Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 03:21 PM   #691
grkmbee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
No, that's no correct. The suites have been included in all discounts since they opened and nothing has been said about them being blacked out this time.
In general, AoA suites have been included in the offers. However, particular suites may not have been. When I called about my Nemo suite, they were not eligible for the promotion. Now, I know that CMs can be wrong, however, I tried calling several times so I spoke to a variety of CMs, plugged an enormous variety of dates into the computer system for varying number of days and NEVER was I able to get a NEMO suite for the summer promo. The last CM I spoke with said that these suites, because of their location and popularity were not being included. And, the calling and searching were on the release dates of the promo. I imagine this may be similar to a particular category being excluded from a promo. Just like at other resorts, you can move to a different room for the promo (Cars or LK).

I hope that if Nemos are included for the late summer FD promo (hey they're supposedly including LM rooms) that when/if they release the late summer RO discounts that Nemos are also included. (fingers crossed!)
grkmbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:26 PM   #692
ptmmg
DIS Veteran

do Conventions make the the parks more or less crowded?
ptmmg is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2013, 03:30 PM   #693
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgill204 View Post
Thanks! We booked it through RCI trading our timeshare for the room, so we are not paying the rack rate for the room. We will definitely be getting MYW tickets for at least 4 days. So I guess I will need to go back through our travel agent to find out if we can get the free dining? or do I just ask Disney? Also, do we do ADR through Disney? And now I'm worried that we didn't get in on time with it.
An RCI Trade would not be eligible. Before you go to your travel agent or Disney about a full rate room, take a look at the rates:

http://www.mousesavers.com/2013-bay-...-season-dates/

Studios start at $431 plus tax (12.5%).

If you want to stay at BLT, you would probably be better off with your RCI trade and paying for the dining plan or paying for food on your own. This offer does not come out until May 9 (rumored).
Old 04-26-2013, 03:32 PM   #694
PrairiesProud
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Here's a bit of history to give you an idea...
10/2 - 12/21 - Free dining - Announced on 8/16
10/3 - 12/31 - Room only discount - Announced on 8/16

10/2 - 12/17 - Free dining - Announced on 8/3
10/30 - 12/23 - 15%-30% Room discounts - Announced 10/5

9/30 - 12/13 - Free dining - Announced on 7/12
9/30 - 12/22 - 5%-30% Room discounts - Announced 8/27
Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
I'll throw out what I'm seeing at the moment.

Room only discount for travel dates between August 15 and September 28 with some exclusions. Available for booking possibly on May 9. I can't tell if this covers US residents but I think that may be the case.
Black, thank you for the historical data! Historically speaking, has there typically been a gap between the end of late summer discounts and the beginning of fall discounts? For example with the FD offer ending on Sept. 25 and a 'room only' discount ending Sept. 28, could a fall discount potentially follow right through on the 29th... or do they usually come out again a few days into October?
Old 04-26-2013, 03:34 PM   #695
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptmmg View Post
do Conventions make the the parks more or less crowded?
It balances out. Conventions take up rooms that would normally be filled by other guests. The conventions typically have things going on during the day which makes the parks less crowded, but at night they hit the parks which makes them more crowded than during the day. Conventions can also have an effect on park hours, primarily at DHS, which tends to hold private parties for convention goers.

Last edited by smitch425; 04-26-2013 at 04:13 PM. Reason: typo
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:04 PM   #696
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cefcdana View Post
My travel agent said that in the past with other promotions, in order to qualify for the discount at Port Orleans Riverside, you need to be in a preferred room rather than a standard room.

Danny25 or whoever else might know... Do you know if this is true for the upcoming Free Dining offer for September? I am trying to weigh out my options for keeping my current reservation at AoA and paying to upgrade to the regular dining plan or switch over to Port Orleans Riverside. We are a family of 5 so have to have a room that accomodates 5.

Aside from that, does anyone know if the Royal Rooms at POR have a murphy/trundle bed in them? If I have to get a preferred room, those rooms sure look nice compared to the others!
The royal rooms do NOT have the trundle.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:05 PM   #697
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kina View Post
Sorry to crash, but is there usually an offer like this in November?
Yes, but those dates wont be released until probably the summer.

Historic Free Dining Dates and Promo Release Dates:

Free Dining Promos/Discounts Released Spring of the Year Offered:
August 21- October 4, 2005
August 13 - September 30, 2006
August 26 - September 22, 2007
August 30 - September 27, 2008
August 16 - October 3, 2009

July 27, 2009(First Time for quick service at values, free Disney Dining at moderate and deluxe resorts)
Free Dining released for travel from October 4 €“ December 17, 2009

May 3, 2010:
Free Dining released for travel from August 15 €“ October 2, 2010.

July 6, 2010:
Disney extended the Free Dining offer for travel through early fall 2011. Many dates were blacked out:

August 15 - October 7, 2010
October 22 - October 28, 2010
November 12 - November 18, 2010
November 27 - December 2, 2010
December 10 - December 21, 2010

January 1 - 5, 2011
January 9 - 13, 2011
January 21 - February 3, 2011
February 11 - 17, 2011
February 25 - March 3, 2011
May 27 - June 2, 2011
August 19 - September 29, 2011

March 2011:
Free Dining Discount released for August 28 - September 24, 2011

August 3, 2011:
Free Dining Discounts released for dates through early Spring 2012
October 1 - October 6, 2011
October 22 - November 3, 2011
November 12 - November 17, 2011
November 26 - December 1, 2011
December 10 - December 15, 2011
January 8 - January 12, 2012
January 21 - February 2, 2012
February 11 - February 16, 2012
March 3 - March 8, 2012
March 24 - March 29, 2012

March 3, 2012:
August 25 - September 29, 2012

July 11, 2012:
September 30 - October 4, 2012
October 19 - November 1, 2012
November 9 - November 15, 2012
November 23 - November 29, 2012
December 10 - December 13, 2012
Old 04-26-2013, 04:14 PM   #698
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgill204 View Post

Thanks! We booked it through RCI trading our timeshare for the room, so we are not paying the rack rate for the room. We will definitely be getting MYW tickets for at least 4 days. So I guess I will need to go back through our travel agent to find out if we can get the free dining? or do I just ask Disney? Also, do we do ADR through Disney? And now I'm worried that we didn't get in on time with it.
I'm sorry, your reservation is NOT eligible and can not add the free dining discount. You have to be booked under a Magic Your Way package that includes room, tickets and dining. You can not take advantage of a free dining if you are renting points through RCI or any other company.

Your ADRs don't have anything to do with your resort reservation or free dining discounts. You can book ADRs up to 180 days before your check in date. Anyone can make advance dining reservations whether they are staying at a Disney resort or not.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:39 PM   #699
Jfarrellcoupon
Earning My Ears

Im confused and need a little clarification. Please be patient with me, this is my first post on the DisBoards. We have reservations at AOA LM room, checking in Sept 23rd.....will the LM room be included in the free dinning? We are prepared to move our ressie to POP, but I dont want to make that room till we have all of the details. TIA for any assistance with this, and Im sorry if this has already been answered.
Jfarrellcoupon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:46 PM   #700
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfarrellcoupon View Post
Im confused and need a little clarification. Please be patient with me, this is my first post on the DisBoards. We have reservations at AOA LM room, checking in Sept 23rd.....will the LM room be included in the free dinning? We are prepared to move our ressie to POP, but I dont want to make that room till we have all of the details. TIA for any assistance with this, and Im sorry if this has already been answered.
The initial word is that LM AoA will be included in the free dining offer, however, we are all skeptical how long that availability will last once the offer starts. There is also expected to be a 2-3 day window of time where Disney Visa cardholders will have access to the offer before it is open to the general public.

You don't need to change your reservation ahead of the offer being released. If you are prepared to switch to Pop, the scenario would be to keep your LM AoA reservation, call when the free dining offer is available, and see if it can be applied to your LM room. If not, that's the time when you can look at switching to a resort where the free dining is applicable, perhaps at Pop.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:47 PM   #701
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:

It is the consensus of many that if the LM rooms are really included that they will be in very short supply. Having POP as a backup is perfect. The CM can switch you to POP if they are out of LM rooms for the offer. Good luck!
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:50 PM   #702
danny25
I love Disney and Im friend of STICH

Quote:
Hi and Welcome to the Dis , I have see the offer that will be released in May 9 and dont exclude those rooms at AOA from the offer but if this is correct and they are offered I think that only few rooms will be included in the offer so will be very difficult to add the FD to you already made reservation, but you can try, in the worst scenario you can switch to POP and enjoy the FD. Aditionally I can say that its very easy to go from POP to AOA only cross the bridge, depend on the block that you are sometimes its the same distance to go to the food court of AOA from a room at POP. Anyway have a Magical trip
danny25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:52 PM   #703
Jfarrellcoupon
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
The initial word is that LM AoA will be included in the free dining offer, however, we are all skeptical how long that availability will last once the offer starts. There is also expected to be a 2-3 day window of time where Disney Visa cardholders will have access to the offer before it is open to the general public.

You don't need to change your reservation ahead of the offer being released. If you are prepared to switch to Pop, the scenario would be to keep your LM AoA reservation, call when the free dining offer is available, and see if it can be applied to your LM room. If not, that's the time when you can look at switching to a resort where the free dining is applicable, perhaps at Pop.
Thanks a ton! That is the plan. I will be on the phone at 7am on the 9th...and hopefully I will get lucky.
Jfarrellcoupon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:52 PM   #704
danny25

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post

It is the consensus of many that if the LM rooms are really included that they will be in very short supply. Having POP as a backup is perfect. The CM can switch you to POP if they are out of LM rooms for the offer. Good luck!
you have win again boooooh
Old 04-26-2013, 04:54 PM   #705
danny25

Quote:
Originally Posted by chel1825 View Post
Can anyone tell me if there is any truth to the Couponing to Disney website stating Art of Animation Suites are not included for fD? We check in on September 21st with a Nemo Suite at AoA!
They will be included, no doubt

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: