Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 10:33 PM   #1
danicaw
DIS Veteran

? for all who order breakfast with the doortags

To what extent are you awake and ready for the day when breakfast arrives?
Are you still in bed when they knock on the door?
Are you up, showered and dressed? or somewhere in the middle?
I am sure they see all of the above, but I am curious what the norm is.
Thanks

danicaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:36 PM   #2
santam01
Earning My Ears

They have times on the card that you check off and they're usually really good on your request.
santam01 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2013, 10:39 PM   #3
timweston
Earning My Ears

When we ordered breakfast room service, we were awake and out of bed, but still in pajamas and not yet in showers. We did that because some people in my family like to have coffee before they get ready for their day.

As PP said, you get to choose delivery time, so it's entirely up to you!
Old 04-24-2013, 10:41 PM   #4
Momma2Jax
DIS Veteran

We would check a time that we knew we would at least be awake. Usually in pjs, or just showered. Dh would go into the hall to meet them when they knocked, then brought the tray in to avoid awkward towel-on-head moments.

Me DH DS 5

Momma2Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:15 PM   #5
danicaw
DIS Veteran

Thanks guys.
I know about the times on the card.
Just curious if people use this as a wake up service and/or are still in PJs when they come.
I have previously been fairly wound up about being all ready and presentable for room service. But Hubby is trying to get me to relax a bit. Just trying to figure out the norm.

danicaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:26 PM   #6
toontoy
Mouseketeer

Its usually my wake up call since I answer and hang up the phone

On early morning excursions its nice
toontoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:42 AM   #7
nurse2011
Earning My Ears

We were woken up by the room service delivery before! Came a few minutes early & our alarm hadn't gone off yet. My husband quick answered the door in his pajamas.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:25 AM   #8
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danicaw View Post
Thanks guys.
I know about the times on the card.
Just curious if people use this as a wake up service and/or are still in PJs when they come.
I have previously been fairly wound up about being all ready and presentable for room service. But Hubby is trying to get me to relax a bit. Just trying to figure out the norm.
I'm a relaxer.

I've pulled the covers over my head before. I can sleep right through all that noise. My mom would take her coffee, etc. out to the verhanda, or my hubby would. It's hard for me to leave that bed and with the motion...I'm sleeping like a baby being rocked. I love it!
That's the best thing about room service in the morning. They are in and out. Gives me at least another hour.

I'm such a relaxer, that my hubby and DD would hit the buffet before I'm out of bed.

I'm more of a "lunch" gal on vacation. lol
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11

Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)

Last edited by PizzieDuster; 04-25-2013 at 03:36 AM.
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:06 AM   #9
cris0809
Might be why the rum is always gone

On the mornings we do it we are in PJs.

Phone call serves as wakeup call. Answer door, they come in and put the tray on the bed, we sign the slip and they are on their merry way.
WDW: Lifelong Passholder DLR: 1st Visit Feb 08 DLRP: Oct 10 Aulani: May 12 DCL: Magic {Western/Double Dip} Nov 09 Wonder Jan 10, Wonder Aug 10, Wonder {Mexico} Feb 11, Dream {Birthday Trip!} Oct 11 Fantasy {Eastern} Oct 12 Dream Nov 12, Dream Dec 12, Wonder {Miami w/Castaway} Jan 13, Wonder {WBPC} May 13, Magic {Anniversary & Platinum!} Nov 13 Wonder {Miami w/Key West} Jan 14, Fantasy {Western} Mar 14, Magic {Southern} Sept 14, Dream {Friends' Vow Renewal} Nov 14, Magic {Friends' Wedding} May 15

87 Days at Sea
cris0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:24 AM   #10
jm106
DIS Veteran

For me om service is that I dont need to be up and dressed, otherwise I would walk to a dining room. They drop it and leave not dine with you When I get up I make sure I wont scare them away but they can see me in my PJs and no make up.

7 days Hilton May 2009, 6 days CBR May 2011, 9 days ASMusic/AKL August 2012, Disney Wonder 5 nt Cozumel/Castaway Cay April 2013, 7 day Wyndahm Property October 2014
jm106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:36 AM   #11
tchrrx
Blame it on the plastic cow I mentioned on another board
That's right.... I sucked a plastic cow

Are the items that you order for breakfast free? Usually DH gets ready first, then heads to the buffet to eat. When he comes back to the room, he'll bring DD & I a muffin or something. Having it delivered would be a much easier option.

2006- WDW CR (DD's 1st trip & my parents came) 2007- WDW SSR (1st trip 'home' & suprise trip for DD) 2008- WDW SSR (surprised DD w/her aunt) 2009- WDW SSR (inlaws) 2010- Our 1st ABD (Spirit of America) 2011- WDW SSR & BLT and our 1st Cruise (Disney Dream) 2012- WDW BLT (DD's surprise birthday trip); ABD Southwest Splendors 2013- DL GCV (Our 1st DL trip); Disney's Vero Beach; Disney Fantasy 2014- ABD Costa Rica
tchrrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:26 AM   #12
n8nally
Mouseketeer

Someone once said "What other people think about you is none of your business". I find this is so true! What do I care what the room service guy thinks of what I look like? His (or her) job is to deliver the food, plain and simple. They would never say anything to you like "Ha, look at your hair!" or "Wow, don't you look a mess!" Because its rude and might affect their tip or their employment. Besides which I'm sure they don't care. So why should I worry about what they might possibly be thinking in their heads once they leave my door? And, even if I got up, showered, dressed, had my hair perfectly coiffed, did my makeup, and had a nice outfit on, they might still think "Ugliest woman ever!" and I would have ZERO control over that!

n8nally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:27 AM   #13
cwdefouw
DVC Member since 1999

The last time we did this in January on the Dream, they did not call first and showed up within a minute of the opening of the time window that we had requested. So if you are planning on using the heads-up call as a wake up call, you may get woken up by the knock on the door instead.

cwdefouw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:35 AM   #14
timweston
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchrrx View Post
Are the items that you order for breakfast free? Usually DH gets ready first, then heads to the buffet to eat. When he comes back to the room, he'll bring DD & I a muffin or something. Having it delivered would be a much easier option.
For the most part, room service is complimentary and gratuity is not included. Some items do have a fee, though, such as pre-packaged snacks, alcohol and soda.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:11 PM   #15
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

I always feel funny with room service no matter where I am or how awake I am. So I have just DH get the door. If I feel uncomfortable being in the room when the person comes in, I'll just go into the bathroom and wait until they are gone to come out.

I'm sure no matter how messy you feel in the morning, anyone who has been in the hotel industry long enough has seen far, FAR worse/scarier/undone/etc. I wouldn't worry about it.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: