Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 06:43 PM   #1
LisaR

Did anyone watch Jeopardy tonight?

Did my family just enter the Twilight Zone or did they splice two episodes together? Final Jeopardy was suppose to be US History. After the commercial, they came back with different contestants and a different final Jeopardy category! Very odd!
LisaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:44 PM   #2
ashley0139
DIS Veteran

That's hilarious! I am on the west coast and usually watch it, so I'll remember that for tonight.

Pre-Trip Report 2009: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2293006

Pop Century October 19-26, 2011

Pre-Trip Report 2011: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2796928
Trip Report 2011:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2867080
ashley0139 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2013, 06:45 PM   #3
dbogen
Your wish is my command!
Opens threads to see what's inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaR View Post
Did my family just enter the Twilight Zone or did they splice two episodes together? Final Jeopardy was suppose to be US History. After the commercial, they came back with different contestants and a different final Jeopardy category! Very odd!
It's on my DVR, give me a minute and I will check it out.

The players before final jeopardy were Bill, Andy and Christina. The final category was The US Government. When they returned it was the same contestants and the same category. The answer was The State of the Union Address and they all got it correct.

Is that how yours ended?
Old 04-24-2013, 07:02 PM   #4
LisaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbogen View Post
It's on my DVR, give me a minute and I will check it out.

The players before final jeopardy were Bill, Andy and Christina. The final category was The US Government. When they returned it was the same contestants and the same category. The answer was The State of the Union Address and they all got it correct.

Is that how yours ended?
Not at all! Ours started the same as yours. They went to a commercial and came back with Bill and two completely different contestants. The category was TV Spinoffs. I won't say who won because I have a feeling we saw the ending for tomorrow night because Alex said something about finishing off the week tomorrow. Too funny!
Old 04-24-2013, 08:59 PM   #5
tvguy
Sailed on:The Mermoz, Norway, Nordic Prince, Sovereign of the Seas, Amsterdam, Magic & Pride of America

Sounds like a mistake at your local TV station. Jeopardy is sent out via satellite at 4 am (PST) each day, and recorded at each station that airs it. It's not like a network show where it is coming in from the source at the same time it airs.

I literally opened this post during final Jeopardy, U.S history and the same contestants.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:03 PM   #6
LisaR

Too bad there isn't a site to bet on the outcome of Jeopardy. I think I could make a killing tomorrow night!
Old 04-24-2013, 09:04 PM   #7
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvguy View Post
Sounds like a mistake at your local TV station. Jeopardy is sent out via satellite at 4 am (PST) each day, and recorded at each station that airs it. It's not like a network show where it is coming in from the source at the same time it airs.

I literally opened this post during final Jeopardy, U.S history and the same contestants.

Then how did the OP's station they get the ending of tomorrow's final jeopardy already if it's sent daily?
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:12 PM   #8
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

I had that happen also in the Orlando area.

Also, at the end Alex said something to the effect that the winner would "close out the week tomorrow" and I thought: hey, wait a minute, today's Wednesday and there should be two more shows this week.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:26 PM   #9
LisaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
I had that happen also in the Orlando area.

Also, at the end Alex said something to the effect that the winner would "close out the week tomorrow" and I thought: hey, wait a minute, today's Wednesday and there should be two more shows this week.
Yes! That is exactly what he said! We are in FL, too. We just have an antenna, no cable or dish. Too bad they didn't give us the lottery numbers early. .
Old 04-24-2013, 09:26 PM   #10
lacrosse_lady72
I <3 Disney

I just watched it from the west coast. I didn't see what the category was before the break but the category after was US Government and the contestants didn't change.

WDW: JULY/AUGUST 2002, MARCH 2004, MARCH/APRIL 2005, SEPTEMBER 2006, SEPTEMBER 2007, SEPTEMBER 2008, SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER 2009, APRIL 2010, SEPTEMBER 2011, SEPTEMBER 2013, SEPTEMBER 2015
DLR: APRIL 1998, DECEMBER 2005, JANUARY 2012, JANUARY 2013

lacrosse_lady72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:04 PM   #11
beaucoup
DIS Veteran

Did you look at their Facebook page? Others commenting on it. Always go to someone's FB page when you want to know anything.

https://www.facebook.com/Jeopardy?fref=ts

Seems to be a FL issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkTlTxj3iXQ
beaucoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:06 AM   #12
tvguy
Sailed on:The Mermoz, Norway, Nordic Prince, Sovereign of the Seas, Amsterdam, Magic & Pride of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi View Post
Then how did the OP's station they get the ending of tomorrow's final jeopardy already if it's sent daily?
She said she thought it was tomorrows show. Since the shows are sent out the day of, of course, no way it could be. Had to be the tail end of an old show that either was in their file server or on the tape if the station still plays back off tape.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:30 AM   #13
msjprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
She said she thought it was tomorrows show. Since the shows are sent out the day of, of course, no way it could be. Had to be the tail end of an old show that either was in their file server or on the tape if the station still plays back off tape.
But she said one of the contestants was the same. So it would have to have been last Thursday's, was that contestant even on last week?

ETA
I just watched the Youtube video. all of the contestants shown are listed on the Jeopardy website as this week's contestants. So it couldn't have been an old show.
msjprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:02 AM   #14
LisaR

Quote:

The more I've read, the more I am convinced it was the ending of the show that will air tonight. I'll report back tonight. It had one of the same contestants and Alex said something about finishing up the week "tomorrow" which would be Friday if that was the Thursday night show. The repeat contestant was not on last week so no way was this a week old show. From what I can tell, this was unique to Central Florida.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:26 AM   #15
Squirlz
DIS Veteran

A long time ago with my first Wife, she would watch Wheel at 7 followed by Jeopardy at 7:30. I would be working in the basement and watching a different channel that showed Jeopardy at 7. I'd come up at 7:30 and watch Jeopardy with her and she thought I was the smartest man in the world.
Squirlz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: