it could be. Had to be the tail end of an old show that either was in their file server or on the tape if the station still plays back off tape.
Quote:
Not the expert, just work at the station that runs Jeopardy here, and checked with the people at Sony who produce and distribute the show. They certainly could be wrong, I'm just repeating what they said.
Nice back-pedalling there!

You certainly come off as an expert with your "of course, no way it could be" and the insinuation that the OP didn't know what she had seen (or, at least, you come off as attempting to be an expert). No mention that you were "simply repeating" what you were told in your first post either.
crashbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:12 PM   #49
msjprincess
DIS Veteran

How could it be an old show? The winner on Wednesday was a contestant named Andy. In the mistake Final Jeopardy, Andy is shown as the Jeopardy champion. So unless he's been on more than once and by some strange coincidence that happened to be the old episode they showed, it was a new episode.
msjprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:19 PM   #50
phorsenuf
Not so New Rule author on the DISSome discuss it calmly and some ...
Grandma Oboe

Location: Concord NH and now Davenport FL. Home to meth addicts and dislocated cowboys I'm told.

Quote:
Definately not a rerun, ratings started yesterday, so everything is first run. Not my friend, the person responsible for sending out the shows. I will update Monday.
Update what exactly? Pretty evident what happened. Someone goofed and ran the wrong thing. What more is there?
Old 04-26-2013, 10:38 PM   #51
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorsenuf View Post
Update what exactly? Pretty evident what happened. Someone goofed and ran the wrong thing. What more is there?
I agree. Nothing really to be updated. We all know what happened.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:47 PM   #52
tvguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorsenuf View Post
Just updating whether the wrong ending was from an old show, or the next days show........that seems to be the issue in question for some folks still.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:01 AM   #53
LisaR

Quote:
Just updating whether the wrong ending was from an old show, or the next days show........that seems to be the issue in question for some folks still.
I think you're the only one that thinks it is from an old show. But please check with Sony and let us know. Maybe you can call Alex and see what he has to say.
LisaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:21 AM   #54
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

Quote:
I wouldn't waste your time-there is no question for anyone. Everyone understands it was clearly the next days show. People saw it.

Last edited by Allison; 04-27-2013 at 12:37 AM.
Allison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:34 AM   #55
sam_gordon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison

I wouldn't waste your time-there is no question for anyone. Everyone understands it was clearly the next days show. People saw it.
The question is how did a single station get the ending to a future show if the shows are fed "day of".

Tvguy said the stations record the shows at 4am. They play them back later that day. So how did the Orlando(?) station receive and then air Fridays ending on Thursday? THATS the update I want to know.
Bay Lake Towers, WDW June 1 - June 6, 2011
Polynesian, WDW Dec. 29, 2008 - Jan. 3, 2009
Wilderness Lodge, WDW, June 2005
Polynesian, WDW Sept. 7 - Sept. 14, 2001
Caribbean Beach, June 1993
sam_gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:38 AM   #56
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_gordon View Post
The question is how did a single station get the ending to a future show if the shows are fed "day of".

Tvguy said the stations record the shows at 4am. They play them back later that day. So how did the Orlando(?) station receive and then air Fridays ending on Thursday? THATS the update I want to know.
I understand that. But that doesn't seem to be the question he is looking for an answer to.

Interesting that something like that happened.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:20 AM   #57
crashbb
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That's the update I'd like to know as well. However, that is the question the "expert" wants to know...he's still claiming that the OP is mistaken in what she saw (since won't acknowledge that she did, indeed, see Thursday's show on Wednesday). Anything to avoid admitting he was wrong, I guess.

Quote:
crashbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:09 AM   #58
phorsenuf
Not so New Rule author on the DISSome discuss it calmly and some ...
Grandma Oboe

Location: Concord NH and now Davenport FL. Home to meth addicts and dislocated cowboys I'm told.

Quote:

Somebody goofed? I have to admit I'm chuckling over this whole thread. But not in regards to you....
Old 04-27-2013, 11:58 AM   #59
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

Quote:
She said she thought it was tomorrows show. Since the shows are sent out the day of, of course, no way it could be. Had to be the tail end of an old show that either was in their file server or on the tape if the station still plays back off tape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashbb View Post
Nice back-pedalling there!

You certainly come off as an expert with your "of course, no way it could be" and the insinuation that the OP didn't know what she had seen (or, at least, you come off as attempting to be an expert). No mention that you were "simply repeating" what you were told in your first post either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by msjprincess View Post
How could it be an old show? The winner on Wednesday was a contestant named Andy. In the mistake Final Jeopardy, Andy is shown as the Jeopardy champion. So unless he's been on more than once and by some strange coincidence that happened to be the old episode they showed, it was a new episode.
Well, all the rest of the posters just thought they saw they ending of the next day. They don't know what they were seeing either.

Quote:

I find it quite interesting that a single episode would be sent each day. A friend acts on soap operas. They film at least 3 weeks in advance, so they have a cushion of shows in case there are problems, and of course, because the actors go on vacations & holidays. And when there was a stagehands strike a couple decades ago, they went into overtime, to film a good couple of months episodes to try to cover how long the strike might last. Of course, filming shows in advance is different from getting them sent on a feed to air each day.

What happens if something happens to the 4am feed? Either the signal cuts out & can't be re-established, there is a weather event like an earthquake, hurricane or natural disaster, like Hurricane Sandy which knocked out power for several days in some areas. So the whole country doesn't get Jeopardy, the 4th most watched syndicated show on TV, until the feed goes back up?

Strange that they wouldn't send out a whole week of shows. Maybe that area of FL, the OP lives in, is the ONE station that gets special treatment, and they get the extra episodes, in case something happens at Sony or where the feed gets sent from.
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:01 PM   #60
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!
I felt like the worlds most awkward ninja

wait, so if it was an old episode, why would they have had TV spinoffs as the final jeopardy question twice with the same champion...

Because I watched jeopardy the next day.... and the question was TV spinoffs...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: