Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 02:46 PM   #1
emilyann415
DIS Veteran

Another Dream Concierge Question

So...on my sailing on the Dream, I see one of the royal suites has opened up. I am considering taking it. I have stayed in concierge on the Wonder and it was fun, but for only 4 days I am wondering if I can justify the expense. I know it's a very personal decision but for those have stayed in the royal suite did it seem "worth it" to you and why? I am loving the idea of having a hot tub on my deck but what other things did you LOVE about it. I know there are differences in the Roy and Walt suite and we would be looking at the Roy suite.
emilyann415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:04 PM   #2
all5ofus
DIS Veteran

I've done the Royal suites on both the classic ships and the new ships.

We loved the Walt on the Fantasy, but a big drawback for our family of 5 was that there is not the second bedroom like on the classic ships. They had a twin murphy bed and a double murphy bed. Our kids refuse to share a bed so they were going to take turns sleeping on the couch, but luckily the stateroom host was able to bring in a roll away bed for one of them.

Our next cruise we did a Cat T one bedroom and the connecting Cat V. This configuration worked out better than the royal for a family of five and was cheaper.

The worth it question is pretty subjective, The royal was worth it to me, and I would do it again, but we found the additional space and privacy of the connecting suites was a better fit for us. If we were traveling with four or less I would take the royal again.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:14 PM   #3
N365PA
First rule of the bayou: never take directions from a gator.

I did a regular concierge on the Dream last year. We did a port upgrade and it was worth it, in my opinion, for the 4 nighter. I wouldn't pay for it at the rack rate, but upgrade, sure.
June 29-July 10: Copenhagen-Dover Disney Magic

N365PA is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: