Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2013, 11:18 AM   #781
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by okangela View Post
Okay - thanks! It was worth a try! Do you thing I'd run into any problems if I fly down, check-in, but we don't use any of the park tickets and the room isn't used until 9/27?
If you are there and paying for the room, why wouldn't you stay there? I think housekeeping will notice and it could be an issue. If it were me, I would fly down with my kids, check in, head to a park and upgrade my and my kids' ticket with the bonus days. It is pretty inexpensive to add extra days to a multiday ticket. If you are flying alone, I would still head to the parks for the extra time.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:25 AM   #782
okangela
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
If you are there and paying for the room, why wouldn't you stay there? I think housekeeping will notice and it could be an issue. If it were me, I would fly down with my kids, check in, head to a park and upgrade my and my kids' ticket with the bonus days. It is pretty inexpensive to add extra days to a multiday ticket. If you are flying alone, I would still head to the parks for the extra time.
As much as I'd love to have an extra two days (and not a problem to pay for them), the cost for 4 of us to fly down on the 25th wouldn't be worth the benefit of having free dining. I was going to talk a girlfriend in to going down with me to have a kid-free day in the park before flying home that night.
okangela is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2013, 11:37 AM   #783
nlm74
Mouseketeer

Does this mean since they're offering a free dining they won't offer room discounts? Do they ever offer both discounts at the same time? Really hoping for a room discount......
nlm74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:17 PM   #784
jasmyn02822
Earning My Ears

Aaaand...you've just made my whole darn year
jasmyn02822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:23 PM   #785
LDavis33
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post
The telephone CM's vary greatly I think. You have some that have worked every day for years and are incredibly connected and then you have ones that just work part time that DW pulls in for busy times. Case in point, our day 180 fell just a couple of days before the release of the summer promo. The first CM I spoke with to make ADR's said this was her first day working in a really long time. And I believe her because she could not remember how to make ADR's or even her log in information. It took 30 min's to make 3 ADR's. Luckily I am a very patient person. In addition, all 4 CM's that I spoke to told me I could make ADR's online 180 +10 days out. One even transferred me to an IT guy to work me through it. As soon as he got on the phone he apologized and said I was correct. You can only book day 180 online. So, if you day 180 was on a Monday, you could only book Monday. And the next day come back to book for only that day, etc.

I booked ADRs online over 180 days out.
LDavis33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:43 PM   #786
Don Disney
DIS Veteran

Danny25 is "The Man"! Thanks very much....AGAIN for the info!!
Don Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:54 PM   #787
jpessa
Addicted to Disney

Ok I know it's been said over and over that LM rooms are included but probably extremely limited. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but I have a reservation for LM room starting on the 25th and I can't help being excited. Someone please temper my hopes so I won't be too disappointed if it doesn't work out. I can't change resorts because I'm going with extended family who arrive on the 29th and don't care about the DP anyway. And besides I really want the Ariel themed room for my DD.
jpessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:55 PM   #788
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

So way off topic here. But one thing that's still hazy to me is the whole magicband deal. I would love it if those are out in September.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:56 PM   #789
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpessa View Post
Ok I know it's been said over and over that LM rooms are included but probably extremely limited. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but I have a reservation for LM room starting on the 25th and I can't help being excited. Someone please temper my hopes so I won't be too disappointed if it doesn't work out. I can't change resorts because I'm going with extended family who arrive on the 29th and don't care about the DP anyway. And besides I really want the Ariel themed room for my DD.
You could stay at Pop. It's connected to AOA by a bridge so you'd easily be able to go back and forth to see family. Just a thought.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:01 PM   #790
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDavis33 View Post
I booked ADRs online over 180 days out.
Yes if under day 170 I believe, but you can not book day 180 plus the rest of your stay online

Last edited by plutospalforever; 04-27-2013 at 02:11 PM. Reason: clarifying
plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:01 PM   #791
MackenzieFL
Mouseketeer

This is awesome though. I made ADRs so we wouldn't get stuck. I know I can change them or cancel if anything but didn't want to get left out in the cold.

We have 6 nights at moderate resort (PORS) so the TS ADRs I made are:
Chef Mickey (late breakfast)
1900 Park Fare (late breakfast)
1900 Park Fare (early dinner)
Planet Hollywood (late lunch)
Chip & Dale Harvest Feast Garden Grill (early dinner)
Sci-Fi Dine In Theater Restaurant (late lunch)

(and, yes, I planned according to what day/what park we'll be at)

As I understand it from my research, these are on the regular DP, so they should be included with the free dining, is that right?

And when you go to the restaurant, it seems you get an entree, dessert & non-alcoholic beverage, right? (or buffet, of course, if that's the case)

Now do they allow any entre on the menu, or do you have to look for a more restricted list of offerings? I mean, do you have to get a burger, or can you get like a steak? Is there $$ limit to your entree price or something?

Thank you all so much for your patience with my never-ending pleas for clarification. I don't like surprises, lol. You guys are awesome.

[i]Sigh... he wants to marry me all over again! And take me to Walt Disney World for a romantic honeymoon... no wonder I'm still so in love with him!!!

Last edited by MackenzieFL; 04-27-2013 at 02:08 PM. Reason: corrected detail
MackenzieFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:06 PM   #792
jpessa
Addicted to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever

Correct! But you can not book day 180 plus an additional 10 online. Only day 180.
Yes you can. I did it last month. 180+6 (I was only there for 6 nights). All online.
Old 04-27-2013, 02:07 PM   #793
MackenzieFL
Mouseketeer

While I'm thinking, I have a couple more questions.

- how do you usually estimate your trip cost for this kind of package deal?

I looked up regular room rates for that week, added tax & fees. Then I looked up ticket rates + taxes/fees.

So my estimate for 6 nights at PORS + 4 day base tickets is about $2450.

There are 5 of us (we're doing the room w/the extra drop-down bed for my little one).

Does that sound right? And all of us would get the dining plan?

Does it go by room/ticket rate, or will it be a different per person/per night rate?

Again, sorry if my questions are confusing with all these details but I need to get it in my head, I don't want to find out halfway-through our trip I need to start tapping into rent & bill money because I miscalculated. I never did a mod resort, vaca pacakge or dining plan at all. So thank you to all who have the patience to walk me through it

[i]Sigh... he wants to marry me all over again! And take me to Walt Disney World for a romantic honeymoon... no wonder I'm still so in love with him!!!

MackenzieFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:09 PM   #794
jpessa
Addicted to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562

You could stay at Pop. It's connected to AOA by a bridge so you'd easily be able to go back and forth to see family. Just a thought.
I thought of that but the original reason I'm going is for the LM rooms and to be with the in - laws. I really do have my heart set on it. I was OK with it being excluded from FD because it always is, so I had made my peace with it, but... Now I got my hopes up! Boo.
Old 04-27-2013, 02:25 PM   #795
lazer
DIS Veteran

Just a reminder for the folks hoping for LM inclusion. It was fully booked the week we are going in Sept. Actually we were booked there and switched to POR. It was really crowded when we were there last year and it wasn't even completed, so I was afraid it'd be too crowded for my tastes.

So, just have a back up plan. Pop is great! And, the last time we were there we walked & ate most meals at AOA's food court. So you'll still be able to explore AOA (just not the pools).
lazer is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: