Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 01:06 PM   #1
pmurph
Earning My Ears

No plan for Atlantis?

So what is the likelihood of being able to take a taxi over to Atlantis on our stop at Nassau in August, and just being able to purchase a day pass for my family for the water park/aquarium. Not sure I want to commit to a Port Adventure there ahead of time...
pmurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:37 PM   #2
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmurph View Post
So what is the likelihood of being able to take a taxi over to Atlantis on our stop at Nassau in August, and just being able to purchase a day pass for my family for the water park/aquarium. Not sure I want to commit to a Port Adventure there ahead of time...
It depends on how full the resort is. We had considering doing this also for our cruise in May but you aren't guaranteed a pass so we decided against it. This is from the Atlantis website:

Access to the Aquaventure Waterpark and marine habitats at Atlantis are FREE for guests staying at the resort. Passes may be purchased by day visitors, but availability is limited – and may be closed – during periods of high resort occupancy
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2013, 03:18 PM   #3
pmurph
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweis View Post
It depends on how full the resort is. We had considering doing this also for our cruise in May but you aren't guaranteed a pass so we decided against it. This is from the Atlantis website:

Access to the Aquaventure Waterpark and marine habitats at Atlantis are FREE for guests staying at the resort. Passes may be purchased by day visitors, but availability is limited – and may be closed – during periods of high resort occupancy
hmmm...sounds kind of risky. thanks for the input : )
Old 04-24-2013, 03:43 PM   #4
anniemck
DIS Veteran

You could also circumvent the wheel by renting a room for the day at the Comfort Suites across the street from Atlantis. Up to 4 people per room will have wristbands for Atlantis by renting a room there.

Official Disney Freak...
Presidents Day Weekend Twirlmania 2000-2012
Halloween 2011
Mothers Day, August, September, Osborne Family Lights 2012
DCL Wonder March 2013
15 cruises on other lines since 2007
6 trips to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge since 2009
Love vacations...
anniemck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:02 PM   #5
pmurph
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniemck View Post
You could also circumvent the wheel by renting a room for the day at the Comfort Suites across the street from Atlantis. Up to 4 people per room will have wristbands for Atlantis by renting a room there.
Wouldn't I have to do that ahead of time too, though? Or would it be feasible to just show up and rent a room there (if we decided that day that we wanted to go to Atlantis)
Old 04-24-2013, 05:01 PM   #6
Postal68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmurph View Post
hmmm...sounds kind of risky. thanks for the input : )
Atlantis isn't that far of a ride. If you're just "winging it" and Atlantis isn't a priority. It would really be no big deal to go back to the ship or to the public beach if day passes are sold out. You wouldn't lose much time and the most you would be out is the cost of the cab ride.
Postal68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:22 PM   #7
pmurph
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal68 View Post
Atlantis isn't that far of a ride. If you're just "winging it" and Atlantis isn't a priority. It would really be no big deal to go back to the ship or to the public beach if day passes are sold out. You wouldn't lose much time and the most you would be out is the cost of the cab ride.
Yes, I was thinking it would be potentially a huge time waster, but it's good to know that maybe it wouldn't be too bad if it was a bust - thanks!
Old 04-24-2013, 05:33 PM   #8
jones1428
Earning My Ears

We were not able to purchase on one of our cruises because it was the easter holiday. Try calling the Atlantis ahead of time. I know someone who had no problem getting a day pass the same day. Again it depends on availability.
jones1428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:18 PM   #9
pmurph
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jones1428 View Post
We were not able to purchase on one of our cruises because it was the easter holiday. Try calling the Atlantis ahead of time. I know someone who had no problem getting a day pass the same day. Again it depends on availability.
good idea to try to contact them ahead of time - thanks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: