Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-27-2013, 02:26 PM   #796
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf
 
plutospalforever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Notre Dame Fightin' Irish Country
Posts: 1,718

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpessa View Post
Yes you can. I did it last month. 180+6 (I was only there for 6 nights). All online.
I believe you, maybe because when I called last month on my day 180 they were upgrading computers (IT guy did not say that was the reason) but computer would not physically let me book any further in advance than my 180th day. He said if I wanted to book more in advance than that, up to 10 days, I would have to do it on the telephone.
__________________
Me DH DS(13) DD(10) DD(5) DS(2) DPuppy

plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:33 PM   #797
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran
 
Wood Nymph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 5,118

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackenzieFL View Post
This is awesome though. I made ADRs so we wouldn't get stuck. I know I can change them or cancel if anything but didn't want to get left out in the cold.

We have 6 nights at moderate resort (PORS) so the TS ADRs I made are:
Chef Mickey (late breakfast)
1900 Park Fare (late breakfast)
1900 Park Fare (early dinner)
Planet Hollywood (late lunch)
Chip & Dale Harvest Feast Garden Grill (early dinner)
Sci-Fi Dine In Theater Restaurant (late lunch)

(and, yes, I planned according to what day/what park we'll be at)

As I understand it from my research, these are on the regular DP, so they should be included with the free dining, is that right?

And when you go to the restaurant, it seems you get an entree, dessert & non-alcoholic beverage, right? (or buffet, of course, if that's the case)

Now do they allow any entre on the menu, or do you have to look for a more restricted list of offerings? I mean, do you have to get a burger, or can you get like a steak? Is there $$ limit to your entree price or something?

Thank you all so much for your patience with my never-ending pleas for clarification. I don't like surprises, lol. You guys are awesome.
Yes, all the restaurants that participate in the DDP will be included in the free dining plan. You can get any entree on the menu, even the most expensive one.
__________________
~ Sue



Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-27-2013, 02:33 PM   #798
Blessedwith3boys
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 324

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackenzieFL View Post
While I'm thinking, I have a couple more questions.

- how do you usually estimate your trip cost for this kind of package deal?

I looked up regular room rates for that week, added tax & fees. Then I looked up ticket rates + taxes/fees.

So my estimate for 6 nights at PORS + 4 day base tickets is about $2450.

There are 5 of us (we're doing the room w/the extra drop-down bed for my little one).

Does that sound right? And all of us would get the dining plan?

Does it go by room/ticket rate, or will it be a different per person/per night rate?

Again, sorry if my questions are confusing with all these details but I need to get it in my head, I don't want to find out halfway-through our trip I need to start tapping into rent & bill money because I miscalculated. I never did a mod resort, vaca pacakge or dining plan at all. So thank you to all who have the patience to walk me through it

Sounds right to me! We're doing pretty much the same plan, except staying 7 nights. I'm estimating 2600.00!
Blessedwith3boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:49 PM   #799
jpessa
Addicted to Disney
 
jpessa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 639

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post
I believe you, maybe because when I called last month on my day 180 they were upgrading computers (IT guy did not say that was the reason) but computer would not physically let me book any further in advance than my 180th day. He said if I wanted to book more in advance than that, up to 10 days, I would have to do it on the telephone.
That must be it then.
jpessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:57 PM   #800
jpessa
Addicted to Disney
 
jpessa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 639

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpessa View Post
I thought of that but the original reason I'm going is for the LM rooms and to be with the in - laws. I really do have my heart set on it. I was OK with it being excluded from FD because it always is, so I had made my peace with it, but... Now I got my hopes up! Boo.
What do you guys think of the idea of doing a split stay? In my case, I'm doing 10 nights (was originally 6, then 8, then with the FD announcement became 10... ). I'm set for sure on staying at AoA LM, but since I have so much time there I thought I'd start with 5 days POP with free QSDP (arrival on Sept 25, last day of FD!), then 5 days at AoA LM with OOP food.

According to my "Disney math", I could fit it in same budget I had for 8 days at AoA with food all OOP, and all I would have to sacrifice would be one Akershus breakfast (which we did in November, and we're doing CRT this time anyway).

Opinions?

ETA: my in-laws who are also staying at AoA aren't arriving until the 5th day of my stay, so it would work out well to switch then to be with them and DD would still get the "full" Ariel effect.

Last edited by jpessa; 04-27-2013 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Added info
jpessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:11 PM   #801
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,296

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackenzieFL View Post
This is awesome though. I made ADRs so we wouldn't get stuck. I know I can change them or cancel if anything but didn't want to get left out in the cold.

We have 6 nights at moderate resort (PORS) so the TS ADRs I made are:
Chef Mickey (late breakfast)
1900 Park Fare (late breakfast)
1900 Park Fare (early dinner)
Planet Hollywood (late lunch)
Chip & Dale Harvest Feast Garden Grill (early dinner)
Sci-Fi Dine In Theater Restaurant (late lunch)

(and, yes, I planned according to what day/what park we'll be at)

As I understand it from my research, these are on the regular DP, so they should be included with the free dining, is that right?

And when you go to the restaurant, it seems you get an entree, dessert & non-alcoholic beverage, right? (or buffet, of course, if that's the case)

Now do they allow any entre on the menu, or do you have to look for a more restricted list of offerings? I mean, do you have to get a burger, or can you get like a steak? Is there $$ limit to your entree price or something?

Thank you all so much for your patience with my never-ending pleas for clarification. I don't like surprises, lol. You guys are awesome.
There are, generally no exclusions. For more details info about the restaurants and dining plans it's best to post on the Restaurants and Dining Plan boards.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:13 PM   #802
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,296

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackenzieFL View Post
While I'm thinking, I have a couple more questions.

- how do you usually estimate your trip cost for this kind of package deal?

I looked up regular room rates for that week, added tax & fees. Then I looked up ticket rates + taxes/fees.

So my estimate for 6 nights at PORS + 4 day base tickets is about $2450.

There are 5 of us (we're doing the room w/the extra drop-down bed for my little one).

Does that sound right? And all of us would get the dining plan?

Does it go by room/ticket rate, or will it be a different per person/per night rate?

Again, sorry if my questions are confusing with all these details but I need to get it in my head, I don't want to find out halfway-through our trip I need to start tapping into rent & bill money because I miscalculated. I never did a mod resort, vaca pacakge or dining plan at all. So thank you to all who have the patience to walk me through it
You simply go on to the Disney website and price out your resort package with tickets and not add the dining plan option- that will be the exact amount that your package will cost with the free dining code added on.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:18 PM   #803
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,296

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpessa View Post

What do you guys think of the idea of doing a split stay? In my case, I'm doing 10 nights (was originally 6, then 8, then with the FD announcement became 10... ). I'm set for sure on staying at AoA LM, but since I have so much time there I thought I'd start with 5 days POP with free QSDP (arrival on Sept 25, last day of FD!), then 5 days at AoA LM with OOP food.

According to my "Disney math", I could fit it in same budget I had for 8 days at AoA with food all OOP, and all I would have to sacrifice would be one Akershus breakfast (which we did in November, and we're doing CRT this time anyway).

Opinions?

ETA: my in-laws who are also staying at AoA aren't arriving until the 5th day of my stay, so it would work out well to switch then to be with them and DD would still get the "full" Ariel effect.
if it was me, i would just move everyone to Pop if the LM rooms aren't available. I've stayed at the LM rooms, they are cute, but they are in no way, shape or form worth giving up such a huge monetary discount. I mean, really, how much time do you plan to stay in the room? We pretty much sleep and shower there. We lucked out with a FD pin for those rooms last December, but I would have never paid full price - and we have 3 princesses :-)
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:24 PM   #804
jpessa
Addicted to Disney
 
jpessa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 639

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411

if it was me, i would just move everyone to Pop if the LM rooms aren't available. I've stayed at the LM rooms, they are cute, but they are in no way, shape or form worth giving up such a huge monetary discount. I mean, really, how much time do you plan to stay in the room? We pretty much sleep and shower there. We lucked out with a FD pin for those rooms last December, but I would have never paid full price - and we have 3 princesses :-)
Aaaargh! This makes it harder for me because I see your point! What about using the pool there with the in - laws ?
jpessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:24 PM   #805
MackenzieFL
Mouseketeer
 
MackenzieFL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Gulf Coast of FL
Posts: 275

Thank you, that's awesome.

With all the diabetes in our family (genetic on both hubby & my side) food is not usually our focus so we rarely bother to shell out for the character meals or buffets because it feels like a waste. This is going to be quite a treat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
Yes, all the restaurants that participate in the DDP will be included in the free dining plan. You can get any entree on the menu, even the most expensive one.
__________________
PEACE! and all that jazz...
A message from the ecstatic, incorrigible, impatient, hopelessly devoted to Disney child-at-heart,
Mackenzie


[i]Sigh... he wants to marry me all over again! And take me to Walt Disney World for a romantic honeymoon... no wonder I'm still so in love with him!!!


MackenzieFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:25 PM   #806
MackenzieFL
Mouseketeer
 
MackenzieFL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Gulf Coast of FL
Posts: 275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessedwith3boys View Post
Sounds right to me! We're doing pretty much the same plan, except staying 7 nights. I'm estimating 2600.00!
Perfect, thanks so much!
__________________
PEACE! and all that jazz...
A message from the ecstatic, incorrigible, impatient, hopelessly devoted to Disney child-at-heart,
Mackenzie


[i]Sigh... he wants to marry me all over again! And take me to Walt Disney World for a romantic honeymoon... no wonder I'm still so in love with him!!!


MackenzieFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:26 PM   #807
AMT826
Earning My Ears
 
AMT826's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 45

Thank you!!!! We're going Sept 15-20 and staying in AoA LM room. I have been waiting to pay off our trip just in case FD was offered. I wasn't getting my hopes up because I thought if it was, it wouldn't be offered to value resorts. So excited now. Already have all of our ADRs because we were getting the dinning plan either way, but how do I go about getting the FD discount. How do I get the code? When I call on May 9th do I just tell them I want FD or do I have to cancel my reservation and make a new one. Also, I want to upgrade from the QS to the TS+QS dinning plan, is that usually something they allow you to do with FD?

Sorry for so many questions, I haven't been to Disney since I was 6 years old, lol.
AMT826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:27 PM   #808
MackenzieFL
Mouseketeer
 
MackenzieFL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Gulf Coast of FL
Posts: 275

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
You simply go on to the Disney website and price out your resort package with tickets and not add the dining plan option- that will be the exact amount that your package will cost with the free dining code added on.
Thank you for all your answers, yes that was pretty much what I did to get my estimate. They didn't add the taxes to the room, though, so I just looked up the rate and added it myself (11% it seems).

I'm still finding this too good to be true.
__________________
PEACE! and all that jazz...
A message from the ecstatic, incorrigible, impatient, hopelessly devoted to Disney child-at-heart,
Mackenzie


[i]Sigh... he wants to marry me all over again! And take me to Walt Disney World for a romantic honeymoon... no wonder I'm still so in love with him!!!


MackenzieFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:31 PM   #809
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,296

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMT826 View Post
Thank you!!!! We're going Sept 15-20 and staying in AoA LM room. I have been waiting to pay off our trip just in case FD was offered. I wasn't getting my hopes up because I thought if it was, it wouldn't be offered to value resorts. So excited now. Already have all of our ADRs because we were getting the dinning plan either way, but how do I go about getting the FD discount. How do I get the code? When I call on May 9th do I just tell them I want FD or do I have to cancel my reservation and make a new one. Also, I want to upgrade from the QS to the TS+QS dinning plan, is that usually something they allow you to do with FD?

Sorry for so many questions, I haven't been to Disney since I was 6 years old, lol.
In 9 years of free dining, the value resorts have always been included in FD promos.. However, the LM rooms at AoA are generally blacked out for everything. If they are indeed included in this upcoming FD promo, they will be VERY limited. It's always best to have a back up room category or resort.

You will simply call Disney reservations and tell them you want to add the FD discount to your existing reservation. No rebooking and they will credit your the difference.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:32 PM   #810
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,296

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpessa View Post

Aaaargh! This makes it harder for me because I see your point! What about using the pool there with the in - laws ?
Yes, you can go over with your in laws and use the pool.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: