Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 11:31 AM   #1
billbillbill
Earning My Ears

Long Beach Taxi Question

A family member called Yellow Cab to ask about the rate to our hotel from Long Beach Airport. We are staying at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites on Walnut (North of parking garage). I had assumed that the $45 flat rate quoted from the aiport to Disneyland would get us to our hotel. According to the call to Yellow Cab, they said that flat rate is only to the convention center or the Disneyland Hotel and we would have to go to one of those spots, disembark, then get a taxi from there to our hotel for $11.

This sounds crazy but I thought I would ask if anyone has heard this.
billbillbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:26 PM   #2
DizMe
Here we gooooo...
It's amazing how that happens

No, I've never heard of that and it's crazy!! The metered rate would be between $45-50. You can ask the driver for a flat rate and see what they say...last time I was told it would be cheaper to go with the metered rate and it was. Try going to the Yellow Cab Co. website and see if it gives more info.

DizHe and DizMe DizWees DizHe & Our 4 Princesses
DizMe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2013, 01:37 PM   #3
DizMe
Here we gooooo...
It's amazing how that happens

Here are a couple of things you could check out:
http://www.californiayellowcab.com/r...ervations.html

http://www.anaheim-yellowcab.com/Ana...-Discount.html

And this site is a compilation of info from DIS, I think, since it often mentions DISers:
http://www.anaheim-yellowcab.com/DisneylandTaxiCab.html

ETA: As a rule of thumb, if I get an answer I question (or dislike), I call back. I will give a place 3 calls and if I hear the same thing each time, I stop. If I get conflicting answers, I try to get an answer I'm happy with and then get it in writing if possible!
DizMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:18 PM   #4
Disney Dreams
Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
Major pin collector in denial

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbillbill
A family member called Yellow Cab to ask about the rate to our hotel from Long Beach Airport. We are staying at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites on Walnut (North of parking garage). I had assumed that the $45 flat rate quoted from the aiport to Disneyland would get us to our hotel. According to the call to Yellow Cab, they said that flat rate is only to the convention center or the Disneyland Hotel and we would have to go to one of those spots, disembark, then get a taxi from there to our hotel for $11.

I would try to get clarification if the flat rate applies to transport Disneyland vs. the Disneyland area.

It sounds like that's where you might be running into the block. It would be VERY easy for your cabbie to pick up a retuning customer after dropping you at DL. Not so easy at the Holiday Inn.

- Dreams

Disney Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:10 AM   #5
djk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbillbill View Post

Is there any follow-up to this?

Also, (hope this is not high-jacking!) which cab company do you all recommend calling for the return trip from a Good Neighbor hotel to LGB?
djk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:23 AM   #6
cp11
Mouseketeer

I'm trying to go from recall, but I believe the cabs we took was Long Beach taxi. They are located right outside of the baggage claim terminals. Unless they have changed this, right inside the cab is listed the rates and they had listed the price of a flat rate to DL. We have always stayed at the HoJo and they never changed extra for going there. We haven't used them for approx. a year and a half because we've been using other transportation, so maybe things have changed. . . .
Old 04-27-2013, 11:13 AM   #7
Cinderpamela
DIS Veteran

We did the flat rate cab from Long Beach to the Sheraton Anaheim and it wasn't a problem as far as the rate, we were just sure to confirm the rate with the driver before we hopped into the cab. The fact that the cab driver took us to the Sheraton Garden Grove and then the Sheraton Park first was a bit of a comedy of errors but we made darn sure that wasnt part of our rate when we finally got to the right hotel!

2014-November-Disneyland VGC 2013-Christmas at Aulani2012-November-Grand Cali 2012-July-Aulani 2011-1st trip to WDW-Christmas at Wilderness Lodge! 2010-Christmas-time@DLR and CLUB 33!! 2009-Christmas-time @ DLR 2008-Birthday @DLR 2007-PPH @ DLR
2005-DLH 1st Family Trip to DLR 1991-Spring Break Disneyland 1973-First trip to Disneyland
Cinderpamela is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: