Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 12:23 PM   #541
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyolily View Post
Please forgive me if this has already been asked - this is a long thread!!

Any news if this will be released a couple of days earlier to Disney Visa cardholders as it has been in previous years??
Yes it's supposed to be.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:25 PM   #542
wiggles
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartle View Post
I'm assuming you have a non traditional school year or I think what some call balanced. Else why would you have final in September.

But anyway I wonder if more school districts adopt these calendars, how will affect Disney Touring.
We are on a modified year round and have been for several years. Several southern states have at least a week off in the fall. We get two! The high school gives end of the semester finals every 9 weeks before each break that she cannot miss. If it were elementary or jr high I would just take them out of school for the 3 days...I have before. It's so much easier when they are younger.
2006 Disney Magic & MNSSHP
2007 Disney Magic DH & I alone
2008 POP
2009 POP
2011 POP
2012 POP
wiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 12:26 PM   #543
tonyolily
Luv 2 Lurk

Thanks Disney411!

Me DH DS-19 DS-12 DD-2

tonyolily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:33 PM   #544
lindap1
DIS Veteran

Have reservations for Nov 10 - 17 and really hoping and praying for fd. It was offered during this time the last few years,so keeping my fingers crossed
Old 04-25-2013, 12:36 PM   #545
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindap1 View Post
Have reservations for Nov 10 - 17 and really hoping and praying for fd. It was offered during this time the last few years,so keeping my fingers crossed
There's a good chance :-). The October-December FD dates are usually released in July, sometimes August.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:40 PM   #546
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartle View Post

Do you have backup plans? I had heard that one of the major issues is that if the flight is cancelled, its cancelled.
I'm flying out of new castle too on 10/26 and returning 11/2. We got $814 for 4 of us round trip. Anything out of Philly would have cost us $400 more.

Last edited by Kat016; 04-25-2013 at 01:05 PM.
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:43 PM   #547
lindap1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindap1 View Post
Oh that would make hubby sooooo happy
Old 04-25-2013, 01:00 PM   #548
mouserrificmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat016 View Post

i'm flying out of new castle too on 10/26 and returning 11/2. We got $814 for 4 of us round trip. Anything out of philly would have cost us $400 more.
yay!
mouserrificmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:06 PM   #549
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouserrificmom View Post

yay!
Do you happen to know how far in advance they cancel a flight if they're going to cancel it?? I never even thought of that happening.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:18 PM   #550
MommySueto4
Earning My Ears

Question

So we are booked Aug 30 - Sep 7 with a MYW package and a 9 day park hopper. If we split the reservation to a 3 night hotel only and 5 night MYW package beginning on Sep 2, can we still add the 9 day park hopper to the 5 night package and pick it up 3 days early (Aug 30??? or Aug 31????) and begin using on that day, or does the first day that you use the park hopper have to coinside with your check in date? Also, if you pick the pass up early, can it be done at a resort, or only in the parks (I read that you could do it at a park guest relations window -- are these inside or outside the gates???? Thanks so much for your help!
MommySueto4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:19 PM   #551
mouserrificmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post

Do you happen to know how far in advance they cancel a flight if they're going to cancel it?? I never even thought of that happening.
I do not expect cancellations with the exception of weather related incidents. When Frontier first pulled out of Philly they went to Allentown....touted it as a low cost alternative for families traveling to the Orlando area from Philaldelphia. Though it didn't take off the way they hoped and they ultimately pulled the service, they carried out all of the already planned flights. They are only accepting reservations July-nov .... So I imagine this is a test as well, and expect them to keep all the currently scheduled flights.

When they pulled out of Allentown, they went to Trenton and have been successful there I believe, having a friend who has flown that way a few times. Interestingly, Trenton is having some runway work done this summer, right around the same time the flights start in Wilmington.....so I think this may also be a re-routing of those flights too. Philadelphia manages a lot of Delaware and southern New Jersey air traffic, so I think generally speaking a net is better cast in Delaware or Trenton as opposed to Allentown....that's a long drive from Jersey.

Now I am no expert by any means....those are just my thoughts. I for one hope this route sticks!!! Mile wise it is probably 6 & 1/2 to either Philly or New Castle, but NC is certainly easier for many reasons!!
mouserrificmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:22 PM   #552
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommySueto4 View Post
So we are booked Aug 30 - Sep 7 with a MYW package and a 9 day park hopper. If we split the reservation to a 3 night hotel only and 5 night MYW package beginning on Sep 2, can we still add the 9 day park hopper to the 5 night package and pick it up 3 days early (Aug 30??? or Aug 31????) and begin using on that day, or does the first day that you use the park hopper have to coinside with your check in date? Also, if you pick the pass up early, can it be done at a resort, or only in the parks (I read that you could do it at a park guest relations window -- are these inside or outside the gates???? Thanks so much for your help!
Yes you can purchase the 9 day hopper passes with the 5 night package stay.

In the past, you could not pick up your package tickets early at your resort, they they have to be picked up at guest relations at Downtown Disney or one of the parks. You should be able to use them immediately.

Last edited by TheDisney411; 04-25-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:34 PM   #553
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouserrificmom View Post

I do not expect cancellations with the exception of weather related incidents. When Frontier first pulled out of Philly they went to Allentown....touted it as a low cost alternative for families traveling to the Orlando area from Philaldelphia. Though it didn't take off the way they hoped and they ultimately pulled the service, they carried out all of the already planned flights. They are only accepting reservations July-nov .... So I imagine this is a test as well, and expect them to keep all the currently scheduled flights.

When they pulled out of Allentown, they went to Trenton and have been successful there I believe, having a friend who has flown that way a few times. Interestingly, Trenton is having some runway work done this summer, right around the same time the flights start in Wilmington.....so I think this may also be a re-routing of those flights too. Philadelphia manages a lot of Delaware and southern New Jersey air traffic, so I think generally speaking a net is better cast in Delaware or Trenton as opposed to Allentown....that's a long drive from Jersey.

Now I am no expert by any means....those are just my thoughts. I for one hope this route sticks!!! Mile wise it is probably 6 & 1/2 to either Philly or New Castle, but NC is certainly easier for many reasons!!
Thank you!! That makes me feel better. I live an hour west of Philly. I'm more than willing to drive the extra time to new castle for a savings of $400.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:41 PM   #554
pooch
I feel so special now!!

Sorry

have not had time to read the whole thread. Is there an opinion as to what this means for maybe FD in early (like the first week of) December?

pooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #555
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooch View Post
have not had time to read the whole thread. Is there an opinion as to what this means for maybe FD in early (like the first week of) December?
It's really up in the air at this point, but one thing we know for sure is that free dining isn't dead....yet, anyway. Good luck! Hoping for October myself.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: