Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 03:10 PM   #1
JayhawkFans
Mouseketeer

Short Layover in Chicago

I'm considering booking our Orlando vacation with Southwest to connect in Chicago / Midway. Our itty bitty airport seldom has delays (unless due to weather) so getting out of town shouldn't be a problem.

The outbound flight times are departing Missouri at 3:55 p.m. on Monday, 9/23 to arrive MDW at 5:30. Departing MDW at 6:45 p.m.

Return flight would depart MCO at 8:00 a.m. on Monday, 9/30 to arrive MDW at 9:45 a.m. Departing MDW at 10:40 a.m.

Anybody have much experience with Chicago / Midway to offer advice about a layover of about 1 hour?
JayhawkFans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:15 PM   #2
Minnesota!
Shoeless in Minnesota
Has lots of rules in bed
Must have my Jelly Belly's from the Main Street candy store
I am quite spacy

It's a bigger airport, but barring any delays....55 minutes should be do-able.
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 04:12 PM   #3
mikedoyleblogger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkFans View Post
I'm considering booking our Orlando vacation with Southwest to connect in Chicago / Midway. Our itty bitty airport seldom has delays (unless due to weather) so getting out of town shouldn't be a problem.

The outbound flight times are departing Missouri at 3:55 p.m. on Monday, 9/23 to arrive MDW at 5:30. Departing MDW at 6:45 p.m.

Return flight would depart MCO at 8:00 a.m. on Monday, 9/30 to arrive MDW at 9:45 a.m. Departing MDW at 10:40 a.m.

Anybody have much experience with Chicago / Midway to offer advice about a layover of about 1 hour?
I'm in Chicago and Midway is my preferred airport. It's a bustling but compact airport. There's only one terminal building and the three gate concourses (A, B, and C) are all attached to it. One of the concourses (C) is short and stubby. The other two (A and B) are longer but have several moving walkways. So you won't need to change terminal buildings or take a shuttle through the airport or anything like that when you connect.

Southwest is the primary carrier by far--they operate out of every concourse. That may mean you have to change concourses when you connect, but it shouldn't take longer than 15 minutes to go from the farthest end of one concourse to another. Very good food court, too, (award-winning, actually), in the event your connection gets delayed.

You can check out Midway's official page here.
WDW 1973 Poly | WDW Jul 1977 offsite | DLR Jul 1988 offsite | DLP Apr 2000 offsite | DLR Apr 2002 PPH | DLR Sep 2002 HoJo | DLR Dec 2002 HoJo (HolidayTime) | DLR Apr 2003 HoJo | DLR Dec 2005 HoJo | DLR Mar 2013 HoJo | WDW May 2013 Pop | DLR Oct 2013 HoJo (HalloweenTime) | DLR Aug 2014 GCH | DLR Sep 2014 DLH (HalloweenTime) | DLR Dec 2014 TBD (HolidayTime) | Moving to L.A. 2015!
mikedoyleblogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:55 PM   #4
HoosierDisneyDad
Mouseketeer

You might even have time to grab a delicious sandwich at Potbelly.
HoosierDisneyDad is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: