Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-29-2013, 10:32 AM   #946
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran
 
Good Morning Dewdrop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 3,620

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
You can use either of the Disney Visa cards and only have to put a $200 charge on it to qualify.
or if you're taking advantage of a RO offer the deposit is the amount equal to one night

I'm glad someone mentioned May 6th I was wondering when the Visa offer would come out (date-wise) since the general offer is expected on the 9th.
__________________
Can't wait to go to WDW again in 2015 - In January and May (SWW)!

Previous Magical Adventures:
  • AP #3 September 2013 - AS Music; November 2013 - AS Music; January 2014 - AS Music; May 2014 SWW AS Music
    AP #2 January 2013 - AS Music: October 2012 - AS Music; September 2012 - AoA - LM opening day!; April 2012 - AS Sports; January/February 2012 - AS Music
  • AP #1 September 2011 - AS Music; May 2011 - AS Music - D23 Scavenger Hunt - Team "Pixie Dust"!!; February 2011 - AS Music; December 2010 - POFQ; September 2010 - AS Music
  • September 2009 - AS Music & CBR
  • January 2009 - AS Music
  • January 2008 - POP
  • January 2007 - AS Movies
Good Morning Dewdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:30 AM   #947
zamboniman333
Ye come Seeking Adventure and Saly Old Pirates, A Ye?
 
zamboniman333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 471

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
My hope is that they come out with the Oct-Dec deals in mid June once the current offer expires. It is just wishful thinking on my part, but if they raise ticket prices in June as the have the last couple of years, maybe they will be super nice and say, "Hey, tickets are more expensive now, but look at this great deal we are offering you." It's gonna be a long summer! Hurry up, July!

Fingers crossed for it to be announced for Oct-Dec
__________________






zamboniman333 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-29-2013, 11:33 AM   #948
trixiemuffin
Mouseketeer
 
trixiemuffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Morning Dewdrop View Post
or if you're taking advantage of a RO offer the deposit is the amount equal to one night

I'm glad someone mentioned May 6th I was wondering when the Visa offer would come out (date-wise) since the general offer is expected on the 9th.
I don't think anyone is 100% sure about the May 6 date for Visa cardholders....we are just assuming that since usually Visa cardholders get the offer on the Monday before a Thursday GP offer. However, most are quite sure about the May 9 release date for the GP due to Danny25's excellent track record
__________________
WDW Visitor since 1973

trixiemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:38 AM   #949
sgill204
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 14

[QUOTE=TheDisney411;48223565]I'm sorry, your reservation is NOT eligible and can not add the free dining discount. You have to be booked under a Magic Your Way package that includes room, tickets and dining. You can not take advantage of a free dining if you are renting points through RCI or any other company.
QUOTE]

Thank you for that information. I have one other question about all of this. We are booked through RCI trade at BLT for 7 nights, but will need one additional night to close the gap between our last night at BLT and our first day on the DCL Dream. So, we will be booking LM at AoA for that at the rack rate. Although we apparently have to do that through our travel agent as well. Since we will be at LM AoA for one night and have the MYW tickets for previous nights, will that qualify or does anyone know? I'm super excited about going and I realize that our savings through RCI will more than make up for what we spend on dining, but if there is a way to get the FD too, that would be super dee duper amazing!!!
sgill204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:41 AM   #950
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,296

No, you can not apply the FD discount to that stay either. The FD promo requires a 3 night minimum resort stay and minimim 2 day base ticket per person on the reservation.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:42 AM   #951
smitch425
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 11,631

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgill204 View Post

Thank you for that information. I have one other question about all of this. We are booked through RCI trade at BLT for 7 nights, but will need one additional night to close the gap between our last night at BLT and our first day on the DCL Dream. So, we will be booking LM at AoA for that at the rack rate. Although we apparently have to do that through our travel agent as well. Since we will be at LM AoA for one night and have the MYW tickets for previous nights, will that qualify or does anyone know? I'm super excited about going and I realize that our savings through RCI will more than make up for what we spend on dining, but if there is a way to get the FD too, that would be super dee duper amazing!!!
RCI stays are not eligible for free dining. A one night stay at the end of your trip will not qualify you for any dining plan, not even a purchased one.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:44 AM   #952
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r
 
Sylkie31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Holly Springs, NC
Posts: 509

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
So how many have all their ADRs already? And for those who do, what have you booked? Always nice to hear where folks are dining.
Yep - my DD called to make our ADRs the first day it could be done for our room reservation dates. Good thing she did - CRT reservations were full for Saturday, Sep 14th only 1 day after she called to make ours.
From what I've been told & from my own experience, ADRs are an absolute MUST if you want to go to any of the character experience restaurants - and for the more popular restaurants as well.
Our ADRs:
Sep 13 - lunch at Rainforest Cafe (in AK), Sep 14 - lunch at CRT (after granddaughter's BBB), 9/15 - dinner at Boatwright's (in POR), 9/16 - dinner at BOG, 9/18 - breakfast at Chef Mickey's, 9/19 Mickey's Backyard BBQ
Have WDW reservations on speed dial to be ready to ask for FD as soon as they open next week. Keeping fingers crossed they don't sell out before I get through on the phone.
__________________



Disney Fan for Life
Sylkie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:06 PM   #953
danny25
I love Disney and Iīm friend of STICH
 
danny25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: 15.000 kms. away Disney World
Posts: 503

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Haha well they can't get too mad at me since I was one of the ones that leaked the info that got this thread going in the first place.
Sorry Black letīs say the things like they are I apreciate your efforts and the time you spend answering the answers that our Disfriends are doing, and I have be friendly with you like with all the others members but this thread was created by Me, with announcement of the next FD offer (and like the previous offer I was trying to keep the surprise until the nigth when all of our friends are not working) and you have joined it AFTER i have made it, posting about a posible Southamerican offer that will be released but nothing about the Usa offer and it was posted after I made the thread, if you have the information like me, why donīt you have created a thread?
You not are "one of the ones like you said"
Letīs be honest Iīm tired of people trying to hang from my threads and take credits and Iīm so generous to let them doing that, but Iīm not earning nothing doing this so Iīm not need to tolerate the others take the credit of my time.
When you arrive at this thread, the information was already here, and nobody ask to you about bring information it was already here , next time when you have the information make your own thread before me and in that way you will have the credit that you want.
I donīt have a blog to promote like you have in your signature or packages to sell because I donīt sell packages to the USA market so I have nothing to loose if I donīt post here, I do that because I like this forum and most of their members
You or others members can get mad about this but itīs the true and I donīt care if someone donīt like that I say the truth, Sorry but you are not welcome in the threads that I create, you can do what you want, sure, i know that, iīm not the owner of this forum, but only know that I will stop giving credit to you and , and by way the I have congratulated you for the idea of the ADRīs.

There are some TA that in less thatn a minute that I made a thread they appears trying to bring info that it was already there so why donīt these members create your own threads before?

Sadly to make this post and sorry for the others tnat need to read this but itīs the truth
danny25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:07 PM   #954
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,422

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
RCI stays are not eligible for free dining. A one night stay at the end of your trip will not qualify you for any dining plan, not even a purchased one.
You can get a purchased dining for a 1 night stay if you buy at least a 1 day ticket. But if you don't buy tickets, you can't do it.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:11 PM   #955
smitch425
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 11,631

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
You can get a purchased dining for a 1 night stay if you buy at least a 1 day ticket. But if you don't buy tickets, you can't do it.
True, but she said she would have leftover tickets from the RCI stay, so that is why I said she couldn't purchase one.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:15 PM   #956
Sleepyshopper
Earning My Ears
 
Sleepyshopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 53

We are a Disney Visa Cardholder, but we already have our trip booked and almost paid off.....Can I still call on the 6th (if that is when Disney Visa starts) to change my reservations to FD? Do I just tell them I am a cardholder and give them my account # or something as proof? Never did any of the Disney Visa specials so I am not sure how it all works
__________________

Sept. 2008 POP
Sept. 2012 POP
Sept. 2013 POR
Me , DH , DS16 , DD11, and DD3
Sleepyshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:18 PM   #957
smitch425
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 11,631

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny25 View Post
Sorry Black letīs say the things like they are I apreciate your efforts and the time you spend answering the answers that our Disfriends are doing, and I have be friendly with you like with all the others members but this thread was created by Me, with announcement of the next FD offer (and like the previous offer I was trying to keep the surprise until the nigth when all of our friends are not working) and you have joined it AFTER i have made it, posting about a posible Southamerican offer that will be released but nothing about the Usa offer and it was posted after I made the thread, if you have the information like me, why donīt you have created a thread?
You not are "one of the ones like you said"
Letīs be honest Iīm tired of people trying to hang from my threads and take credits and Iīm so generous to let them doing that, but Iīm not earning nothing doing this so Iīm not need to tolerate the others take the credit of my time.
When you arrive at this thread, the information was already here, and nobody ask to you about bring information it was already here , next time when you have the information make your own thread before me and in that way you will have the credit that you want.
I donīt have a blog to promote like you have in your signature or packages to sell because I donīt sell packages to the USA market so I have nothing to loose if I donīt post here, I do that because I like this forum and most of their members
You or others members can get mad about this but itīs the true and I donīt care if someone donīt like that I say the truth, Sorry but you are not welcome in the threads that I create, you can do what you want, sure, i know that, iīm not the owner of this forum, but only know that I will stop giving credit to you and , and by way the I have congratulated you for the idea of the ADRīs.

There are some TA that in less thatn a minute that I made a thread they appears trying to bring info that it was already there so why donīt these members create your own threads before?

Sadly to make this post and sorry for the others tnat need to read this but itīs the truth
Danny, thank you so much for everything you do for us. I have to be honest and say that while black is giving excellent advice, the self-quoting to promote himself in some of these threads is a bit much(sorry, black ).The way I see it is that everyone here has helpful information to share, and wonderful advice to give. In the grand scheme of things, it really isn't important who said what first, but the true importance is that there are great people in this world and we are blessed to have them here on the Disboards. There is no other poster on this site that I believe 100% besides, Danny25. That is not to say that I don't trust many others 99.9%, but I know when Danny posts that it is the real deal.

For the benefit of everyone here, let's just let the anger go and get back to helping others the way we all love to do.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:28 PM   #958
fivebyfive
Mouseketeer
 
fivebyfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: A place to live, a place to grow...
Posts: 398

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
I have to be honest and say that while black is giving excellent advice, the self-quoting to promote himself in some of these threads is a bit much(sorry, black ).
Well said! I've only ever seen Danny25 "leak" legit information on upcoming promotions. Every other poster has only chimed in once he had.

It will be interesting if the room discount Black mentioned earlier in this thread (August 14th - September 28th or so) pans out. If it does, then no doubt he's not just basing his posts on 'historical data'.
fivebyfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:31 PM   #959
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,296

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny25 View Post

Sorry Black letīs say the things like they are I apreciate your efforts and the time you spend answering the answers that our Disfriends are doing, and I have be friendly with you like with all the others members but this thread was created by Me, with announcement of the next FD offer (and like the previous offer I was trying to keep the surprise until the nigth when all of our friends are not working) and you have joined it AFTER i have made it, posting about a posible Southamerican offer that will be released but nothing about the Usa offer and it was posted after I made the thread, if you have the information like me, why donīt you have created a thread?
You not are "one of the ones like you said"
Letīs be honest Iīm tired of people trying to hang from my threads and take credits and Iīm so generous to let them doing that, but Iīm not earning nothing doing this so Iīm not need to tolerate the others take the credit of my time.
When you arrive at this thread, the information was already here, and nobody ask to you about bring information it was already here , next time when you have the information make your own thread before me and in that way you will have the credit that you want.
I donīt have a blog to promote like you have in your signature or packages to sell because I donīt sell packages to the USA market so I have nothing to loose if I donīt post here, I do that because I like this forum and most of their members
You or others members can get mad about this but itīs the true and I donīt care if someone donīt like that I say the truth, Sorry but you are not welcome in the threads that I create, you can do what you want, sure, i know that, iīm not the owner of this forum, but only know that I will stop giving credit to you and , and by way the I have congratulated you for the idea of the ADRīs.

There are some TA that in less thatn a minute that I made a thread they appears trying to bring info that it was already there so why donīt these members create your own threads before?

Sadly to make this post and sorry for the others tnat need to read this but itīs the truth
Um, lets not take ourselves too seriously here. While it's great that you share/confirm discounts when you get the info from your friend/family member at Disney, the reality is we are just planning Disney vacations around here, not curing cancer or ending world peace. Getting a heads up on a release date is helpful, but the dates are still going to be released for people to take advantage of, whether they are leaked here or not - TAs have been leaking discouny info on here for years a day or two before release.

Just seems like a very silly post.

Last edited by TheDisney411; 04-29-2013 at 12:37 PM.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:35 PM   #960
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepyshopper View Post
We are a Disney Visa Cardholder, but we already have our trip booked and almost paid off.....Can I still call on the 6th (if that is when Disney Visa starts) to change my reservations to FD? Do I just tell them I am a cardholder and give them my account # or something as proof? Never did any of the Disney Visa specials so I am not sure how it all works
You will need to put down a minimum $200 payment with the DV to have the DV FD discount added to your existing reservation.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright Đ 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: