Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 01:17 PM   #676
kokomos
Mouseketeer

Thanks Wendy. One more question for now. Have the ADR stated booking for those dates yet?
kokomos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:19 PM   #677
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokomos View Post
Thanks Wendy. One more question for now. Have the ADR stated booking for those dates yet?
Yes. For September 28th, the 180 day mark was April 1.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2013, 01:20 PM   #678
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
September ADRs opened up for booking in March. You can book 180 days out from check in.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:20 PM   #679
chel1825
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
No, that's no correct. The suites have been included in all discounts since they opened and nothing has been said about them being blacked out this time.
Thank you so much!!!
chel1825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:26 PM   #680
Wendy31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
For some reason, I was thinking the Free Dining ran through 9/28, but it actually ends on 9/25 - just wanted to be sure you saw that. A couple of people corrected me, but, as fast as this thread moves, you might not have seen it!

So, if your nephew & his family are checking in on 9/28, they won't be eligible for the free dining.

Is there any way they can change their dates?

(DH) (me) (DD, 14years) (DS, 13 years) (DS, 4 years)
Wendy31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:31 PM   #681
Wendy31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
But when was the last time we saw a 40% off code? I thinks that's where the cut backs have been ;-)
It's been a while! And, even then, our 40% discount was from a PIN code we received through email (the only PIN code we've ever received actually!) & not a general public discount.

However, if there is a 30% room only discount, I still plan to compare the 30% discount savings to the free dining savings. For our family (2 adults, 2 "Disney adults," & 1 child), free dining is probably going to save us more, but you never know. It probably also depends on the resort as well as to which is a better savings.

(DH) (me) (DD, 14years) (DS, 13 years) (DS, 4 years)
Wendy31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:46 PM   #682
cefcdana
Mouseketeer

My travel agent said that in the past with other promotions, in order to qualify for the discount at Port Orleans Riverside, you need to be in a preferred room rather than a standard room.

Danny25 or whoever else might know... Do you know if this is true for the upcoming Free Dining offer for September? I am trying to weigh out my options for keeping my current reservation at AoA and paying to upgrade to the regular dining plan or switch over to Port Orleans Riverside. We are a family of 5 so have to have a room that accomodates 5.

Aside from that, does anyone know if the Royal Rooms at POR have a murphy/trundle bed in them? If I have to get a preferred room, those rooms sure look nice compared to the others!
cefcdana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:52 PM   #683
brizzer79
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuchLovedMama View Post
We can't get back until September 2014 and now I'm getting nervous for any free dining at all next year after seeing the cut back this year. Maybe they'll lose customers this year and have to bring back more next year.
Not sure if this is any real measure tool but according to travelplans.com the dates we are going (9/7 to 9/15) have nearly doubled in the crowd level predictions since we booked less than 2 months ago. I go during that time for the low crowd level so I am not happy about the increase but it really is great for Disney.

CBR 1991 ~ Contemporary 1997 ~ Off Site 2002 ~ CBR 2007 ~ Fort Wilderness Campsites 2010 ~ POFQ 2013
brizzer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:53 PM   #684
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by cefcdana View Post
My travel agent said that in the past with other promotions, in order to qualify for the discount at Port Orleans Riverside, you need to be in a preferred room rather than a standard room.

Danny25 or whoever else might know... Do you know if this is true for the upcoming Free Dining offer for September? I am trying to weigh out my options for keeping my current reservation at AoA and paying to upgrade to the regular dining plan or switch over to Port Orleans Riverside. We are a family of 5 so have to have a room that accomodates 5.

Aside from that, does anyone know if the Royal Rooms at POR have a murphy/trundle bed in them? If I have to get a preferred room, those rooms sure look nice compared to the others!
I've done free dining every year it's been offered and stayed at Riverside many times. I've never had to stay in a particular room to qualify.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:00 PM   #685
MuchLovedMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brizzer79 View Post
Not sure if this is any real measure tool but according to travelplans.com the dates we are going (9/7 to 9/15) have nearly doubled in the crowd level predictions since we booked less than 2 months ago. I go during that time for the low crowd level so I am not happy about the increase but it really is great for Disney.
Wow! That's crazy. We've went mid-September in 2008, 2010 & 2012. That's my favorite time to go too because crowds are so low but gradually it has increased with each time. We went mid-September in 2000 as well and crowds were so low that we'd be on a ride and it would return to the load/un-load area and many times they'd ask if wanted to just stay on and ride again. It was a ghost town back then. I see why they started offering deals to bring people in. I just hope the deals don't end altogether.
1998 - Offsite
2000 - CBR
2008 - POP (first trip with the kids)
2010 - POP
2012 - AoA
Upcoming ???
MuchLovedMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:03 PM   #686
MuchLovedMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brizzer79 View Post
Did you mean the touringplans website? travelplans doesn't come up for me.
1998 - Offsite
2000 - CBR
2008 - POP (first trip with the kids)
2010 - POP
2012 - AoA
Upcoming ???
MuchLovedMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:09 PM   #687
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo

Quote:

Your travel agent is incorrect. I have stayed in both POR and POFQ Standard Rooms on FD.

DL & WDW * FW Cabin 3x * AKL CL 2x * Poly CL * CR CL * AKL Savannah * POFQ * POR

Lehuaann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:54 PM   #688
Kina
Earning My Ears

Sorry to crash, but is there usually an offer like this in November?
Old 04-26-2013, 02:57 PM   #689
Three cats
DIS Veteran

Quote:

No, the Royal Rooms do not have the trundle bed. Only the Alligator Bayou section of the resort has those.
Three cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:20 PM   #690
sgill204
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
Yes, if you are paying full price for the room (not DVC points) and buy at least a 2 day MYW ticket. Plus it has to be available for your date and room type (there is a limit to the number of rooms for the promo).
Thanks! We booked it through RCI trading our timeshare for the room, so we are not paying the rack rate for the room. We will definitely be getting MYW tickets for at least 4 days. So I guess I will need to go back through our travel agent to find out if we can get the free dining? or do I just ask Disney? Also, do we do ADR through Disney? And now I'm worried that we didn't get in on time with it.
sgill204 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: