Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-25-2013, 01:44 PM   #556
mouserrificmom
Mouseketeer
 
mouserrificmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 219

you're welcome!!! I am hoping this will become a permanent thing......one more hook in my plea to my husband to approve more frequent trips!!
mouserrificmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:46 PM   #557
amcn928
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 37

Can I book two packages for the same week? Just curious If they will allow me to book the 24th through oct. 2nd in addition to my original reservation of sept 27th through oct6th with the intention to cancel one of them? I'm hesitant to cancel my original reservation until its really official.
amcn928 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-25-2013, 01:49 PM   #558
smitch425
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 11,631

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcn928 View Post
Can I book two packages for the same week? Just curious If they will allow me to book the 24th through oct. 2nd in addition to my original reservation of sept 27th through oct6th with the intention to cancel one of them? I'm hesitant to cancel my original reservation until its really official.
Why not call and modify your existing reservation to start on the 24th now, and then when you call to add free dining, you can drop the days at the end? No reason to tie up another $200 of your money.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:55 PM   #559
amcn928
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post

Why not call and modify your existing reservation to start on the 24th now, and then when you call to add free dining, you can drop the days at the end? No reason to tie up another $200 of your money.
I'm just hesitant to drop our original dates until its official from disney....I might be over thinking everything at this point
amcn928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:58 PM   #560
Kat016
DIS Veteran
 
Kat016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pottstown, Pa
Posts: 2,758

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouserrificmom View Post
you're welcome!!! I am hoping this will become a permanent thing......one more hook in my plea to my husband to approve more frequent trips!!
Lol...I hear ya!! Anything to save money is good Disney justification!
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:07 PM   #561
vacation_junkie
Have Suitcase...will Travel :)
 
vacation_junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fonthill - Ontario - Canada
Posts: 1,243

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstone View Post
I am very excited to see this information! Again, thanks to Danny and Black for keeping us informed. I have a question. I'm new to the free dining promo and I think I've seen what the TS meal plan is, but would like to know what the QS meal plan includes. We want to compare the costs between a stay at Pop and a stay at the Poly.
Keep in mind that you can stay at POP and upgrade from the QS to DDP. You just pay the difference. It works out to about $18 per adult per day...kids about $4 per day
__________________
The Vacation Junkies
Family Adventures - 11 Disney Land Based Vacations ~ 5 Cruise lines ~154 Days Sailed ~ 22 Ports ...Most Recent Sailed Carnival Breeze & Disney Magic !! UP Next- Allure of the Seas


vacation_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:08 PM   #562
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyMom5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 4,570

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcn928 View Post
I'm just hesitant to drop our original dates until its official from disney....I might be over thinking everything at this point
I think she means to add on the extra days to the beginning and leave the rest as it is for now. If you need to change it later, you can drop days from the beginning or end.
[That's how I understood it, anyway.]
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:11 PM   #563
amcn928
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom5 View Post

I think she means to add on the extra days to the beginning and leave the rest as it is for now. If you need to change it later, you can drop days from the beginning or end.
[That's how I understood it, anyway.]
Oh you are right. I misread that. Thanks! That's a great idea.
amcn928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:15 PM   #564
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept
 
black562's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,196

Totally off topic, but don't forget if anyone is going next month that they're doing another 24 hour park opening at Magic Kingdom on May 24.
__________________
Joe
1973-1994 - Off Site | 1995 - Carribbean Beach, All Star Music, Beach Club | 1996 - Dixie Landings
1997 - Off Site
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs



black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:24 PM   #565
chartle
DIS Veteran
 
chartle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pgh
Posts: 14,418

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Totally off topic, but don't forget if anyone is going next month that they're doing another 24 hour park opening at Magic Kingdom on May 24.
Is this official?
__________________
'77 FW Campsite, '99 FW Cabin, Feb '06 Off site Magical Music Days Band Trip, Aug '08 Offsite, Feb '10 Off site Magical Music Days Band Trip, May '11 Offsite, Dec '13 Offsite
ME DW DS24 DS22
chartle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:27 PM   #566
MommySueto4
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4

Question

If the Disney Visa holders will supposedly be able to book at 7am on May 6, won't we need a pin to do so? I know I never get my mail before 3pm if it is announced on a flyer, and I usually don't get my Disney rewards emails that early in the morning either ... so how does it usually work?
MommySueto4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:37 PM   #567
PictureJumpr
At Least 'til it Rains
 
PictureJumpr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,610

If you're a Disney visa holder you call in and ask for the promo.
Then you must use your Disney visa to pay the deposit.

No code required.
PictureJumpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:49 PM   #568
Mickey1Fan
He had five fingers and was wearing white gloves
 
Mickey1Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,246

If we are checking in on August 31 can we add free dining as of Sept 2 or does it have to completely coincide with our dates?

In what I have read it means we have to buy tickets too. This is difficult because we were not buying tickets with out room booking because we do not want to do the same things.

I have not read the entire thread so I hope this has not been asked and answered already.
__________________
Savvy

Last trip...WDW Port Orleans French Quarter and DCL Disney Fantasy September 2013

Dreams Take Flight Group Leader 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014
http://yyz.dreamstakeflight.ca/

Last edited by Mickey1Fan; 04-25-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Mickey1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:59 PM   #569
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept
 
black562's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,196

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey1Fan View Post
If we are checking in on August 31 can we add free dining as of Sept 2 or does it have to completely coincide with our dates?

In what I have read it means we have to buy tickets too. This is difficult because we were not buying tickets with out room booking because we do not want to do the same things.

I have not read the entire thread so I hope this has not been asked and answered already.
Your check in has to fall on one of the dates. And yes you would all have to have at least two day passes as well.
__________________
Joe
1973-1994 - Off Site | 1995 - Carribbean Beach, All Star Music, Beach Club | 1996 - Dixie Landings
1997 - Off Site
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs



black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:15 PM   #570
Disneyfan1977
DIS Veteran
 
Disneyfan1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 666

What about dates after September? No free dining after September?!?!
__________________
ME DH DD12 DS9


[CENTER]Polynesian 1979, Polynesian 1981, Polynesian 1983, Polynesian 1985, Polynesian 1986, Polyneisan 1988, Polynesian 1990, Beach Club 1992, Wilderness Lodge 1995, Off Property 1996 (senior class trip), Off Property 1997 (work related), Wilderness Lodge 1998, Polynesian 1999, Grand Floridian 2007, Pop & Beach Club Villas 2008Fort Wilderness Cabins 20092011 Port Orleans French Quarter
Disneyfan1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: